What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Hi, I am the original poster! I sat by the railing on Deck 4 and watched the scene below on Deck 3 as the guy used the laptop at the dinner table.

Has anyone ever seen the 2 gentlemen who dress up in over-the-top outfits every night with matching purses? I saw them in 2013 on the Serenade and they won the award for most days cruising. On formal night they dressed as Indian princes or pashas or some kind of royalty, with shiny turbans (I believe they were Scandinavian). With all their cruising, you must have seen them. Their pocketbooks were adorable.

I was on the Jewel a few years ago. And there was a guy in the hot tub, in the Solarium. I was at the bar and noticed there was suds coming up out of the water. Next thing I see is the guy scooping the suds up with his hand and eating the suds. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While sitting next to the window in the Diamond Lounge on the Oasis we observed four Hispanic teenage girls on a nearby balcony spitting on people walking on the Boardwalk below them. (The concierge called security.)

While I am glad that security was called, and hopefully handled the situation appropriately, I am not sure that the ethnic origin of the teenage girls serves any factual relevance here...

I was on the Jewel a few years ago. And there was a guy in the hot tub, in the Solarium. I was at the bar and noticed there was suds coming up out of the water. Next thing I see is the guy scooping the suds up with his hand and eating the suds. [emoji15]

That definitely is strange! No other way to describe it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have complained to the HW about the mother using the MDR table as a changing table and her kid using the MDR as a playground. :mad:

And another reason why Noro Virus is prevalent on ships!!.

Another disgusting example that you would have to see to believe.

I hope they put in enough chlorine to kill anything like that. Sometimes you don't know what went on in there before you. :eek:

There is no way I would have gone up a deck higher let alone 3. I would have gotten in front of him and pushed buttons 7, 8 and 9. :D

I wish there was a like button here. :)

I hope they put in enough chlorine to kill anything like that. Sometimes you don't know what went on in there before you. :eek:

There is no way I would have gone up a deck higher let alone 3. I would have gotten in front of him and pushed buttons 7, 8 and 9. :D

I wish there was a like button here. :)

Hi, I am the original poster! I sat by the railing on Deck 4 and watched the scene below on Deck 3 as the guy used the laptop at the dinner table.

Has anyone ever seen the 2 gentlemen who dress up in over-the-top outfits every night with matching purses? I saw them in 2013 on the Serenade and they won the award for most days cruising. On formal night they dressed as Indian princes or pashas or some kind of royalty, with shiny turbans (I believe they were Scandinavian). With all their cruising, you must have seen them. Their pocketbooks were adorable.

Yep. We've seen them. It was on the Adventure out of Puerto Rico in 2014. Sounds like the same outfits. One purse was an elephant if I remember.

Our hot tub experience was not on an RCI ship but my wife and I were in the hot tub with an older gentleman having a great conversation. He went on to say he had gotten a very bad sunburn the days previous. He then proceeded to peal off layers of his skin and flick them over the side of the hot tub. Needless to say it was time to go get out of the hot tub :eek:

Bradsnana: Amen sister!!! I too go absolutely bonkers and am very vocal when I hear or observe a cruiser being condescending in any way towards staff (all of whom work their butts off to please ‘we the cruisers’. And honestly, how many of us would ever put in the kind of slave labor hours they do and receive the minuscule paychecks they receive?. Very very few, if any. And yes, I know they are very grateful for those jobs and the pay is more than they could ever get at ‘Home’. Not the point. I’ve been absolutely sick inside and ashamed that we humans can treat others as we do and not afraid one bit to stand up for any crew staff who I feel has been verbally abused. As Oprah says, “ if we know better, we do better”. Entitled brats come in all range and sizes, right?

Ok, off my soapbox. Just that I was so tickled at your last comment, had to chime in my two cents.

Lauren, ICU RN, Oregon

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The one we saw did not bother with that. He took his speedo off and then stepped into the outside pool shower. And not the type of dude you really want to see in the all over either. ;p:eek::o Yuck! Guess he figured no one could see him. Eyeballs burned!

Not uncommon in Europe at the beaches.

Not everyone has the same "rules" as the US.

Bradsnana: Amen sister!!! I too go absolutely bonkers and am very vocal when I hear or observe a cruiser being condescending in any way towards staff (all of whom work their butts off to please ‘we the cruisers’. And honestly, how many of us would ever put in the kind of slave labor hours they do and receive the minuscule paychecks they receive?. Very very few, if any. And yes, I know they are very grateful for those jobs and the pay is more than they could ever get at ‘Home’. Not the point. I’ve been absolutely sick inside and ashamed that we humans can treat others as we do and not afraid one bit to stand up for any crew staff who I feel has been verbally abused. As Oprah says, “ if we know better, we do better”. Entitled brats come in all range and sizes, right?

Ok, off my soapbox. Just that I was so tickled at your last comment, had to chime in my two cents.

Lauren, ICU RN, Oregon

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My thoughts EXACTLY!

Not uncommon in Europe at the beaches.

Not everyone has the same "rules" as the US.

So European tourists should feel comfortable walking around naked at

the "land of the mouse" in Orlando then? :p:eek:

Cruise ships like Oasis are basically theme parks at sea. Set up is perhaps

just a tad different than European beaches? ;)

They do it on South Beach in Miami. :)

There might be some exhibitionistic beaches in Germany but we are more prudish in England.

There is no justification for it and on the ship where there are family's it is disgusting.

On our recent Anthem cruise both my wife and I were hit from behind on separate occasions by the same wheelchair occupied by an older Asian man and being pushed by an older Asian lady. DW was hit so hard that bruising on the back of her leg resulted.

Neither time did that lady or man say anything or apologize for hitting us. They just walked or rolled away as if nothing had happened.

Maybe there was a language barrier for not doing so but we quickly learned to be on the lookout to avoid that couple and their dangerous wheelchair.

We might have been on the same cruise LOL.

Nah just joking...

BUT have experienced the same thing while in line at the Baltimore terminal boarding.

The craziest thing for me was while on Allure (the first time) MDR, on formal night, whole table (Group of about 10+) all wearing sweat pants and shirts looking like Italian Mafia right out of Godfather (Mind you again formal night MDR) AND their server came out of the back with an Amazon Echo playing LOUD music at which the members at that table started singing (loudly) and dancing.

First I thought you had to be dressed appropriately to get in and being Formal Night ???

Next the Music from the (Royal Employee) table was so loud we could not hear each other and they were several tables down. ...

The next day, their server had all of their food out for them but they never showed up for dinner LOL

My wife and I were on Allure a few years ago.During a performance in the theatre,a lady decided to change her child’s ****ty diaper right next to us instead of walking the 10 feet to the restroom.

Last time we cruised on Oasis, our cabin was close to the elevators. Every night around midnight, like clockwork, a group of kids would get off the elevator and storm down the hall like a herd of buffalo. Shrieking, laughing, and howling. We will NEVER book a room close to the elevators again!

Don’t ever book Cabin 6666 on any ship either. Lots of annoying prank calls.

Unfortunately, I didn’t think to answer “Mrs. Satan speaking. What the he** do you want,” until we were off the ship.

At breakfast in the American Icon on Harmony. First breakfast on the very first sailing out of Southampton, an old man was yelling at the waiter because the tea provided wasn't the English Breakfast tea that he had requested. He then stood up and held his fist towards the face of the waiter causing him to cower. Yes there were teething problems on that cruise but the behaviour of many of the cruisers towards the staff was appalling. The way that American cruisers often speak to staff can appear to be very rude to British people but, on this cruise, I was ashamed to be British.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Forums mobile app

I think it is not entirely true.

Dual citizenship means that countries you have citizenships recognize both of your citizenships , not just allow to have both.

US doesn't do this. When you are in US , US treats you as if you had only US citizenship and only US laws apply to you.

I also have two citizenships. US and Ukraine.

There are countries that don't allow to have both. For example Germany. If you want to have German citizenship you must stop all others. Also if you are a German citizen and get another citizenship you automatically lose German citizenship.

I can attest to your German example, as my in-laws had their German citizenship revoked when they became U.S. citizens some years after being Resident Aliens (aka Green Card holders). However, my husband and his two sisters were granted dual U.S/German citizenship when they applied through the German Consulate. They are all U.S.-born. The U.S. Government didn't require them to revoke their citizenship and as a result, they are both.

My husband carries both passports while traveling to and from Europe. He needs the U.S. passport to get in and out of the country but the EU passport allows him to travel much more freely when he's in Europe.

Fortunately I have never seen that kind of behavior at the beaches in Europe and I live there :)

I guess you have been to different beaches. :D

But, to be clear, I am talking about showering or changing. Not fondling themselves.