Navigator of the seas drydock

2 hours ago, mommao729 said:

I asked if the navigator was getting the freestyle coke machines and they told me no. I wish they would’ve put a sorrento’s on there instead of a blow dry bar. 

But still very excited to see the new upgrades. 

How do these refreshment packages work on ships that don’t have the freestyle machines? Do you still get the souvenir cup? I purchased for my sailing, thanks

2 minutes ago, Cruiseenthusiast101 said:

How do these refreshment packages work on ships that don’t have the freestyle machines? Do you still get the souvenir cup? I purchased for my sailing, thanks

You still get the cup.  You can take it with you to any bar.  In the MDR they will just bring you a glass of soda.

5 hours ago, mommao729 said:

I asked if the navigator was getting the freestyle coke machines and they told me no. I wish they would’ve put a sorrento’s on there instead of a blow dry bar. 

But still very excited to see the new upgrades. 

Oh boo! I was hoping they would. 😩

We took advantage of the Kids Sail free and got a guaranteed room on the April 12th sailing (Ends on Easter Sunday). and we'll have a 4 year old with us 

Two things, first, do they do anything special for easter (Egg hunts the day before, etc?)  

But I'm more concerned with the new Adventure Ocean, the blurbs about it are new style of "Open Free Play". 

We've done a RC Cruise before where they were split into the age groups, but the refurb doesn't seem like they will have the room for it.   It looks like the new Adventure ocean takes over the old space of Johnny Rockets, since they are moving the fitness center to the old AO location, so basically shrinking the size of Adventure Ocean.    The old fitness center (by the Solarium) is now just new cabins.   I'm a bit unsure of how this will work, and it will be hard to tell since this seems like a first for Royal.  

But anyone who goes to the earlier sailings before April 12th, information on how this new kids area is actually set up would be and works appreciated.

Edited by atricks

11 hours ago, mommao729 said:

The fun researcher that is good to know. Thank you

It can be a good thing or bad depending on your preferences.  It is nice having a "one-stop-shop" in the Royal Promenade, so it's convenient not having to walk from one end of the promenade for pizza, and then all the way to the other end for sandwiches.

However, it is one venue, so the seating isn't as spread out.

We like both options on the Freedom Class and the Voyager class.

Dan

It’s been a long time since I have been on the voyager class. My first royal Caribbean cruise was on voyager of the seas in 2004.  Then explorer. 

I have been on the freedom twice with another cruise on her next April from San Juan.

i have done oasis twice and the harmony once. Have symphony booked for September. 

I am am very excited to be going on navigator especially with the upgrades. 

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It can be a good thing or bad depending on your preferences.  It is nice having a "one-stop-shop" in the Royal Promenade, so it's convenient not having to walk from one end of the promenade for pizza, and then all the way to the other end for sandwiches.

However, it is one venue, so the seating isn't as spread out.

We like both options on the Freedom Class and the Voyager class.

Dan

I agree with you, it is nice having a one-stop-shop but at the same time, at least from my experience on Explorer, the pizza was 100x worse than it is on ships with a dedicated Sorrentos. I mean Explorer's pizza was barely edible imo. I would actually be included to spend a little more and buy food for a nominal fee across at the new Playmakers...depending on how late they serve too...which I wouldn't be surprised if they stop before midnight, because typical Royal.

16 minutes ago, cot427 said:

Playmakers...depending on how late they serve too...which I wouldn't be surprised if they stop before midnight, because typical Royal.

Agreed, one of my pet peeves with Royal...  lack of late night food options.  I'm definitely planning to make use of what Playmakers offers.  I love that they have wings and other typical pub options.  I just hope they serve food until closing, or close to it.  We'll see.

Dan

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Agreed, one of my pet peeves with Royal...  lack of late night food options.  I'm definitely planning to make use of what Playmakers offers.  I love that they have wings and other typical pub options.  I just hope they serve food until closing, or close to it.  We'll see.

Dan

Just looked at a Mariner compass from July 2018 and Playmakers and Bamboo Room stopped serving snacks at midnight, but the Windjammer was open for “late night snacks” until 12:30...lol. So there’s that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cot427 said:

Just looked at a Mariner compass from July 2018 and Playmakers and Bamboo Room stopped serving snacks at midnight, but the Windjammer was open for “late night snacks” until 12:30...lol. So there’s that. 

I was just about to reply with this! 

I also read somewhere (i cant remember where) that they would be serving "late night food" at the Lime and Coconut. I don't know how that would happen unless a burger station was set up on the deck. Makes sense if they are using it for late night deck parties that there is food readily available 

31 minutes ago, Glitterati said:

I also read somewhere (i cant remember where) that they would be serving "late night food" at the Lime and Coconut. I don't know how that would happen unless a burger station was set up on the deck. Makes sense if they are using it for late night deck parties that there is food readily available 

I SO SO SO hope that they really utilize The Lime and Coconut. One of my major pet peeves on Anthem was there were no outside deck parties and every single outdoor bar closed early. Granted, Music Hall was a suitable late night venue, but on the Voyager/Freedom class, the Crown isn't that large of an area, so hoping they have a dj or music outside at night with the new Lime and Coconut. And you're right, would be great if the taco place or JR opened late too...forgot about those! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cot427 said:

2 hours ago, Glitterati said:

Thanks both.  ANYTHING has to be better than how it's been the last 5-10 years.  12am for Playmakers is an improvement, and I'll have to keep an eye out for late night snacks in the Windjammer!  Late night pool deck stuff would be fun if they are having one of the parties up there!

Will find out in a little over a month!

Dan