What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

When you are in the theatre listening and watching the performance and people talk amongst their friends during the show is very annoying.

As is people making everybody stand up to allow them to leave a show early, generally because they want good seats for the next show.

When that has happened, I have been known to join the conversation. :D

Classic! I think I need to start doing this. My favorite thing to do to rude cell phone users is; when people are in a public restroom talking on their phone, I flush the toilet. And then I do it again...and again...and again. I want the person on the other end of the phone to know that they are being talked to from a restroom while the other person is "doing their business".

The weirdest thing I've seen on an RC ship was this afternoon on Brilliance. A woman was wearing a leather/vinyl mini-skirt and pasties in Windjammer. Technically she wasn't violating the dress code since it says swimsuits must be covered. It doesn't mention pasties.

I've seen too many instances of obnoxiously rude behavior on cruises to attempt to decide which was worst.

Can someone please tell me what "pasties" are ??!! I haven't a clue!

Okay- I just HAVE to address this. I don't believe the person referring to the "farmer's blow" was in any way attempting to degrade or belittle farmers. As a former firefighter, I very quickly learned what a "farmer's blow" was and why it is sometimes necessary. (For anyone who doesn't need the gross description as to where the name came from and why, you'll want to stop reading now.) When you're working your butt off in cold or wind, often your nose will start to run. You don't have time to stop what your doing to pull out a tissue and daintily blow your nose. You also need to be able to breathe. Therefore, you hold one side of your nose shut while quickly and powerfully blowing out the other. Then, you keep working. This does not imply that farmers are somehow unhygienic or any "less than" anyone else. It implies that they work their tails off. I don't expect they would do this anywhere it wasn't absolutely necessary. But, if you would prefer to call it a "firefighter's blow," I sure won't take offense.

Thanks for that information, but I believe the person said a man " farmer" did this, and did not call it a " farmer's blow". As I said before, my farmer husband thinks this is disgusting and my son is also a firefighter. I could see someone fighting a fire doing this, but that is a time critical often life threatening situation. Planting crops and marketing is not. Yes they work hard but those bandannas hang'in out of their back pockets take care of the problem just fine :D. I would hope that even a firefighter wouldn't do such a thing on a cruise ship. I would think it rude to refer to the man as a firefighter when describing the behavior because the person probably doesn't really know what the person's occupation is, right? Just took exception to anyone assuming that someone must be a farmer if he (or she) engages in such uncouth behavior. Stay safe!

On a Christmas/New Years cruise on the Legend there was a mature gentlemen who every night in the Centrum bar would push past people at the bar, clicking his fingers for the bar staff to serve him immediately. He did this on New Years to give the bar staff a tip, which after speaking with them turned out to be one whole dollar, he must have watched Trading Places shortly before the cruise :)

This was not the worst of it though. Not long after midnight it was noticed that somebody could not wait for the bathroom and had left a present on the packed dance floor, to clarify it was not of the liquid variety. As you can imagine the dance floor cleared quite quickly and a cleaner turned up to clear the mess away and disinfect the floor appropriately. During this the gentleman mentioned above took out his mobile phone and proceeded to video the entire episode. My wife and I plus the bar staff and a few other passengers just looked at each other in bewilderment as to why someone would want to film poo being cleaned up. We all agreed that we were glad we would not see his end of cruise video.

Thanks for that information, but I believe the person said a man " farmer" did this, and did not call it a " farmer's blow". As I said before, my farmer husband thinks this is disgusting and my son is also a firefighter. I could see someone fighting a fire doing this, but that is a time critical often life threatening situation. Planting crops and marketing is not. Yes they work hard but those bandannas hang'in out of their back pockets take care of the problem just fine :D. I would hope that even a firefighter wouldn't do such a thing on a cruise ship. I would think it rude to refer to the man as a firefighter when describing the behavior because the person probably doesn't really know what the person's occupation is, right? Just took exception to anyone assuming that someone must be a farmer if he (or she) engages in such uncouth behavior. Stay safe!

I have seen hundreds of footballers in the UK doing this.

Dual citizenship for us was about making sure we didn’t have to up and leave our entire lives behind if the immigration laws were suddenly changed, or some crazy situation arose that caused us to lose status (it doesn’t take much). But I can’t say we plan to stay in America forever, we are travelers and go wherever the next adventure takes us. Having British citizenship, before Brexit at least, meant that we could go anywhere in Europe without needing to get a visa or work permit, a rule we have made full use of in the past.

No, not convinced... it seems to only bother selective people. Who are focused so much so on others, rather than the people they are with. Says lots about ones self.

Playing devils advocate once again, maybe they feel like my wife does. Loosing so much time due to work, every minute in physical presence of loved ones, even working at the table is still time with family. That’s not being rude.

Now, if he/she was playing candycrush, or watching a show. That would be rude. So lets give that person the benefit of doubt. Speculation is not burden of proof.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree.

I'm curious about what different demographic you refer to here. We are going on our first cruise next month. I figured a 5 day cruise was a better "first time" than a 7 day. We aren't big drinkers and will have our 3 teenage sons with us. What are we in for?

I'm sure you will have a great time. 3 and 5 day cruises appeal to people that are still working because it requires less time off from work. Those people tend to be younger and have children traveling with them. We are older and have found that longer cruises have more retirees and less children. As such, the population is more sedate and less wild. Of course, there are always exceptions.

I consider it rude. Even if it´s happening in your own home, it´s still rude towards your family and not really giving your children a good example, but YMMV obviously on this and I feel very sorry for your kids to be brought up like this.

Doing this in a restaurant is still rude towards the people at your table and even more towards the waiters trying to serve you around your "business". It might be OK at McD´s, but not in a cruise ships dining room...

I don´t care what peoples lifestyle is and if you call this a lifestyle. .

Lots of different lifestyles. I’m on the road 20 days a month, and when I’m home the last thing I want to do is catch up on expense paper work.

So it’s usually a TGI Friday’s at DFW. I see lots of others working there as well. Never thought of it as rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't remember if this was my Explorer or Liberty cruise but it was a Halloween cruise because that is 99% of the time when we cruise. It was between 8-9 pm. My brother, myself and our spouses were on the deck enjoying the night and deciding our evening when two women and a man get in the hot tub right beside us. They were older, I'm not good with ages but the man had all white hair. They proceeded to make out and grope each other as a threesome. By now there was a group of at least 30 people (maybe one of you lol) on deck. Some watching some trying not too. Then all the sudden they decided they wanted to go in the pool. Instead of walking out like you would expect, they all slide out of the hot tub along the ground into the pool (picture a slug crawling) and continued what they started in the pool until security finally came. It was like they had no clue anyone was there.

Lots of different lifestyles. I’m on the road 20 days a month, and when I’m home the last thing I want to do is catch up on expense paper work.

So it’s usually a TGI Friday’s at DFW. I see lots of others working there as well. Never thought of it as rude.

This is pretty much accepted at airports for the reasons you cite. I too have a similar travel schedule. However, I would not use my laptop at a regular restaurant, especially an upscale one (not to say MDR is upscale but it is more "formal" than TGI Fridays at an airport-in my opinion - no flames please LOL)

FWIW, this is probably worse, tying up a table so you can work is not what that table is intended for. Kind of like those that hang out in Panera all day. :mad:

The weirdest thing I've seen on an RC ship was this afternoon on Brilliance. A woman was wearing a leather/vinyl mini-skirt and pasties in Windjammer. Technically she wasn't violating the dress code since it says swimsuits must be covered. It doesn't mention pasties.

I've seen too many instances of obnoxiously rude behavior on cruises to attempt to decide which was worst.

You reminded me of the group with everyone in swimwear, barefoot, with no attempt to meet the dress rules for eating inside the WJ.

Oh, and the people in bikinis and men's brief swimsuits on the Promenade. :O

Oh, and the people in bikinis and men's brief swimsuits on the Promenade. :O

I actually think the bikinis cover more skin than some of the outfits that are worn at night for "clubbing" on the ship. :)

*shaking cane at kids from front porch* GET OFF MY LAWN!!!! :)

We see the table hoggers in Starbucks using the free wifi.

You should complain to Starbucks CEO about that. They actually encourage people to do it. It's become part of their business model. So, it's not rude at all in this case.

Quote from their CEO: "We strive to create a welcoming environment for all of our customers. We do not have any time limits for being in our stores, and continue to focus on making the Third Place experience for every Starbucks customer."

You should complain to Starbucks CEO about that. They actually encourage people to do it. It's become part of their business model. So, it's not rude at all in this case.

Quote from their CEO: "We strive to create a welcoming environment for all of our customers. We do not have any time limits for being in our stores, and continue to focus on making the Third Place experience for every Starbucks customer."

When in Orlando we go to the Starbucks at Celebration for the banana loaf cake,we love it but they don't do it in the UK.