What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

This might get lost after 19 pages, but we were in theSolarium on Allure last year and there was a group of 20somethings playingtheir music really loud. The first sea day they left 20 minutes after we gotthere, but every day it got worse and by day 7 they sat in the pool for hoursblasting their music and being loud/obnoxious! Maybe I’m an old fuddy duddy,but I was so annoyed and thought it was very rude.

Did anyone complain to a crew member? I would hate having the experience in the solarium that you did. 😡

I'm curious about what different demographic you refer to here. We are going on our first cruise next month. I figured a 5 day cruise was a better "first time" than a 7 day. We aren't big drinkers and will have our 3 teenage sons with us. What are we in for?

I wouldn't take 3 teenage boys on anything less than a 7 day the first time. 5 day cruises can be booze cruises too. We were on a 5 day and were watching karaoke one nite. A nice young man was singing his heart out until he realized that some young men were standing behind him drunkingly making fun of him as the crowd cheered. I accidently told this story at breakfast. The young men were at our bkfst table beet red as I recounted the tale. Ooops:rolleyes:

Well, I don’t want to degrade any passenger base, but I was surprised by some activities on Carnival. I understand you can see some adult stuff during the Quest (closed to under 18 kids), but just to get d your an example:

Main pool area on Carnival Liberty during school vacation.

1) Hairy chest contest.

Senior lady and 12 men.

She is blindfolded and sitting.

One by one all men get to sit on her lap and she is feeling their chests.

2) Don’t remember a name of this contest

Each participant is given a bucket

They also get “gross” dishes like very fatty meat.

Who eats a dish and manages not to barf gets to the next level.

Of course we had to witness barfing too

This all goes on near main pool

To be fair I’ve seen some questionable contest on HAL Zuiderdam,

when contestants had to swim to the other end of the pool, drink a can of beer , to burp loudly and to swim back.

It wasn’t pretty, but at least it was by adult only pool.

Yes, I've seen the hairy man contest, and well....I agree, not exactly PG. Been on 7 Carnival cruises and have never seen an eating contest - is this very recent or from years ago? Also have never seen any type of drinking contest.

It is just that anytime someone says something questionable, then the name Carnival gets thrown in. I have seen bad behavior on both RCCL and Carnival. I still say that "save sex in the pool for Carnival" is rude. Did you see a previous thread a couple of weeks ago of weirdest things you have seen on a cruise ship? They were RCCL and many of the posts referred to cruisers having sex in all odd & public places.

Well, I don’t want to degrade any passenger base, but I was surprised by some activities on Carnival. I understand you can see some adult stuff during the Quest (closed to under 18 kids), but just to get d your an example:

Main pool area on Carnival Liberty during school vacation.

1) Hairy chest contest.

Senior lady and 12 men.

She is blindfolded and sitting.

One by one all men get to sit on her lap and she is feeling their chests.

2) Don’t remember a name of this contest

Each participant is given a bucket

They also get “gross” dishes like very fatty meat.

Who eats a dish and manages not to barf gets to the next level.

Of course we had to witness barfing too

This all goes on near main pool

To be fair I’ve seen some questionable contest on HAL Zuiderdam,

when contestants had to swim to the other end of the pool, drink a can of beer , to burp loudly and to swim back.

It wasn’t pretty, but at least it was by adult only pool.

I've seen the Hairy Chest contest on RCI too. Not actually seen it but seen it advertised in the Cruise Compass on a couple of cruises. Not having witnessed one, I don't know how they do it on RCI but they do have them.

I've seen the Hairy Chest contest on RCI too. Not actually seen it but seen it advertised in the Cruise Compass on a couple of cruises. Not having witnessed one, I don't know how they do it on RCI but they do have them.

I've only seen the sexiest legs contest.... :)

I've only seen the sexiest legs contest.... :)

I think they have that and the belly flop on every cruise. I never went to one but I've seen them on the TV the next day.

The hairy chest thing I've only seen advertised once or twice but I did see it. Perhaps it was a short cruise on one of the smaller ships with less family activities....

I think they have that and the belly flop on every cruise. I never went to one but I've seen them on the TV the next day.

The hairy chest thing I've only seen advertised once or twice but I did see it. Perhaps it was a short cruise on one of the smaller ships with less family activities....

The belly flop is awesome! I got picked for it on Explorer in like 2001. :)

Things I described about Carnival happened in 2005 on brand new Liberty. It wasn’t a 2-3 days cruise and booze, but Thanksgiving week cruise, when large families meet onboard, many kids too. I wasn’t planning to attend these events, but it was right there by main pool.

I didn’t feel comfortable even though my son was at teens club at that time.

Also I understand that many different people sail with Carnival, but in some reason out of all groups for every line (we sail with 8 Princess, Celebrity, Holland, Royal, Norwegian, MSc , Carnival and recently Cunard) On Facebook.... things that I read in Carnival groups are never discussed in others. Maybe it is just coincidence, which I prefer to think after each occurrence.... but it happens and happens, and happens. No... I don’t think Carnival is a party company and people sail with them to drink in excess, but atmosphere is a bit different than on RCCL, and RCCL isn’t even as refined as Celebrity or Princess.

"World's Sexiest Man" is a common one on Royal, it seats a panel of 4 women and several drunk dudes gyrate all over them.

On Navigator of couple years ago one guy actually removed his swim trunks and was covered by nothing but his safari hat.

The activities director froze like a deer in headlights :eek:

Most disgusting was in buffet. it was actually my young niece who was about 7 who spotted her. A woman with her hand down her trousers scratching at her backside. My niece was so disgusted that everyone in the line heard her say that lady is scratching her bottom next to the food and then pointed at her.

On Navigator last year I was waiting to get in the lift with my elderly mother and another passenger with a scooter was also waiting we were on the top deck so had been waiting quite some time for the lift when a member of staff pushing a large piece of equipment (I should say he was from the film crew that was filming not the usual ship crew ) walked up and when the lift came he tried to get in the lift before us and more shockingly the person with the scooter. He couldn't get in however as there where already 3 people in the lift who had got in the lift as it was coming up. BUt he wasn't happy to have to wait and actually gave the attitude that we should all get out again and wait so he could get in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did anyone complain to a crew member? I would hate having the experience in the solarium that you did. [emoji35]

No! I wanted to, but we wound up moving closer to the doors where it wasn’t as loud (still loud enough to annoy me tho). I don’t like confrontation.[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We observed lots of Pasty Shops in the vicinity of Mackinac Island when we were there a couple years ago. They seemed vert popular at lunch time.

When we are eating in the MDR we always request a "child sized" portion since we eat small portions. SOMETIMES by the end of the cruise, they bring small portions, but not usually. We've taken to eating most meals in the Windjammer where we can control how much goes onto our plates.

Kay

Why wouldn't it be allowed? I know lots of dual citizens.

Advantages? I can travel everywhere on a British passport, except to the U.S. I have to use my U.S. passport for that. It makes travel in Europe much easier (for now. I suppose all that will change with Brexit).

Been long time since I looked up but know some countries don't allow it. I can see reason not allowing it...

"World's Sexiest Man" is a common one on Royal, it seats a panel of 4 women and several drunk dudes gyrate all over them.

On Navigator of couple years ago one guy actually removed his swim trunks and was covered by nothing but his safari hat.

The activities director froze like a deer in headlights :eek:

Did he get the 1st place finish.

Some people feel that they need to get "their moneys worth" out of the cruise and that includes ordering as much food as possible to "stick it to the cruise line" for the "crazy high prices".

I have to say ... cruising on NCL Sky ... the food was SO horrible, I did try a couple of different items one evening, even 2 desserts. The cheesecake was a custard something or other. It was awful. The chocolate cake ... wasn't cake. It was a short cruise ... but 3 nights out of 4 ... having really bad food ... over cooked, NOT serving what is described on the menu ... NOT knowing how to cook/prepare the food described on the menu ... I left A LOT of food on the plates in the MDR.

Originally posted by JMorris271 Why some ignorant people belittle the vocation of farming is beyond me. I wonder what those morons eat everyday.

I know several farmers, and they are all gentlemen. BTW I know lawyers and Drs. that are butt wads.

Because they have not figured out that the food they eat does not magically appear.

A friend from Massachusetts visited us in RURAL Idaho a few years ago, you have to drive through gorgeous 'farmland' from Idaho Falls to Swan Valley. All I heard out of her mouth was ... "How can you live here? It's so desolate and empty and barren and depressing". ??? It is beautiful, lush, farmland and the elk and deer come down off the mountains and feed late fall, early winter. To me ... it's is so lovely.