What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

This is an international forum about cruises that nearly exclusively travel to international destinations, in international waters, with cruisers from all nations. America has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

I believe 75% of Royal passengers are from the USA

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

But What if you wear a hat while on your laptop in the MDR??!!

Or MORE importantly, wearing a hat with your shorts in the MDR.

Funny how many people are against shorts and t-shirts in the MDR, and how many are for hats.

To see others not giving priority to those with scooters and wheelchairs makes me mad. I see people just walking and not allowing those with scooters or wheelchairs through .. others won't even wait for people with scooters to get off the elevator before they get on... it is just rude

And those in scooters or wheelchairs barging through lines and not waiting their turn.

Or MORE importantly, wearing a hat with your shorts in the MDR.

Funny how many people are against shorts and t-shirts in the MDR, and how many are for hats.

I'm actually not for hats, shorts, or t-shirts in the MDR. My personal feelings are that it is not appropriate. I just don't think it's fair to refer to someone who feels it is appropriate as "being rude". :)

This is an international forum about cruises that nearly exclusively travel to international destinations, in international waters, with cruisers from all nations. America has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

So True!

I believe 75% of Royal passengers are from the USA

So...? What's your point? That 25% (fictional, no source) of international passengers aren't enough to consider RC business as international?

Actually, I just read an article which said it’s 80% and often higher.

Same question... So? 20% is equal to nothing? Even if you say there is a lower % of non-US travelers on RC, diversity of nationality exist whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

Same question... So? 20% is equal to nothing? Even if you say there is a lower % of non-US travelers on RC, diversity of nationality exist whether people want to acknowledge it or not.

This wasn’t my bone to pick. I was just posting new numbers that were posted. No opinion otherwise on this matter other than all the ships we have sailed on have mostly a majority of US cruisers even out of Europe. Not saying it’s not possible for other nations to have the majority of cruisers, we just have not witnessed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This wasn’t my bone to pick. I was just posting new numbers that were posted. No opinion otherwise on this matter other than all the ships we have sailed on have mostly a majority of US cruisers even out of Europe. Not saying it’s not possible for other nations to have the majority of cruisers, we just have not witnessed it.

I don't want to dispute number's but on European and Arabian cruises we have been on American passengers have been in the minority.

That said i much prefer the friendly nature of American and Canadian guests to European passengers.

I don't want to dispute number's but on European and Arabian cruises we have been on American passengers have been in the minority.

That said i much prefer the friendly nature of American and Canadian guests to European passengers.

Our only cruise out of Europe was the Presidents Cruise so I guess that skewed the numbers a bit towards US. We are going out of Rome to Greece this August/September so we may have a different experience.

I have never seen a pet on a cruise, not even a service dog. Guess things have changed since my last cruise.

I saw an actual service dog once on a cruise. The owner was in a wheelchair. That dog was quiet, well behaved and obviously well-trained. This was about 10 years ago or so, before the proliferation of the service dog "wannabees". I was glad to see Royal had no problem with it. I was told there is a secluded spot for the dog to do his "business".

Our only cruise out of Europe was the Presidents Cruise so I guess that skewed the numbers a bit towards US. We are going out of Rome to Greece this August/September so we may have a different experience.

Personally i would prefer a high number of US and Canadian guest's and less European and Chinese passengers.

My sister and I cruised out of Rome last year and we heard many different languages being spoken around us. Our table mates included a man from Belgium and his Ukranian girlfriend, and they became engaged on the cruise. They were a most charming couple. We still keep in touch on Facebook.

I'm actually not for hats, shorts, or t-shirts in the MDR. My personal feelings are that it is not appropriate. I just don't think it's fair to refer to someone who feels it is appropriate as "being rude". :)

This made me think of a funny story. My BIL has always been very mature for his age, but somewhat oblivious. He has owned his own construction company in rural Iowa, since he was 20! When he was 25, he did a “guys cruise” with my DH. Prior to this, he had seen plenty of pictures of us and his parents on cruises. Prior to the trip, My DH has told him- at dinner, shirt and tie for formal night, business casual for the others. They get to Miami the night before, and open up their suitcases. DH sees that there is just one dress shirt, and a bunch of t shirts in his brother’s suitcase. BIL says- but they’re NICE T-shirt’s... he thought nice t-shirts and jeans were business casual :). That night they spent their time scrambling around Miami trying to find the BIL a couple of affordable nicer shirts :). We still like to tease him about this :)

I think many are confused . The thread is supposed to be about

What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship

Not the rudest or strangest thing you can say to a previous poster.

:o

Agreed ...

Totally off topic

This made me think of a funny story. My BIL has always been very mature for his age, but somewhat oblivious. He has owned his own construction company in rural Iowa, since he was 20! When he was 25, he did a “guys cruise” with my DH. Prior to this, he had seen plenty of pictures of us and his parents on cruises. Prior to the trip, My DH has told him- at dinner, shirt and tie for formal night, business casual for the others. They get to Miami the night before, and open up their suitcases. DH sees that there is just one dress shirt, and a bunch of t shirts in his brother’s suitcase. BIL says- but they’re NICE T-shirt’s... he thought nice t-shirts and jeans were business casual :). That night they spent their time scrambling around Miami trying to find the BIL a couple of affordable nicer shirts :). We still like to tease him about this :)

There's nothing wrong with T-shirts as long as they are still mostly white and the holes are no larger than a quarter. ;p