What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean ship?

We are younger and we get it all the time. Last week on NOS we were checked twice in one hour and none of the older couples around us got checked. When asked by Nadja, the concierge, how things were going I explained that I was a bit fed up with this. She must have said something because we were not asked the rest of the trip. I get that the check sometimes, and I am fine with that. Just make it applicable to all.
Ahhh, a fellow Minnesotan! :)

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

God, where do I begin...

There have been a lot of times where I've stood in line at Guest Services and listened to some REALLY entitled people go off on the reps, screaming obscenities and threatening to have the reps fired, or say that "I pay your salary", which might be true but that isn't an appropriate thing to say, I don't care how mad you are.

I see that once in a while as well. Even in the concierge lounge. Its true the employee cant fight back but I can on their behalf. I have more than once interjected myself by saying to the person.. you are crude, rude and socially unacceptable. Go back to your cabin and surf the internet until you find someone who cares. That really ticks them off. Its glorious. At Christmas on the Oasis I watched a 20 year old boy refuse to go put a collared shirt on in the Coastal Kitchen. He was telling the head waiter he didnt have to follow the rules because his dad spent $28,000 on this vacation. I turned to him and said "please leave you trailer trash child". He almost punched me! It was very funny. After the kid left the Head waiter smiled and thanked me. Lots of good desert surprises from then on at our table!

Edited by e2011

On Liberty of the Seas while playing Love and Marriage an intoxicated woman urinated in her sweat pants. She continued playing the game and left a trail wherever she went.

On the Empress of the Seas for a quick 4 day get away cruise, a bar tender in the Schooner Lounge screamed out over the crowd “I want off this F###ing ship and back on the Allure”!

On the Independence of the Seas we were invaded by spring breakers, we saw college kids stealing a 30 pack of beer and trying to get away by carrying it down the promenade.

Same cruise, about a dozen drunk college kids kicked off the ship in Labadee for bad behavior. They did the walk of shame with their luggage while passenger cheered from the decks.

Same cruise, about 30 more drunk college kicked off the ship in Jamaica for the same bad behavior. While they also did the walk of shame with their luggage, we watched as the crew stopped groups of highly intoxicated kids from boarding . Young girls were throwing tantrums and threatening to beat up staff while other passengers cheered.

Same cruise, the college kids ran out of money and began breaking into cabins and stealing woman’s travel bags. One such theft resulted in a chase while the crew pursued some kid through the ship. The chase ended 10 feet from me as my family sat by the pool, they grabbed him and took him to cruise ship jail.

These kids terrorized other passengers throughout the cruise and got what they deserved. Avoid 4 or 5 day cruises in the late winter and spring, you’ll be happy you did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have any of you gone into the main dinning room on formal night and had the man across from you, wearing a very nice Tux, start to chew Tabaco and pull out his spit container to spit out his Tabaco juice, while you were eating your filet of beef. I can say that I have now had that experience.

No doubt in my mind, I would have vomited. ;p

How do you know it was not important? It would be naive and ignorant to automatically assume it was frivolous activity. My wife is an international tax attorney. She deals with clients who also live overseas. Bedtime for you, mid work day for them. Business never sleeps. Neither does international commerce.

For some, a vacation does not mean a cutoff from work.

Since we don’t know what this person was actually doing with said laptop. Presenting that as rude, is unfounded and in itself rude.

I don't agree... I would think that even if for work one could step away for a meal ... nobody has that demanding of a job that they can't leave it long enough for a meal... if they can get away from the job to get on a cruise they should be able to disconnect from the job long enough.. plus the kids were getting up to look ..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I came to this thread to be amused at crazy stories, but instead had to read 5 ridiculous and childish posts about politics and religion. grow up people, keep it to yourselves. i think this thread should be changed to:

What's the rudest or strangest thing you've seen recently on a Royal Caribbean Forum?

In the buffet at the solarium on Allure for breakfast I was at a table eating ... saw a girl coming in she scratched and dug into her crotch then proceeded to help herself at the buffet... so disgusting I shy away from the buffet now after this

I do an annual cruise for people with fibromyalgia. Not all of us LOOK physically disabled, but the amount of walking to and on ships easily sends us into "flares." On boarding day, a group of us approached a bank of elevators. There was NOBODY waiting. When the first elevator came, we got on. Two of us were in scooters, some people used walkers or canes, and some "looked" perfectly normal. As the doors began to close, a woman came up pushing a wheelchair. She hit the buttons so the door opened again and literally yelled for the "able bodied" people to get off so the wheelchair could get on. First of all, there were already two scooters on the elevator. Second, she had not been waiting at all. I turned around on my scooter and said "everyone in this group is handicapped even if they don't look it." She just rolled her eyes and said "yeah right" as the doors closed.

I had a mixed reaction to the earlier post about the woman on the scooter who didn't wait for anyone. Having done at least three or four cruises on a scooter, I understood her pain. Sometimes, by the end of a cruise, I've had to start being more aggressive because people ALWAYS cut in front of me as if I'm invisible. There have been times where I've had to wait for five different elevators to come and go.

To see others not giving priority to those with scooters and wheelchairs makes me mad. I see people just walking and not allowing those with scooters or wheelchairs through .. others won't even wait for people with scooters to get off the elevator before they get on... it is just rude

To see others not giving priority to those with scooters and wheelchairs makes me mad. I see people just walking and not allowing those with scooters or wheelchairs through .. others won't even wait for people with scooters to get off the elevator before they get on... it is just rude

This happens all the time on European cruises out of Spain and Italy.

In Britain most of us have been taught manners and how to form an orderly queue at all times.

This happens all the time on European cruises out of Spain and Italy.

In Britain most of us have been taught manners and how to form an orderly queue at all times.

Wait until you meet the Chinese. Even their own Government are concerned, they are giving lessons on how to behave when abroad.

https://www.ft.com/content/5e73443c-e9d8-11e4-a687-00144feab7de

I have to disagree, I feel it is rude to go to the dining room and work on a laptop. My immediate thought was if the person is working on something so important that it can't be stopped for an hour for them to have dinner, then surely for security of business purposes, they should work in a secluded or private area. A laptop on a dining room in a main area is available for anyone walking past to read what is being transacted/researched or written on the screen over their shoulder. As a potential client of that person, I would be extremely alarmed at the lack of confidentiality and privacy in transacting business on my behalf.

No, not convinced... it seems to only bother selective people. Who are focused so much so on others, rather than the people they are with. Says lots about ones self.

Playing devils advocate once again, maybe they feel like my wife does. Loosing so much time due to work, every minute in physical presence of loved ones, even working at the table is still time with family. That’s not being rude.

Now, if he/she was playing candycrush, or watching a show. That would be rude. So lets give that person the benefit of doubt. Speculation is not burden of proof.

Let’s not fight and just make America Great

This is an international forum about cruises that nearly exclusively travel to international destinations, in international waters, with cruisers from all nations. America has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

It's snowbirds season, they are all down here now. BTW, when did they cease being round?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

On one of our early cruises 2003 we shared a Taxi with four older americans in Cozumel, we learnt about Snow Birds and SKI'ers. Wonderful people who just wanted to hear my OH talk, she has a slight Berkshire accent. They said it was cheaper to cruise than stay on land. More power to them, probably Pinnacle by now.

This is an international forum about cruises that nearly exclusively travel to international destinations, in international waters, with cruisers from all nations. America has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

For the life of me I can’t understand why anyone from the US wouldn’t want America to be great??

I’d like to see many other countries be great as well. Why can’t we be proud of our country of citizenship?

I do an annual cruise for people with fibromyalgia. Not all of us LOOK physically disabled, but the amount of walking to and on ships easily sends us into "flares." On boarding day, a group of us approached a bank of elevators. There was NOBODY waiting. When the first elevator came, we got on. Two of us were in scooters, some people used walkers or canes, and some "looked" perfectly normal. As the doors began to close, a woman came up pushing a wheelchair. She hit the buttons so the door opened again and literally yelled for the "able bodied" people to get off so the wheelchair could get on. First of all, there were already two scooters on the elevator. Second, she had not been waiting at all. I turned around on my scooter and said "everyone in this group is handicapped even if they don't look it." She just rolled her eyes and said "yeah right" as the doors closed.

I had a mixed reaction to the earlier post about the woman on the scooter who didn't wait for anyone. Having done at least three or four cruises on a scooter, I understood her pain. Sometimes, by the end of a cruise, I've had to start being more aggressive because people ALWAYS cut in front of me as if I'm invisible. There have been times where I've had to wait for five different elevators to come and go.

I can totally relate. I have cardiomyopathy and at the time we booked our first Med cruise, we did it because my prognosis was very grave. We planned the cruise thinking this would most likely be our last trip. My daughters did a great deal of planning with private vendors for excursions, explaining that it had to be laid back with the possibility that I might need to head back to the ship earlier depending on my fatigue and how I felt. I can't tell you how many elevators would open and be filled with scooters, wheelchairs etc, forcing me to wait again and again. My daughters had even said, if we can just get enough room for her, we will use the stairs. Can she get on, to which they would be told there wasn't room and I should take the stairs. I had forbidden them from saying how very sick I was. I even got on the elevator once, only to be asked to leave the elevator to make room for an elderly couple, which I did. On that one time, one of my daughters said, "NO. She not well and she's not getting off." To which one of the passengers said, "yeah, right." It's very frustrating. My condition has improved and I always remember that you don't always know if a person appearing healthy is really healthy. I keep in mind that karma usually sorts things out in the long run because what kind of person questions the health of someone else and what kind of person would lie about their health to get onto an elevator ?