What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

I'd say loudly talking in public about politics and/or religion could be considered by some to be rude, especially if you're doing it knowing it will upset people around you. Doesn't matter which side of the fence (or wall) you're on. :)

And I thank you for your service to our country.

I agree, anyone that is loud and obnoxious is clearly rude.

The Comparison of the Berlin Wall to existing and future walls on our border, is crazy. The Berlin Wall was an ideology , to prevent emigration, not Immigration. To keep the people in, to prevent them from leaving, and to prevent other ideologies from entering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So are you saying anyone for MAGA or Trump or for the Wall is rude?

What about hats?

67c16bfd1a10894dc9200a4949d1acd3.jpg

Nope not at all! To each his own and as I mentioned, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It was more the HOW she was talking/acting. Besides, the subject of the thread was "rudest/strangest" and believe me this lady was STRANGE, regardless of her political ideology. I just wish someone of this thread had been in that room with us. lol

I agree, anyone that is loud and obnoxious is clearly rude.

The Comparison of the Berlin Wall to existing and future walls on our border, is crazy. The Berlin Wall was an ideology , to prevent emigration, not Immigration. To keep the people in, to prevent them from leaving, and to prevent other ideologies from entering.

My intention was not to compare the Berlin Wall to the proposed border wall. My intention was to point out this woman's obliviousness to having to ask Germans if Germany has any experience with walls. The German couple just disengaged from the conversation and grabbed a beverage.

We were chatting with some Canadians on our last cruise, and the subject of the "Wall" came up. I told them once we finished with the Southern Border, we're going to start building one on our Northern Border, and Canada is going to pay for it. :rolleyes:

We were chatting with some Canadians on our last cruise, and the subject of the "Wall" came up. I told them once we finished with the Southern Border, we're going to start building one on our Northern Border, and Canada is going to pay for it. :rolleyes:

I bet that was worth a good chuckle.

I bet that was worth a good chuckle.

We can make it out of all the pennies we no longer use up here!

And talking to German guests about a wall?! Some people are just plain stupid.

It’s near universally know amongst well educated people that general knowledge of the type you’re eluding to is generational. A signficant proportion of people alive today do not know about, have never had cause to hear about, or simply will not remember the connection you are making.

Per vocabulary.com "Disrespectful words and actions are rude and show a lack of respect. "

My parents generation defined it to be disrespectful for a male to have a hat on while indoors and especially at dinner. My fanny would have been dusted for sure if my mother were alive today and I showed up at the dinning table with a hat on.

For a female on the other hand, covering her head is proper.

I perceive that it is also biblical 1 Corinthians 11:5

So from my upbringing it is rude for a male to wear a hat at the dinning table.

Outdoor lunch or something of that manner can be open but from my parents perspective there is no discussion, MDR + Male W/ Hat on = Rude

I wouldn't wear a hat to dinner, even on vacation, but if someone told me I shouldn't because of the bible...I might just give it a try.

Emily Post would certainly frown.

Not sure why the thoughts of someone who's been dead nearly 60 years would have any relevance to modern cruising. Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a hat at the table.

Guess it's marginally better than quoting religious texts and expecting others who may follow a different religion, or none at all, to care what it says about headwear 2000 years ago.

I most always take my hat off while eating. Nothing to do with religion but the way we were taught.

Same here. :halo:

The reference on Biblical was in light and conversational. I am usually one (in jest and fun) would poke holes with the intent of fun and generate conversation...:evilsmile:

Like you will find many laws and customs were based on religious world views :D

So please do not take any offense in anything I say for I believe in "Do unto others as you wish others to do unto you"

AKA treat people the way you wish to be treated.

When sitting down to use the suite sun loungers we actually had a woman say "there are for suite guests", like I did not fully understand the many signs nor the benefits of my suite. I responded "I am aware" and omitted the many things I wanted to say to her. About an hour later the pool attendant came around checking sea pass cards. When they checked her she oddly could not produce a gold card. She had many excuses so they asked for her name and cabin number and they would simply verify and not bother her any further. She gathered her belongings and left. We did not see her again.

Have any of you gone into the main dinning room on formal night and had the man across from you, wearing a very nice Tux, start to chew Tabaco and pull out his spit container to spit out his Tabaco juice, while you were eating your filet of beef. I can say that I have now had that experience.

Have any of you gone into the main dinning room on formal night and had the man across from you, wearing a very nice Tux, start to chew Tabaco and pull out his spit container to spit out his Tabaco juice, while you were eating your filet of beef. I can say that I have now had that experience.

That is just nasty. Nasty. Nasty. Nasty. Did you mention anything?

I can say without a doubt I have never seen that anywhere I've been. But I did witness a jerk spitting on the walking track while I was walking and he was jogging. I did report him!:mad:

When sitting down to use the suite sun loungers we actually had a woman say "there are for suite guests", like I did not fully understand the many signs nor the benefits of my suite. I responded "I am aware" and omitted the many things I wanted to say to her. About an hour later the pool attendant came around checking sea pass cards. When they checked her she oddly could not produce a gold card. She had many excuses so they asked for her name and cabin number and they would simply verify and not bother her any further. She gathered her belongings and left. We did not see her again.

Did you said something? I would not have been able to stop myself!!

In regards to strange .... How one port can be so smooth while another can be so crazy. HOw things can be clearly marked and understood what to do while another seems ... well void of understanding

Wonder why that is?

Disembark ports we have been out of (Baltimore, Norfolk, Bayonne, Boston, FT Lauderdale)

And felt that Baltimore has been the least confusing and easiest to load and off load from.

Baltimore has been the smoothest one for us, except one time it the people loading and unloading the ship was on strike or something. So getting on the ship was fine ... it was everything else from loading the food, luggage, and fuel. Then another time it was a fuel spill ~ or was that Norfolk that it happened too

Norfolk and Bayonne had been the most complicated from directions to follow and hurry up and wait and in one section it was like a huge cattle field ... people standing and doing nothing but you couldn't get around them so you just shuffled along

Boston was weird with the competition on finding a place to park, slalom skiing through the cars and buses randomly parked with Taxi's squeezing in. to find some man with a badge sitting on a folding chair pointing to a random door which was used to go up a series of stairs which was the port to load LOL.

Not on the ship or in the MDR

Currently work with two gentlemen whom chew. it goes from chewing - spit it out juice. Drink a protein shake (one of those athletic powder things like GNC or something) then spit the juice out again because they didn't remove the chew for the drink.

When sitting down to use the suite sun loungers we actually had a woman say "there are for suite guests", like I did not fully understand the many signs nor the benefits of my suite.

I'm waiting for someone to say this to my daughter on our upcoming cruise. She's a teenage with brightly colored "mermaid hair" right now and I'm just waiting for some uppity person to think she has no business on the "suite sun deck". Hell, they will probably give me the side eye with my cargo shorts, beat up SciFi t-shirts, tattoos, and piercings. :)

You didn’t call out “see you in the suite lounge” after her? :')