What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

Shared a table with a US family. (We're Danish) They ordered several starters and desserts every day and let most of it go out again. Took one bite.

Coming from a country where we're brought up to not waste more than necessary it felt odd. Especially as the woman KNEW that the sweets would be much too sweet for her and every day ended up asking for some fresh fruit.

OTOH, the cruise company knew that people would do that so the portion sizes were more European and less US-ian. That was nice. We felt comfortable after one starter, one main course and one dessert.

Lots of different lifestyles. I’m on the road 20 days a month, and when I’m home the last thing I want to do is catch up on expense paper work.

So it’s usually a TGI Friday’s at DFW. I see lots of others working there as well. Never thought of it as rude.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right, so you are catching up on paperwork while sitting at an airport, presumably by yourself or with other coworkers. So you don’t have to spend a nice dinner out with your family on the laptop. That’s considerate. It’s the person who goes out with their family to an upscale restaurant only to ignore the family and the wait staff to do work on their laptop that is being rude.

Shared a table with a US family. (We're Danish) They ordered several starters and desserts every day and let most of it go out again. Took one bite.

Some people feel that they need to get "their moneys worth" out of the cruise and that includes ordering as much food as possible to "stick it to the cruise line" for the "crazy high prices".

Coming from a country where we're brought up to not waste more than necessary it felt odd. Especially as the woman KNEW that the sweets would be much too sweet for her and every day ended up asking for some fresh fruit.

OTOH, the cruise company knew that people would do that so the portion sizes were more European and less US-ian. That was nice. We felt comfortable after one starter, one main course and one dessert.

That would have bothered me as well. I'm from the US but I was also brought up not to take more than I know I can eat. When I cruise I never load up my plate at the Windjammer (you can always go back), nor do I order more than one stater or salad and one main. I often wonder what some of the employees from very poor countries think when they see all the food that's wasted on the ship.

Sex in the pool.....save that for a Carnival ship

I

And that in itself is a rude comment. Why do you have to denigrate Carnival? I have cruised on both lines and have found the clientele to be more alike than different. I hate when people say these kind of things.

We brought Paulines mam on 6 cruises,the last one 5 years ago for her 90th birthday and pushed her everywhere in her wheelchair so i can empathize with you.

How is your foot now? have you still got the boot on?.

Yup, big ole ugly boot still on my foot. I did not opt for a wheel chair on this MJ cruise (smaller ship, easier to get around and hopefully healing more now). Glad I did not. Elevators were always packed. No way could I have been able to get to most of them.

Unfortunately paying for it now, foot is aching again...but it was still a good cruise. :)

Edited by island lady

That would have bothered me as well. I'm from the US but I was also brought up not to take more than I know I can eat. When I cruise I never load up my plate at the Windjammer (you can always go back), nor do I order more than one stater or salad and one main. I often wonder what some of the employees from very poor countries think when they see all the food that's wasted on the ship.

That is nice to know. It gives me hope for my next cruise :-)

It actually made me re-think ever going on a cruise again. Before I booked the next one, I thought hard about whether I would be able to ignore it. I will be eating at a two-top this time.

And that in itself is a rude comment. Why do you have to denigrate Carnival? I have cruised on both lines and have found the clientele to be more alike than different. I hate when people say these kind of things.

Well, I don’t want to degrade any passenger base, but I was surprised by some activities on Carnival. I understand you can see some adult stuff during the Quest (closed to under 18 kids), but just to get d your an example:

Main pool area on Carnival Liberty during school vacation.

1) Hairy chest contest.

Senior lady and 12 men.

She is blindfolded and sitting.

One by one all men get to sit on her lap and she is feeling their chests.

2) Don’t remember a name of this contest

Each participant is given a bucket

They also get “gross” dishes like very fatty meat.

Who eats a dish and manages not to barf gets to the next level.

Of course we had to witness barfing too

This all goes on near main pool

To be fair I’ve seen some questionable contest on HAL Zuiderdam,

when contestants had to swim to the other end of the pool, drink a can of beer , to burp loudly and to swim back.

It wasn’t pretty, but at least it was by adult only pool.

Some people feel that they need to get "their moneys worth" out of the cruise and that includes ordering as much food as possible to "stick it to the cruise line" for the "crazy high prices".

Or they feel entitled because they paid for it or have a suite or are Diamonds or whatever.

I think I know all the reasons. I just don't find they are valid. Also: If this didn't happen the cruise service might go up. Less work for the kitchen and waiter staff.

Well... we sometimes order several starters and even several entrees. We don’t eat sides, so we always ask if we can only get meat/fish on the same plate and no sides. We also don’t eat desserts.

We do use/reserve tables for two so our tablemates don’t have to wait.

Oh, was thinking about our diets and remembered one thing I am not a big fan of. I clean my home elliptical every day after exercise. Of course when I go to the gym I do the same. Some people don’t feel like wiping equipment after extensive use....

Well... we sometimes order several starters and even several entrees. We don’t eat sides, so we always ask if we can only get meat/fish on the same plate and no sides. We also don’t eat desserts.

We do use/reserve tables for two so our tablemates don’t have to wait.

I assume you actually eat what you ordered tho. You don't order it purely to waste it. :)

I assume you actually eat what you ordered tho. You don't order it purely to waste it. :)

Yes. I do. I order to eat!!!

Just explaining in case it looks strange from a side.

On Allure, enjoying the peace at the Sollarium. This couple sits down next to me and the woman starts picking the zits on her partner's nose/ face. They could not have done that in their cabin if it was such a pressing matter?

That is when you pull out your phone and start filming them. If they ask why, tell them there is a huge market for zit popping videos on the internet and you're going to make them into stars!

Yes. I do. I order to eat!!!

Just explaining in case it looks strange from a side.

As long as you eat it all no problem. It's the people who order multiple items just to have a taste & leave the rest for waste that's the issue. I remember one cruise a big, football player type guy was seated at our table. He would order two starters, two mains & two desserts every night and never left a crumb on his plate. I was amazed - what he ate for one meal I doubt I could have eaten in a whole day!

You should complain to Starbucks CEO about that. They actually encourage people to do it. It's become part of their business model. So, it's not rude at all in this case.

Quote from their CEO: "We strive to create a welcoming environment for all of our customers. We do not have any time limits for being in our stores, and continue to focus on making the Third Place experience for every Starbucks customer."

I'll bet what they tell Managers, "We have no time limits as long as they continue to spend.

On Allure, enjoying the peace at the Sollarium. This couple sits down next to me and the woman starts picking the zits on her partner's nose/ face. They could not have done that in their cabin if it was such a pressing matter?

Pimple Poppers all over Facebook. Dr Pimple Popper now has her own show (TLC). It’s the new thing. Blackheads and Cysts.

This will get you started....

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSandraLee

[emoji23]

I'll bet what they tell Managers, "We have no time limits as long as they continue to spend.

Actually no, they seriously want people to use their stores as a place to go to do business. I know people who do consulting and work 8 hours a day from a Starbucks on their WiFi because they have trouble concentrating at home. People start tech startups from Starbucks tables. :)

Actually no, they seriously want people to use their stores as a place to go to do business. I know people who do consulting and work 8 hours a day from a Starbucks on their WiFi because they have trouble concentrating at home. People start tech startups from Starbucks tables. :)

Last time at Starbucks in Celebration it was full inside and outside in the courtyard of students,only a few had a drink on the table.

This might get lost after 19 pages, but we were in theSolarium on Allure last year and there was a group of 20somethings playingtheir music really loud. The first sea day they left 20 minutes after we gotthere, but every day it got worse and by day 7 they sat in the pool for hoursblasting their music and being loud/obnoxious! Maybe I’m an old fuddy duddy,but I was so annoyed and thought it was very rude.

Pimple Poppers all over Facebook. Dr Pimple Popper now has her own show (TLC). It’s the new thing. Blackheads and Cysts.

This will get you started....

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrSandraLee

[emoji23]

I’ve been following the Dr on YouTube for a long time. Nothing like the “popping”arm lipoma. A true classic.