What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

On Anthem the first year out of the UK we came across 'that sort' of family you try and avoid.

We experienced the 18 -19 year old son on the first day walking around bare chested inside the ship arguing with staff about everything.

Day 3 of a 14 night cruise at a disco night in 270, whilst absolutely drunk, he decides to start smashing up the plant pots.

It was a Captains 'goodbye' the next morning in port.

Barmey behaviour

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On one of our cruises, we were in the MDR at a table of eight. There were two guys traveling together, two women traveling together, another couple and us, husband and wife. Somebody bought shots for the whole table.... and then another round. Well, that obviously warmed everybody up because by the end of the evening, the female singles were French kissing the male singles.....at the table!! To make matters worse, our table was down front and center next to the Captains table! The whole thing made the other four of us very uncomfortable and we asked to have our table changed the next night. That was the only time we have ever had a bad experience with traditional seating.

On one MJ cruise, we were patiently waiting in line with many others as the doors opened to the dining room for breakfast.

One couple with fake homemade Pinnacle badges, blew past everyone to get to the front of the line to be seated first. We noticed them all during the cruise in the D and up section at breakfast as being quite rude to the staff in there also. Very shameful. :mad:

I don't know if people find this rude or not and I suppose some people think it's OK otherwise I wouldn't have seen it happen. On one cruise, an entire family came into the Windjammer in their pajamas and slippers. I didn't think it was appropriate but perhaps I'm old school.

Not aboard ship, but I once was in a restaurant where a person was talking on her cell phone over the speakerphone. Small restaurant and the entire restaurant was annoyed. She was oblivious to her rudeness.

On one MJ cruise, we were patiently waiting in line with many others as the doors opened to the dining room for breakfast.

One couple with fake homemade Pinnacle badges, blew past everyone to get to the front of the line to be seated first. We noticed them all during the cruise in the D and up section at breakfast as being quite rude to the staff in there also. Very shameful. :mad:

I’ve heard some D+ have also used the Suite/Pinnacle podium to gain Priority access to the MDR as well. Which is worse?

The people who ride those scooters who feel the need to practically run over bystanders and try to speed their way onto an elevator before the doors close. Sorry man, we do not have room for your rude, cavalier expectancies.

Having first time experience recently in a wheel chair after breaking my foot on Brilliance a few weeks ago, I can tell you how rude many passengers can be when they rush in front of me while I am sitting waiting for the elevator. I did not have a choice, unlike some others did, to use the stairs as I usually do. I miss using the stairs, and will continue to do so when I can walk again to leave room for those that are not able do so.

I once had to pass up eight elevator doors that opened due to not being able to get on board with them all being too full. Try walking (rolling) in another's situation sometime. You may feel differently.

The people with the giant stroller, with no child in the stroller, and who would try to push through lines and down narrow walkways using the stroller as a battering ram.

This is genius! I need to run out and buy a stroller for upcoming cruise!!!! This thread is a gold mine of helpful hints!

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

Having first time experience recently in a wheel chair after breaking my foot on Brilliance a few weeks ago, I can tell you how rude many passengers can be when they rush in front of me while I am sitting waiting for the elevator. I did not have a choice, unlike some others did, to use the stairs as I usually do. I miss using the stairs, and will continue to do so when I can walk again to leave room for those that are not able do so.

I once had to pass up eight elevator doors that opened due to not being able to get on board with them all being too full. Try walking (rolling) in another's situation sometime. You may feel differently.

We brought Paulines mam on 6 cruises,the last one 5 years ago for her 90th birthday and pushed her everywhere in her wheelchair so i can empathize with you.

How is your foot now? have you still got the boot on?.

The hotel manager told us on Harmony that D+ are welcome to use that podium.

That's interesting. Similar situation on on Oasis it seems. We were on Oasis last month and they cordoned off sections for the Aqua show and also for the theater with signs saying Pinnacles and Suites Guests only. No mention of Diamond +. The person "guarding" the section told us that it also included Diamond Plus. I think the lack of communication on RCL's part (the signs), could cause some animosity such as people thinking D+ people are violating policy.

I've seen a couple of rude things... but maybe the most often it is the chair hog situation. I just hate it when people put their towels out to hold a chair, and they are gone for hours! On my last cruise, I was finally brave enough to move a towel that was left on a chair for over an hour, so my DH could sit next to me (and the chair hogs never showed up over the next hour). On my next cruises, I may end up seeing if employees will move the chair hogs towels... and if they don't, I'll just take care of it myself...

That's interesting. Similar situation on on Oasis it seems. We were on Oasis last month and they cordoned off sections for the Aqua show and also for the theater with signs saying Pinnacles and Suites Guests only. No mention of Diamond +. The person "guarding" the section told us that it also included Diamond Plus. I think the lack of communication on RCL's part (the signs), could cause some animosity such as people thinking D+ people are violating policy.

According to C&A Benefits....

Shows are different than MDR. There is no priority seating in MDR for Diamonds or D+. There is a Priority waitlist for MDR for Diamond and above.

C&A still lists Priority seating for D+ and above on certain ships for Theater, ice shows. I have only seen the reserved for Suite Guests and Pinnacle signs. Doesn’t mean D+ can’t get a reserved show seat.

Slightly off topic, but what's up with dual citizenship? I'm kind of surprised that's allowed. What are the advantages

Some countries permit it - some don't. Mine did a few years ago (Denmark).

If you feel that your citizenship is your country of heart - like having parents: You can only have one set - then it doesn't make sense.

If you feel at home in both countries and feel that border are just artificial lines on a map, it could make sense.

My daughter has been living in the UK the last seven years (she's 25). She doesn't speak proper Danish anymore. She probably doesn't speak a full English either (names of flowers, fish, plants, herbs, etc). She's just as much home here in Denmark as in Croydon where she lives. To her, home is where here people are.

She might go for double citizenship one day.

That way she can be sure to have permission to stay. And it will be easier to get a passport. She's never in Denmark long enough to get a new one. And her life as a pensioner might be easier. If she stays out of Denmark for too long she's not entitled to a full state pension.

OTOH: Culturally she's still large part Danish and would probably feel sorry not to be a Dane legally.

ETA: I should have read the full thread before I replied...Oh well...

Why? I'm not sure why anyone would care one bit about someone having dual citizenship. How does that effect you at all?

Seems to read about it being done for tax avoidance. Like I said I don't understand why it is allowed. It just seems to me that when you want to become a US citizen you should surrender your previous citizenship. Kind of like your DL in the states.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think it is not entirely true.

Dual citizenship means that countries you have citizenships recognize both of your citizenships , not just allow to have both.

US doesn't do this. When you are in US , US treats you as if you had only US citizenship and only US laws apply to you.

I also have two citizenships. US and Ukraine.

There are countries that don't allow to have both. For example Germany. If you want to have German citizenship you must stop all others. Also if you are a German citizen and get another citizenship you automatically lose German citizenship.

That makes sense to me. Citizenship comes with certain privledges. Those privileges are often paid for with taxes.

As a Dual UK US citizen I can live and work anywhere is the US or Europe, and entering a country using that countries passport is a lot quicker and easier

To me that seems like you have two identities. Maybe I'm watching to many Jason Bourne movies. 😱

According to C&A Benefits....

Shows are different than MDR. There is no priority seating in MDR for Diamonds or D+. There is a Priority waitlist for MDR for Diamond and above.

C&A still lists Priority seating for D+ and above on certain ships for Theater, ice shows. I have only seen the reserved for Suite Guests and Pinnacle signs. Doesn’t mean D+ can’t get a reserved show seat.

I've seen D+ listed on those signs.

I've seen D+ listed on those signs.

And you get back and forth between more ships and cruises than I do. Lol. Actually, never knew there was even a Suite/Pinnacle podium outside the MDR. We seldom eat in MDR. We will on Lobster night if not on Oasis Class.

We have always taken a regular seat in the theater, not a reserved seat.

And you get back and forth between more ships and cruises than I do. Lol. Actually, never knew there was even a Suite/Pinnacle podium outside the MDR. We seldom eat in MDR. We will on Lobster night if not on Oasis Class.

We have always taken a regular seat in the theater, not a reserved seat.

Except for Star Class, the reserved seats aren't always the best