Addicted???

Aubreysmom09

Just got off a Christmas cruise, and already booked one for August for 8 nights on the Sunshine :D:cool: It was a really good deal and I've never been to any of the ports. It will be our third cruise in 14 months, and our longest one. What's your favorite thing about the Sunshine?

Hi. My name is Tom and I’m a cruise addict. Welcome to the first session of Cruise Addicts Anonymous. My next cruise is in 11 days and we’re planning another for November.

My family cruised on Sunshine back in 2015. I liked that the ship was unique all to herself...there are no other ships in the super-destiny class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:D Hi my name is Harold and I am an cruise addict. We love the Sunshine. We were on her for a B2B over Thanksgiving and leave this Sunday on a 8 day on the Sunshine. We both think that the Sunshine has some of the best food Carnival has to offer.

We love JiJi's and cucina del Capitano's. Great food for lunch (free) and both great for dinner at only $15, a person. The crew will go over the top to make you happy. The entertainment leave a bit to be desired but there is the Music Magic a great couple, and a small band in the Ocean Plaza that puts on a great show. As for the play list shows we don't enjoy them at all. If you enjoy the pool area you will find it a bit crowded mainly because there is only one pool. The Serenity deck how ever is one of the best on Carnival. The ship is very clean but is showing it's age, but then so am I' Hope you enjoy the Sunshine as much as we do. We will have to go cold turkey until April when we cruise again on the Sunshine. I really need to kick this habit.;p

The 5 Stages of Cruise Addiction

1. First Use – Experimentation with a cruise. Whether the first use is out of a sense of adventure or peer pressure, they learn how the cruise makes them feel at this point.

2. Continued Use – Continued use of cruising, in the case of a person with lots of vacation time, might be out of a requirement or feeling the need to use the time for cruising. For an individual that experimented not too long ago and returned to a cruise, it’s clearer that they like how the cruise makes them feel.

Also, in the continued use stage, a person is likely to notice that they’re not bouncing back as quickly after getting a “cruise high.” This is because it’s taking the brain longer to chemically repair itself and return to normal balance.

3. Tolerance – Tolerance arrives after a period of continued cruising, the duration of which varies among individuals and whatever cruise lines they're using. This is one of the first warning signs of addiction.

Tolerance means the brain and body have adjusted to cruising and it now takes a greater amount of sea days to feel the effects of it. A person that’s developed a tolerance to a cruise might start to notice that the same number of sea days no longer takes care of their needs.

4. Dependence – Dependence is the stage where a cruiser will become physically ill without being on the ship, perhaps even developing serious withdrawal symptoms. There are several biological elements in play here.

Chemically, the brain has become accustomed to cruising that it doesn’t function well without it. This also presents physically, sending a person into withdrawal where they can experience flu-like symptoms unless surrounded by water, as in a bathtub. These symptoms often disappear when they’re able to get a glimpse of ship on the internet.

5. Addiction – With the last stage, addiction, individuals find it nearly impossible to stop cruising, even when they no longer enjoy it or their behavior has caused serious life problems. They might last for periods of time where they don’t cruise, but are unable to stop themselves just when things seemed to be going well.

All of your replies are great!! I did just look at the room I put on hold, and decided it wasn't a good choice, but I have found another one that I like. My husband and I went on the Valor, and then over Christmas we took our daughter on the Elation. She really loved it, so here we are booking another for August. My husband also wants to cruise again during Christmas.

We are so addicted. Took our first cruise in February 2016, and will be on our 5th at the end of this month, with a Mediterranean Horizon trip booked in April...and we just booked our 1st NCL cruise for September...

Joining the group....Just finished Vista cruise over Thanksgiving and out again on Magic Easter week!! Seems like a routine I skip a couple years and cram 2-3 cruises into a 6-9 month period...lol

I really wanted to go during Spring Break, but lack of money got in the way :')

Hi! My name is Jodi and I am a cruise sddict.

I've been on over 80 cruises since 2001 and now that I have no job and no pets, I have become a snowbird, but choose to do it on a cruise ship because it's more affordable than renting a place in Florida.

I'm leaving soon for an 8-week cruise on The Freedom and I have a total of 19 future booked cruises, I think. I may have missed a booking or two.

Can I please join your club?

A couple years ago I thought people were crazy booking multiple cruises years in advance. Booked my first one two weeks in advance and the next three no more than 3 months in advance. Last year I started stretching it to 6 months. Now I have three booked in the next 14 months and I was looking at 2020 cruises last night. :o

What's your favorite thing about the Sunshine?

As I said on another thread:

We were in 7277 both Sunshine cruises and loved it. The nearby aft elevators let out near the entrance to the MDR, near the Ocean Plaza where we listened to music most nights, the Lido with the Havana bar behind it and the pool in front of it.

We often ate our lunch (no matter where we got it) in the Havana bar where there are lots of tables - most times we got one at a window. Guy's, the Deli and the Italian place were our lunch favs.

We loved the Sunshine. Good staff. Lots of choices for lunch. Beautiful Serenity decks.

For me being addicted to cruising is as much about time with no household responsibilities as anything else. I don't have to cook, clean or wait on DH (ship staff and room service do that) who has mobility issues. For one week it's all about me :D:D

Hi! My name is Jodi and I am a cruise sddict.

I've been on over 80 cruises since 2001 and now that I have no job and no pets, I have become a snowbird, but choose to do it on a cruise ship because it's more affordable than renting a place in Florida.

I'm leaving soon for an 8-week cruise on The Freedom and I have a total of 19 future booked cruises, I think. I may have missed a booking or two.

Can I please join your club?

I'm so jealous. I want to be you when i'm retired :) My husband and I were just talking about if people lived on the ship. I bet you have met so many wonderful people cruisers and staff.

Hello, my name is Don am I’m addicted ....

Our COO kept telling me how he and his wife loved cruising and how we needed to go with them sometime. I kept putting him off and really didn’t have any interest.

One afternoon while I was on a conference call, he came into my office, took my AMEX card and booked the four of us on a short cruise out of Galveston. That was it .... we were hooked !!

That was about 10 years ago, and now we are Platinum on NCL, Diamond Plus on Royal, and just a few points from Zenith on Celebrity. Yep, we’re addicted ! We even seriously considered a suite on The World. If we didn’t have grandkids, we would have bought one.

We just got of Silhouette last weekend, and boarding Eclipse this weekend. With 12 cruises booked at this time, we are probably going to go ahead and book a few more for 2020 next week while on board.

See you onboard !!

Hi: our names are Bob and Diane and we are definitely cruise addicts. We married 4 1/2 years ago and have been on 14 cruises already and 9 more booked through January of 2019. Our next one is this Sunday on the Splendor.

Hi I’m Rusty and along with my wife and son we are all addicts. It took a few years to kick in. We took our first few in the late 90’s but not till the last few years did we become really addicted. Now after a few Disney and Royal Caribbean and about 20 carnival we have to have at least 2 on the books to satisfy our sickness. We actually have 5 booked thru 2019 now and we still find ourselves pricing future ones out. If only we had unlimited funds and time off. We love the sunshine for being a mid size ship with so many upgrades. She is actually a future September cruise that will be our third sailing on her. Book early and use early saver and watch for any price drops.

We are now looking at one for next Christmas and Summer of 2019. My husband said it was the best Christmas ever, so he wants to cruise Christmas every year :') I was like I just booked one yesterday. I really think this is going to be an issue. I'm not sure who is worth myself or Anthony. Only thing that saves us a bit is that our daughter is in figure skating and we have training, and competitions :')

Just got off a Christmas cruise, and already booked one for August for 8 nights on the Sunshine :D:cool: It was a really good deal and I've never been to any of the ports. It will be our third cruise in 14 months, and our longest one. What's your favorite thing about the Sunshine?

Welcome to the addiction.

One sure way to know if you are a Cruise Addict is when ever you meet some one you know, their greeting is "How many days?" That's because you always talk about cruising.

I now have 20 cruises completed and all with Carnival. ........................ You mean their are other Cruise lines? Once you are VIP with Carnival (and that takes awhile), you are hooked but in a nice way.

Then when you add a couple of years serving on a US Navy Cruiser (USS BOSTON), I find that if you add my days at sea in the Navy with the days I cruised with Carnival, I have spent about 2 complete years of my life living on a sea vessel. When I was a kid (79 years ago), I would read about explorers who actually spent 2 or 3 years on a vessel exploring the world and I was astounded that any one could spend that much time at sea. Didn't seem possible. Now I find I am one of those people although they get all the credit and I don't. Oh well, just one of the small hurts. In 2 weeks I will be cruising with Carnival again and I am one excited fellow. So see, not only do I always talk about cruising, I even write about it.

Hi I am a cruise addict as are my 3 girls. It has hit the teen especially hard. She has been cruising since she was 10 months old and thinks she NEEDS 2 cruises a year.

The OP asked about the Sunshine...my favorite thing is that it was the ship where I had my first Mother-Daughter cruise. Back then, it was the Destiny and we flew to San Juan from BWI (1st flight after the airport reopened after 9-11). That was a time of many memories along with family (2 cousins) loss. The trip had been planned for months and we did not allow the terrorist to make us fear travel. The crew was wonderful beyond words (we were told more than 1/3 went home to be with their families). The ship was about 1/2 emptied. We were upgraded and enjoyed the southern Caribbean itinerary. The Destiny has changed a lot since then. We were on here again in '15 and have another cruise planned for next year on her. I don't know how she does it but even with all the change overs she has one of the most friendly crews I have ever experienced.