Crown Princess Suite Perks?

bzv143

We have not been on a Princess ship for quite a few years now, and have booked a 5 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale this February in an S4 suite. What can we expect, esp. for any suite perks?

Also, we love the Neptune Lounge (for suite guests) on HAL. Does Crown have a correlative?

Thanks for any info. Kind of flying by the seat of our pants here.... :D

We have not been on a Princess ship for quite a few years now, and have booked a 5 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale this February in an S4 suite. What can we expect, esp. for any suite perks?

Also, we love the Neptune Lounge (for suite guests) on HAL. Does Crown have a correlative?

Thanks for any info. Kind of flying by the seat of our pants here.... :D

Only the Regal, Royal, Majestic have a "Concierge" lounge for suite guests.

Lots of suite perks: early boarding, first night dinner in a specialty restaurant, nicer bathroom goodies, in room dining from the MDR menu, etc.

If you do a search on Princess' website, there's a list.

"Suite"! Thanks. ;)

(1) Is there a special lounge with coffees, drinks, canapes on Crown?

(2) We signed on for Late Seating. Should we change to Anytime since there appears to be a separate entrance, blah blah blah?

(2). Yes, you should unless you are traveling with people ( and wish to dine together) that do not have Club Dining. The Club Dining is a dedicated section of the with it’s own staff. There are some selections that are unique to Club Dining. The Club Dining is Anytime Dining.

Enjoy

Edited by jagoffee

Only the Regal, Royal, Majestic have a "Concierge" lounge for suite guests.

Lots of suite perks: early boarding, first night dinner in a specialty restaurant, nicer bathroom goodies, in room dining from the MDR menu, etc.

If you do a search on Princess' website, there's a list.

First night dinner in a specialty restaurant is only for cruises of six nightts or more, so OP would not receive this perk.

(2). Yes, you should unless you are traveling with people ( and wish to dine together) that do not have Club Dining. The Club Dining is a dedicated section of the with it’s own staff. There are some selections that are unique to Club Dining. The Club Dining is Anytime Dining.

Enjoy

Club Class Dining (included with all full suites and with Club Class mini-suites) has all of the advantages of traditional dining without the limitations. You will be able to eat in the special Club Class section without waiting, and you will be served by the same head waiter and by a small group of waiters. I have found the service to be excellent.

I have found only two disadvantages to Club Class Dining:

• If you are traveling with anyone not in a suite or Club Class, they cannot join you. In that case, you may be better with traditional dining.
  • If you like to share with other people, that is often not possible in Club Class. They will offer a sharing table, but often no one else will be requesting to share at the same time. When DW did not want to go to the dining room one evening, I ate in the main anytime dining room instead of in Club Class so I wouldn't be at a table by myself.

You can eat in Club Class Dining every evening, at lunch on sea days only, and every morning for breakfast. However, most suite passengers prefer the suite-only specialty dining room (Sabatini's or Crown Grill) for breakfast - you will have your choice of either one. The suite-only specialty dining room breakfast is not available on disembarkation morning, so you would probably want to eat in Club Class that morning.

I thought the suite flyer last year had free bottled water, don't see it anymore. Anyone know what's up with that?

There was a thread about this a little bit ago. Seems it is now hit or miss, depending on the ship. I am also sailing in a suite in Feb. so I am going to try for it to take ashore.

There was a thread about this a little bit ago. Seems it is now hit or miss, depending on the ship. I am also sailing in a suite in Feb. so I am going to try for it to take ashore.

Thanks, I didn't know until read here on CC and then looked. We never got it delivered to our suite, we do an aft, but on my way to Sanctuary and back and forth through the day, a lot of suite people in the middle area were asking stewards to put more water in their cabin, a lot of them. Especially now that I really don't want to buy anything to drink on the islands with the storms.

Thanks, I didn't know until read here on CC and then looked. We never got it delivered to our suite, we do an aft, but on my way to Sanctuary and back and forth through the day, a lot of suite people in the middle area were asking stewards to put more water in their cabin, a lot of them. Especially now that I really don't want to buy anything to drink on the islands with the storms.

That's good to know, thanks. I remember to on that thread they talked about how the PDF doesn't say it's a perk but the book in the suite says it does. We will see. No biggie if I don't get it but would be convenient.

did you examine your account to see if you were charged for those waters?

Thanks for this post....never looked before only ASSumed. Not a good thing.

Originally suites had ALL the benefits of mini suites. Now changed. Prices of suite have gone way up with no additional benefits. Not happy, just saying, yes, could not book suite. We are no rich but save EVERYTHING all year long and do nothing to afford it. Just sad they are taking away things, as I am sure many do as we do.

• 7 months later...

Just upgraded to a suite on the Crown. Very Excited!

I was reading that you get to use the thermal area in the Lotus Spa, do you also have access to the Sanctuary?

First Night Free specialty dinning - I tried to make a resie online and it wanted me to pay $29 PP - do you make the resie once onboard? Or ask my TA to do it?

And love the idea of ordering full MDR in the suite as we have 9 sea days on our cruise.

I was reading that you get to use the thermal area in the Lotus Spa, do you also have access to the Sanctuary?

First Night Free specialty dinning - I tried to make a resie online and it wanted me to pay $29 PP - do you make the resie once onboard? Or ask my TA to do it?

And love the idea of ordering full MDR in the suite as we have 9 sea days on our cruise.

The Thermal Suite is part of the Lotus Spa (I do enjoy it) The Sanctuary is another entity on the ship booked and managed completely separate from the Lotus Spa. Advance bookings for the Sanctuary are required on a warm cruise and they book up quick (IOW run don't walk right up there upon boarding if interested) I don't know how warm our cruise will be, maybe the first few days ?????

I have an idea that your first night specialty dining may be pre-reserved for you and you will have a card in your cabin. If not or you want to change it contact the DINE LINE to request what you want.

So happy for you :)

The Thermal Suite is part of the Lotus Spa (I do enjoy it) The Sanctuary is another entity on the ship booked and managed completely separate from the Lotus Spa. Advance bookings for the Sanctuary are required on a warm cruise and they book up quick (IOW run don't walk right up there upon boarding if interested) I don't know how warm our cruise will be, maybe the first few days ?????

I have an idea that your first night specialty dining may be pre-reserved for you and you will have a card in your cabin. If not or you want to change it contact the DINE LINE to request what you want.

So happy for you :)

Thanks Holly, I have been searching and reading the boards since I posted this....

No. It would be the same fee as everyone else pays.

The last 2 cruises we did not get any free water in our suite.