What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

So much truth in that

The people with "real" money, you will 1. never know it or 2. never see them.

Why you would never know it, because they really don't care weather you know it or not LOL.

Why you would never see them is because we probably couldn't afford it.

So true! You can never tell that my “friend who married a rich guy” and her husband are rich :). They are very down to earth, and don’t flaunt it- they just go on WAY more vacations than the rest of my friends :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So true! You can never tell that my “friend who married a rich guy” and her husband are rich :). They are very down to earth, and don’t flaunt it- they just go on WAY more vacations than the rest of my friends :)

I knew a woman who was an heir to a Fortune 100 company, but you would never guess it because she did not look the part: dumpy clothes, clompy shoes, messy hair. The only way I knew was that she was a MAJOR benefactor to the non-profit where I worked. Really down to earth as well.

Since the beginning of time, pre laptop days, dinner is and always will be an off limits time for doing work. Taking phone calls, conducting business, and generally ignoring others around you. That is rude. Business is conducted after dinner, where deals are made. It might include a cigar and Whiskey, but it is not at the dinner table. There is a time for work, and a time for business.

So if your power goes out, or your internet is down, or your cell phone can’t get a signal during dinner hours, you would like all the people who’s job is to figure out what’s broken and fix it to wait until they are finished with dinner to get started? My husband has had that job for a cellular service company for 15+ years and he was on call 24/7 to hop on outage calls and troubleshoot until the problem was resolved. If it was during dinner, then he stepped out to take the call.

So if your power goes out, or your internet is down, or your cell phone can’t get a signal during dinner hours, you would like all the people who’s job is to figure out what’s broken and fix it to wait until they are finished with dinner to get started? My husband has had that job for a cellular service company for 15+ years and he was on call 24/7 to hop on outage calls and troubleshoot until the problem was resolved. If it was during dinner, then he stepped out to take the call.

Yes!

He stepped out, that’s the way you handle it, NOT at the dinner table

Why is it that men have to wear hats in the MDR for the evening meal? Especially on "formal" nights. Outside of religious or medical reasons it is rude!
How exactly is a hat at dinner rude? Yeah, some people thinks it's not appropriate, but I don't think it's rude. There are many things in this thread that are rude, but hats at dinner are just a pet peeve.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

We were on another cruise line a few years back, it happened to be their “bloggers” cruise. We’ve run in to groups on most cruises and most of the time they are fun.

This group was pushy and entitled.

One morning we’d gone down to grab coffee. I had been in line for close to 10 minutes and was next up. This lovely elderly lady (sarcasm) walks up in front of me, holds her blogger group badge up to my face and tells me she is with the group and she has a lecture to get to do she needs to order her coffee. The guy behind the counter sees the whole thing and proceeds to ask me my order, I start to tell him. The lady takes her cane snacks it in to my leg and tells me she told me she was with the bloggers group and had to order! I’ve obviously not had coffee at this point, I’m also Irish so the temper came out. I told her I didn’t care if she was the f’ing Captains wife she could wait in the damn line just loud every one else. If her lecture was so important her highness should have gotten up earlier to get her damn coffee and if she touched me again I’d report her for assault. The people behind me then chimed in that they were witnesses and she wasn’t cutting in front of them. She called me a bitch and stormed off [emoji23]

People often lie at those shows.

No? They lie? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] we were at one and they were doing the bra sizes. Ok I work out a lot, I wear a 34 D and a size 6/8 dress. This woman’s husband says she wears a 42DD. She comes out and I’m in no way judging I don’t care if you’re a size 8 or 50. But she is about 225 and claims to wear a 32 B. My 95 pound daughter couldn’t fit into a 32b

Why is it that men have to wear hats in the MDR for the evening meal? Especially on "formal" nights. Outside of religious or medical reasons it is rude!

It hides all those unsightly scars that run across the top of my head from all of those bar fights I've been in. After a while, I have to start making up lies about how I got them and people won't leave me alone so I can finish my meal in peace.

It hides all those unsightly scars that run across the top of my head from all of those bar fights I've been in. After a while, I have to start making up lies about how I got them and people won't leave me alone so I can finish my meal in peace.

Unsightly scars? That sounds like a medical reason! You're safe to wear your hat it seems! :)

Well, you know how it is. Some of those bikers don't fight fair, and there's always that one that thinks he can ight harder than you.

There is always someone bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, dumber, etc than you :eek:

The strangest was years ago pool side we noticed a couple on loungers each balancing a full plate of chicken on their belly eating through the pile with vigor. Once they finished they both got up and washed off the grease and crumbs in the pool leaving an oil slick. Staff asked them to leave and the pool was drained for cleaning. So gross!

I have witnessed several fights, many drunk folks throwing up and agree the elevator manners on every cruise are lacking. When you cruise with thousands of people from all walks of life you never know what you might see and it is just part of the cruise experience!

How exactly is a hat at dinner rude? Yeah, some people thinks it's not appropriate, but I don't think it's rude. There are many things in this thread that are rude, but hats at dinner are just a pet peeve.

Because hat etiquette is hats off indoors.