Vegetarian Menus on Celebrity???

nycglitter

I have searched and this topic has not been brought up in a while.

My family and I will be on the Reflection in June 2018. Since our last Celebrity Cruise, I now have 2 Vegetarians in my family.

We were able to get RCL on our last cruise to accommodate by emailing them ahead of time and speaking with the

head waiter each night before dinner.

I was wondering if any of you have cruised recently on Celebrity and had seen or requested a published Vegetarian Menu or is there still just one option each night in the MDR?

Thanks for your help. Concerned father/husband...

Mark

My wife and I are both vegetarian. We've been on many Celebrity cruises and have never seen a seperate vegetarian menu. Great idea! Holland America does have one. On Celebrity, we check out the next evening's menu posted at the MDR entrance and sometimes enjoy the buffet instead which generally has several vegetarian Asian and Indian choices. Don't forget Aqua Spa Cafe for lunch. Some creative veggie options there.

The main menu always has vegetarian options at all meals....if you're a strict vegan speak to your waiter or the maitre D....they will accommodate you. I eat plant based (there is a difference) and I've never had a problem except on rare occasions when I get bored with Indian cuisine, which I love but not every night. I mentioned it to the Maitre D, and the next night there were other choices. Obviously they cannot anticipate everyone's preference but I find them more than willing to offer what you want if you ask.

My wife is vegetarian.

Celebrity ALWAYS has a separate vegetarian menu each night.

If you ask your waiter for one, they will immediately bring it to you, along with the regular menu which will also have vegetarian items.

I'm not sure if you can expect to arrange for special items by requesting them the night before, since there is a separate vegetarian menu.

Enjoy your cruise!

The main menu always has vegetarian options at all meals....if you're a strict vegan speak to your waiter or the maitre D....they will accommodate you. I eat plant based (there is a difference) and I've never had a problem except on rare occasions when I get bored with Indian cuisine, which I love but not every night. I mentioned it to the Maitre D, and the next night there were other choices. Obviously they cannot anticipate everyone's preference but I find them more than willing to offer what you want if you ask.

I appreciate the feedback. Real issue for us is cheese. Most people naturally assume all cheese is vegetarian and it is not based on the rennent. It is always a challenge asking if they know the "brand" or if the enzyme is animal or microbial.

We will make due.. just wish it was easier.

Mark

My wife is vegetarian.

Celebrity ALWAYS has a separate vegetarian menu each night.

If you ask your waiter for one, they will immediately bring it to you, along with the regular menu which will also have vegetarian items.

I'm not sure if you can expect to arrange for special items by requesting them the night before, since there is a separate vegetarian menu.

Enjoy your cruise!

Awesome. Thanks :)

I appreciate the feedback. Real issue for us is cheese. Most people naturally assume all cheese is vegetarian and it is not based on the rennent. It is always a challenge asking if they know the "brand" or if the enzyme is animal or microbial.

We will make due.. just wish it was easier.

Mark

Being a vegan and having been on quite a few sailings with X, I recommend that vegetarians (strict) and vegans forget about having any cheese.

bon voayge

As some replies have stated that there is no separate menu, I guess it must be per ship.

I can report that there was a separate menu on the Eclipse on our cruise in Jan. 2017. Most nights

I had to remind our waiter that I needed it, but he always was able to find it. My husband and I are also plant based

eaters, and it worked out fantastic for us.

Often the other 4 people in our group wanted to order off of it as well.

I am hoping our cruise in October on the Reflection will be a ship that DOES have the menu:D

On Constellation, Eclipse and Silhouette we have asked for a vegetarian menu when we check in at the maitre D stand and they bring a separate vegetarian menu when they seat you. Saves the waiter having to go back up front to get one.

My wife and I are both vegetarian. We've been on many Celebrity cruises and have never seen a seperate vegetarian menu. Great idea! Holland America does have one. On Celebrity, we check out the next evening's menu posted at the MDR entrance and sometimes enjoy the buffet instead which generally has several vegetarian Asian and Indian choices. Don't forget Aqua Spa Cafe for lunch. Some creative veggie options there.

We just got off the Reflection last week and we had two vegetarians at our table. They had a separate vegetarian menu that they gave to them each evening. I didn't look at it so I don't know if it changed every day or not. It was printed on paper and not in the usual booklet form.

As some replies have stated that there is no separate menu, I guess it must be per ship.

I can report that there was a separate menu on the Eclipse on our cruise in Jan. 2017. Most nights

I had to remind our waiter that I needed it, but he always was able to find it. My husband and I are also plant based

I am hoping our cruise in October on the Reflection will be a ship that DOES have the menu:D

It does! We just got off the Reflection and they had it for the two vegetarians at our table.

I'll report back in June... :D

So good to hear Celebrity offers a seperate vegetarian menu! I mentioned in an earlier post that my wife and I have both been vegetarians for many years and for 13 cruises, we have usually ended up at the buffet, since the regular menu usually had only one or maybe two vegetarian choices. I'm disappointed that during all those cruises, especially when we begin our order with " my wife and I are both vegetarian, so...", none of our servers (even in BLU) ever suggested the veggie menu alternative. Thank you CC posters for enlightening us! We will enjoy our next cruise even more!

So good to hear Celebrity offers a seperate vegetarian menu! I mentioned in an earlier post that my wife and I have both been vegetarians for many years and for 13 cruises, we have usually ended up at the buffet, since the regular menu usually had only one or maybe two vegetarian choices. I'm disappointed that during all those cruises, especially when we begin our order with " my wife and I are both vegetarian, so...", none of our servers (even in BLU) ever suggested the veggie menu alternative. Thank you CC posters for enlightening us! We will enjoy our next cruise even more!

t - sorry this was not provided to you on previous sailings...

Also, please remember, going forward, even if there is no vegetarian menu, you can create your own meal for the most part.

Being a low-fat vegan, I often times have to be creative and tell them what I want prepared and in 85% of the time it is spot on... If I cannot have a chef/cook like that at home, I might as well take advantage of it while on-board! I even bring a few recipes with me, just in case the chef needs some ideas. LOL

Enjoy your culinary adventure on your next sailing and come back to tell us all about the wonderful morsels you experienced!

Do not be afraid to speak up for your dietary preferences, belly and taste buds others do... even crew.

bon voyage

As a veggie ,I was excited to experience their menu..I am sorry to say I was very disappointed. The first night a portebello mushroom...the second,vegetable tart, which turned out to be a blind baked pastry case with a spoonful of ratatouille. Neither was accompanied by any vegetables. We ended up eating in the OV ,and there was so much choice at every meal. The shame is,my husband ,a meat eater had hoped to enjoy the MDR,and I didnt get to wear all the clothes I brought. If I had to sum up my feelings,I felt they were ticking a box rather than creating an eating experience.

I’m a vegetarian and have sailed on a number of cruise lines including all of the Celebrity ships. Celebrity ALWAYS has a vegetarian menu available in the main dinning rooms, Luminae, and Blu.

But, sometimes the vegetarian menu has “token veggie” items that are not very pleasant. I always ask our butler (or cabin steward) for a copy of all the Luminae, Main Dinning Room, and vegetarian menus the first night after boarding. That way we can preview the menus and decide which nights we eat in Luminae, OceanView vs specialty restaurants. Sometimes we have asked the Onshore Concierge to have the butler pull the menus together and have them ready for us when we board.

And ... if you are in a higher level suite, the head chef will also accommodate special requests. On one cruise, we made up our own menu each night for a party of eight (four suites) and had them serve it in our suite (Penthouse). It was outstanding. We had custom made selections of Indian food, soups, appetizers, pizza, stir fry, etc, etc. Always plenty of vegetarian options. The head chef really had fun with us.

Special requests really depend on the chef. Some will be excited about cooking something different, and some will just be too busy to accommodate. I asked for a “veggie burger” one time for lunch in Luminae... the waiter said they didn’t have any, but went and asked the chef. His response was amazing !!! He was soooo excited to be able to make something different. The chef asked us what we liked and didn’t like and made us by far the BEST veggie burgers we have ever had ... all from scratch. While on a cruise in New Zealand one time, the head chef heard that we liked authentic vegetarian Indian food and made us a selection of special dishes every night in addition to our regular orders. The crew was great and kept coming by the see what he had made for us. I was curious and asked one of the waiters ... he said that they LOVE it when the chef does special requests ... because he always makes a very big batch and they get to eat the extras later. It was a lot of fun for us vegetarians AND the crew !!

We have also asked for special olive bread and cheese breads. Sometimes they really get into it and love the special requests ... sometimes not so much.

It never hurts to ask the head chef !! They get tired of the same old menus and look forward to cook something different for appreciative and pleasant guests.

Don —-

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I enjoy one salad meal each day as part of my healthy eating plan....For lunch, the buffet has many varied offerings where one can put together an amazing salad with healthy non fat dressings..

The dinner menu in BLU also has very good salads and non meat choices. All can be made into an entree...And wherever I dine, I am able to order double veggies, freshly steamed.

I was wondering if any of you have cruised recently on Celebrity and had seen or requested a published Vegetarian Menu or is there still just one option each night in the MDR?

Mark

From MDR standard menus marked with the leaf that indicates that it is vegetarian

Day 1

Starters

Belgian Endive-Arugula Salad

Green Apples, White Balsamic,

Candied Pecans

Roasted Carrot Cumin Salad

with Avocado, Sunflower Seeds, Arugula

and Lemon Yogurt Vinaigrette

Organic Roasted Red Beets

Topped with Feta Cheese and Sherry

Vinaigrette; Served with Teardrop

Tomatoes and Arugula

Chilled Thai Coconut Soup

Lemongrass, ginger and cilantro

Cream of Wild Forest

Mushroom Soup

Mushroom Truffle Fricassée

ENTREES

Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli

Marinara and Parmesan Cream Sauce

Day 2

Starters

Tomato Watermelon Salad

Basil, Feta, Sourdough Croutons,

Sherry Vinaigrette

Yellow Corn Soup

Chopped Chives

Chilled Pear and Honey Soup

Mascarpone Cream

ENTREES

Stuffed Portobello Mushroom

Spinach-Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper

Coulis, Basil Pesto and Fried Onion

Day 3

Starters

Garden Fresh Salad

Mixed Lettuce, Seasonal Vegetables,

Cucumber, Tomatoes

Chickpea-Tomato Soup

Spinach and Lemon Pepper

ENTREES

Fried Masala Potatoes

Spices, Yogurt, Cilantro, Chili Pepper

Served with Raita

Day 4

Starters

Caprese

Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella,

Basil, Arugula, Extra Virgin Olive Oil,

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Grilled Asparagus Salad

Toasted Almonds, Pistachios, Goat Cheese,

Lemon Basil Emulsion

Creamy Butternut Squash

Soup

Caramelized Apple and Walnuts

ENTREES

Toasted Israeli Couscous Cake

Asparagus Spears, Cherry Tomatoes,

Zucchini Ribbons, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Day 5

Starters

Chicory Apple Pear Salad

Toasted Walnuts, Blue Cheese,

Cider Vinaigrette

Boston Lettuce and

Gorgonzola Salad

Gorgonzola Cheese, Red Grapes, Toasted

Herb Croutons, Walnut Dressing

Tomato Watermelon Gazpacho

Bell Pepper, Cucumber, Basil, Crouton,

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Cream of Broccoli

Cheddar Cheese Crostini

ENTREES

Vegetable Korma

Spiced Seasonal Vegetables, Ground

Almonds, Coconut Milk; Roti

Penne Primavera

Seasonal Vegetables, Basil Pesto, Olive

Oil, Roasted Garlic, Parmesan Cheese

Day 6

Starters

Kale Salad

Roasted Squash, Dried Cherries,

Caramelized Pecans, Lemon Vinaigrette

Creamy Smoked Tomato Bisque

Basil Pesto and Herbed Croutons

Double Baked Blue

Cheese Soufflé

Parmesan Coulis and Red Onion

Marmalade

ENTREES

Creamy Wild Mushroom

Risotto

Black Truffle and Parmesan

Day 7

Starters

Eggplant Caviar

Roasted Red Pepper, Za'atar, Olive, Garlic,

Crostini

Chop Chop Composed Salad

Celery, Carrots, Romaine Lettuce,

Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette

Spinach Turnover

Ricotta & Spinach Stuffed Puff Pastry

Creamy Emmental Cheese Sauce, Black

Olives, Italian Parsley

Tuscan Vegetable Minestrone

Fresh Basil Chiffonade

ENTREES

Homemade Gnocchi ai

Quattro Formaggi

Creamy Four Cheese Sauce, Italian Parsley

Day 8

Starters

Mesclun Greens

Goat Cheese and Dried Cranberries

Parmesan Crouton

Poached Anjou Pear &

Gorgonzola Cheese

Baked in Phyllo Pastry and Port Wine

Reduction

ENTREES

Pappardelle con Funghi

Wide Ribbon Noodles, Wild Mushroom

Ragoût; Basil, Goat Cheese

Day 9

Starters

Squash Soup

Sautéed Apples, Anise, Cloves,

Candied Pumpkin Seeds

Creamy Celery Root Soup

Caramelized Apples and Chives

Warm Goat Cheese

Croustillant

Red & Yellow Sweet Bell Pepper Salad

ENTREES

Creamy Corn Farrotto

Succotash, Basil, Parmesan

Day 10

Starters

Mâche Salad

Sliced Strawberries and Blue Cheese

Panzanella Salad

Teardrop Tomatoes, Foccacia Croutons,

Basil, Fresh Mozzarella, Olives,

Cucumbers

ENTREES

Vegetable Wellington

Stuffed with Spinach, Feta Cheese,

Roasted Peppers and Mushrooms; Served

with Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce

Day 11

Starters

Greek Salad

Cucumber, Tomatoes, Feta Cheese

Mixed Greens and

Red Pepper Salad

Red Radishes

Whole Wheat Orecchiette

Arugula Walnut Pesto, Artichokes,

Asparagus, Tomato Confit, Parmesan

Silky Smooth Strawberry Soup

Lemon Zest Cream

Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli

ENTREES

Vegetable Biryani –

Basmati Rice

Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Turmeric;

Served with Naan Bread & Yogurt Sauce

Day 12

Starters

Chicory Apple Pear Salad

Cider Vinaigrette

Wild Mushroom-Barley Soup

Mixed Vegetables

Creamy Spinach and

Artichoke Dip

Parmesan Pita Chips

ENTREES

Tikka Masala Tofu

Spinach, Green Lentils, Okra, Red Pepper;

Served with Paratha

Day 13

Starters

Seasonal Mixed Lettuce

With Cucumbers, Chopped Hard Boiled

Eggs and Scallions

Tomato Watermelon Salad

Basil, Feta, Sourdough Croutons, Sherry

Vinaigrette

Wild Mushroom Vol-au-Vent

Ragoût of Wild Mushrooms & Thyme

Truffle Cream Sauce

ENTREES

Pappardelle Primavera

Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes, Broccoli

Florets, Zucchini, Basil Pesto

Mediterranean Phyllo Tart

Artichokes, Vegetable “à la Grecque”,

Red Pepper Coulis

And Day 14

Starters

Baby Mizuna

Shaved Apples and Julienne Fennel

Traditional Leek and

Potato Vichyssoise

Savory Cream

ENTREES

Whole Wheat Spaghetti

Pomodoro

Yellow & Green Squash, Garlic,

Parmesan, Basil

Golden Baked French Pot Pie

Grilled Tomatoes, Champignons de Paris,

Creamy Tarragon Velouté"

Bon Voyage

I have searched and this topic has not been brought up in a while.

My family and I will be on the Reflection in June 2018. Since our last Celebrity Cruise, I now have 2 Vegetarians in my family.

We were able to get RCL on our last cruise to accommodate by emailing them ahead of time and speaking with the

head waiter each night before dinner.

Mark

As others have said, there are always veggie menus on the menu. However, I always ask my waiter to make me a veggie plate with what I like and I have never had an issue. I don't email ahead of time or talk to the head waiter, the waiter will take care of it for me. Do it all the time

From MDR standard menus marked with the leaf that indicates that it is vegetarian

Day 1

Starters

Belgian Endive-Arugula Salad

Green Apples, White Balsamic,

Candied Pecans

Roasted Carrot Cumin Salad

with Avocado, Sunflower Seeds, Arugula

and Lemon Yogurt Vinaigrette

Organic Roasted Red Beets

Topped with Feta Cheese and Sherry

Vinaigrette; Served with Teardrop

Tomatoes and Arugula

Chilled Thai Coconut Soup

Lemongrass, ginger and cilantro

Cream of Wild Forest

Mushroom Soup

Mushroom Truffle Fricassée

ENTREES

Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli

Marinara and Parmesan Cream Sauce

Day 2

Starters

Tomato Watermelon Salad

Basil, Feta, Sourdough Croutons,

Sherry Vinaigrette

Yellow Corn Soup

Chopped Chives

Chilled Pear and Honey Soup

Mascarpone Cream

ENTREES

Stuffed Portobello Mushroom

Spinach-Goat Cheese, Roasted Red Pepper

Coulis, Basil Pesto and Fried Onion

Day 3

Starters

Garden Fresh Salad

Mixed Lettuce, Seasonal Vegetables,

Cucumber, Tomatoes

Chickpea-Tomato Soup

Spinach and Lemon Pepper

ENTREES

Fried Masala Potatoes

Spices, Yogurt, Cilantro, Chili Pepper

Served with Raita

Day 4

Starters

Caprese

Vine Ripe Tomatoes, Buffalo Mozzarella,

Basil, Arugula, Extra Virgin Olive Oil,

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Grilled Asparagus Salad

Toasted Almonds, Pistachios, Goat Cheese,

Lemon Basil Emulsion

Creamy Butternut Squash

Soup

Caramelized Apple and Walnuts

ENTREES

Toasted Israeli Couscous Cake

Asparagus Spears, Cherry Tomatoes,

Zucchini Ribbons, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Day 5

Starters

Chicory Apple Pear Salad

Cider Vinaigrette

Boston Lettuce and

Gorgonzola Salad

Gorgonzola Cheese, Red Grapes, Toasted

Herb Croutons, Walnut Dressing

Tomato Watermelon Gazpacho

Bell Pepper, Cucumber, Basil, Crouton,

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Cream of Broccoli

Cheddar Cheese Crostini

ENTREES

Vegetable Korma

Spiced Seasonal Vegetables, Ground

Almonds, Coconut Milk; Roti

Penne Primavera

Seasonal Vegetables, Basil Pesto, Olive

Oil, Roasted Garlic, Parmesan Cheese

Day 6

Starters

Kale Salad

Roasted Squash, Dried Cherries,

Caramelized Pecans, Lemon Vinaigrette

Creamy Smoked Tomato Bisque

Basil Pesto and Herbed Croutons

Double Baked Blue

Cheese Soufflé

Parmesan Coulis and Red Onion

Marmalade

ENTREES

Creamy Wild Mushroom

Risotto

Black Truffle and Parmesan

Day 7

Starters

Eggplant Caviar

Roasted Red Pepper, Za'atar, Olive, Garlic,

Crostini

Chop Chop Composed Salad

Celery, Carrots, Romaine Lettuce,

Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette

Spinach Turnover

Ricotta & Spinach Stuffed Puff Pastry

Creamy Emmental Cheese Sauce, Black

Olives, Italian Parsley

Tuscan Vegetable Minestrone

Fresh Basil Chiffonade

ENTREES

Homemade Gnocchi ai

Quattro Formaggi

Creamy Four Cheese Sauce, Italian Parsley

Day 8

Starters

Mesclun Greens

Goat Cheese and Dried Cranberries

Parmesan Crouton

Poached Anjou Pear &

Gorgonzola Cheese

Baked in Phyllo Pastry and Port Wine

Reduction

ENTREES

Pappardelle con Funghi

Wide Ribbon Noodles, Wild Mushroom

Ragoût; Basil, Goat Cheese

Day 9

Starters

Squash Soup

Sautéed Apples, Anise, Cloves,

Candied Pumpkin Seeds

Creamy Celery Root Soup

Caramelized Apples and Chives

Warm Goat Cheese

Croustillant

Red & Yellow Sweet Bell Pepper Salad

ENTREES

Creamy Corn Farrotto

Succotash, Basil, Parmesan

Day 10

Starters

Mâche Salad

Sliced Strawberries and Blue Cheese

Panzanella Salad

Teardrop Tomatoes, Foccacia Croutons,

Basil, Fresh Mozzarella, Olives,

Cucumbers

ENTREES

Vegetable Wellington

Stuffed with Spinach, Feta Cheese,

Roasted Peppers and Mushrooms; Served

with Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce

Day 11

Starters

Greek Salad

Cucumber, Tomatoes, Feta Cheese

Mixed Greens and

Red Pepper Salad

Red Radishes

Whole Wheat Orecchiette

Arugula Walnut Pesto, Artichokes,

Asparagus, Tomato Confit, Parmesan

Silky Smooth Strawberry Soup

Lemon Zest Cream

Sun-Dried Tomato Aïoli

ENTREES

Vegetable Biryani –

Basmati Rice

Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Turmeric;

Served with Naan Bread & Yogurt Sauce

Day 12

Starters

Chicory Apple Pear Salad

Cider Vinaigrette

Wild Mushroom-Barley Soup

Mixed Vegetables

Creamy Spinach and

Artichoke Dip

Parmesan Pita Chips

ENTREES

Tikka Masala Tofu

Spinach, Green Lentils, Okra, Red Pepper;

Served with Paratha

Day 13

Starters

Seasonal Mixed Lettuce

With Cucumbers, Chopped Hard Boiled

Eggs and Scallions

Tomato Watermelon Salad

Basil, Feta, Sourdough Croutons, Sherry

Vinaigrette

Wild Mushroom Vol-au-Vent

Ragoût of Wild Mushrooms & Thyme

Truffle Cream Sauce

ENTREES

Pappardelle Primavera

Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes, Broccoli

Florets, Zucchini, Basil Pesto

Mediterranean Phyllo Tart

Artichokes, Vegetable “à la Grecque”,

Red Pepper Coulis

And Day 14

Starters

Baby Mizuna

Shaved Apples and Julienne Fennel

Traditional Leek and

Potato Vichyssoise

Savory Cream

ENTREES

Whole Wheat Spaghetti

Pomodoro

Yellow & Green Squash, Garlic,

Parmesan, Basil

Golden Baked French Pot Pie

Grilled Tomatoes, Champignons de Paris,

Creamy Tarragon Velouté"

Bon Voyage

This is awesome... except... as in most places many people dont understand that not all cheese is vegitarian. Parmesean is almost never especially if imported. Niether is Blue Cheese. Others are hit and miss. Goat is almost always not unless from a small cheese farm that chooses microbial rennent vs animal rennent.

Looks like we will have to modify the Vegetarian Menu to make it vegetarian...lol But at least it is a start.