New Night Room Service Fee

sunonfire

Carnival Cruise Ambassador John Heald posted:

From 10pm to 6am we will no longer offer complimentary room service. An expanded offering of fee-based food items will be available ranging from salads and sandwiches to specialty items and include new options such as Greek Salad; Chicken Caesar Salad; Portabella & Veggie Bun; Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Sandwich; and Roast Turkey Wrap; as well as a selection of new desserts including Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies; Doughnut Sandwich; and Banana Split. Prices for menu items will range from $2 to $6.

Also, on debarkation morning, we will no longer offer room service. You will continue to have the option of enjoying breakfast at the Lido deck restaurant, at Ocean Plaza (on those ships that have one) and in the dining room.

I can understand why they are implementing this policy but I wish they would find a way to regulate room service as opposed to actually charging. For example, during the hours of 10PM to 6AM, perhaps set a limit that each person can only order one or two items or something along those lines. However disappointing, the fees won't stop me from ordering room service as I ordered a lot of items with fees anyways.

10pm -6am doesn't bother me.... We are always out till well after midnight and will swing by Lido buffet if we want a snack before going to room. Will miss no room service on disembark days. Sorta been a tradition to enjoy our last morning on our balcony before heading down to leave the ship. Not a deal breaker either way

Another cut back from Carnival and yet the prices keep going but rest assured that John will post that it's a brilliant idea and everyone loves it.

So true, but the poor man is an employee after all. I would hate to be held to task for all the stuff my company makes me deliver and do as they have never asked my opinion.

Another cut back from Carnival and yet the prices keep going but rest assured that John will post that it's a brilliant idea and everyone loves it.

LMAO...... Very true and he get a raise and bonus at the same time!!! Cut out the ridiculous over head and bring back the things your customers love!!!

Ever company have these talkers (nerds) on a high salary which makes the people pay more!!!

And Carnival doesn't nickel and dime?? HAHAHAAAA!!! Jimbo, Rino, and Meatloaf eat your words!!! Got to love more cutbacks!! Bring your own tablecloth, rabbit ears and now lunchables. Can't blame people for orders before 10pm for late night snacks, might do that myself. The cutbacks don't stop but I bet it's Brilliant!!!

Edited by skiingj

Take a look at the competition and do a Price comparison by cruise fare, extras, beverages, room service, etc.... Carnival still best bargain. It amazes me how everyone whines at such a minor issue that impacts very few cruise passengers

Another cut back from Carnival and yet the prices keep going...

I recently booked a Carnival cruise for $191 per person. That’s probably the cheapest price I’ve ever paid.

At those prices, the big question should be how could Carnival charge these prices and still include complimentary room service 24 hours a day? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And Carnival doesn't nickel and dime?? HAHAHAAAA!!! Jimbo, Rino, and Meatloaf eat your words!!! Got to love more cutbacks!! Bring your own tablecloth, rabbit ears and now lunchables. Can't blame people for orders before 10pm for late night snacks, might do that myself. The cutbacks don't stop but I bet it's Brilliant!!!

Lol. I have a feeling in ten years, people on the mass market cruise lines' message boards will be saying, "Just be thankful they still get us from Point A to Point B safely!!!"

There are the Carnival fans, including me, that understand and the Carnival BASHERS that are here trying to not have constructive debate, but rather create drama. If you really are that much of a hater of Carnival, stay off the boards.

Changes happen on every line, why is such a big deal for Carnival to do it but no other line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take a look at the competition and do a Price comparison by cruise fare, extras, beverages, room service, etc.... Carnival still best bargain. It amazes me how everyone whines at such a minor issue that impacts very few cruise passengers

Didn't you know? "CCL" now stands for "Crybaby Cruise Lines".

Off a B2B on the Magic in Dec. and room service was still mostly free, they had a upcharge menu we never ordered from, but there were still items you could get for free!

I think most people are upset that after 10:00 pm everything cost. I had thought it was a delivery charge like Royal but every item costs .

People could order the cold sandwiches right before 10:00 and keep them covered to eat later