Forgap & Rumor, Singapore-Sydney, Feb. 2-20, 2018--LIVE!

Mr Rumor

Captain Felice has just announced our second medical emergency of the cruise. The Voyager has done a 180 and we are headed back to Darwin as “one of our guests requires immediate medical attention.” Evacuation details are still being coordinated.

The captain promised an update tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Darwin Police boat rescue of the stricken passenger took place roughly 21 miles from Darwin at about 11:40 p.m. The Voyager sailed approximately 40 miles toward Darwin prior to the rescue. It was very encouraging to see the gentleman walk onto the boat with assistance. He and his wife are in our thoughts tonight.

As the police boat began to pull away, Captain Felipe’s amplified voice could be heard addressing the rescuers: “We appreciate your efforts.”

And we appreciate your efforts, captain, and those of every other staff and crew member who made this rescue possible.

197b99e7ed194561100bbf43191d66e5.jpg

Edited by Mr Rumor

From the So That’s How He Does It Department:

CD Ray Solaire is celebrating 49 years at sea this year. We first cruised with him six years ago and he appears as full of vim and vigor as when we first met him. I know he’s an avid lunch break walker in ports around the world. But I didn’t know his other vitality secret until a couple of mornings ago when I saw him on the Pool Deck and learned he has a standing 7 a.m. order with Joel the Juicer for a special health drink—his drink. Ray fans will appreciate the name he has given it: The Glorious Day.

The Glorious Day is made up of one apple, one carrot, one orange, spinach and ginger. I watched as Joel handed the greenish drink to Ray and the CD proceeded to down it in one long gulp!

“I’m religious about my morning drink,” Ray said. “It keeps me young!”

ef8bc1df1a51162feddd6034739eedc5.jpg

Our wonderful cruise just got a little more wonderful—Daniela is back! Our favorite F&B director, who joined the Voyager yesterday in Darwin, inspects the Pool Deck Indian Buffet with Executive Chef Hamsa.

4a93912c8465a6b8e9021d171a29cc92.jpg

Good news from Captain Felice—the evacuated passenger is improving. He remains in intensive care in the Darwin hospital.

Because of the fact that the Voyager’s maximum speed is 18.7 knots, the captain explained that it would not have been possible to make up the hours lost on the return to Darwin by the time we were due to anchor in Cooktown on Wednesday. Consequently that port has been cancelled, giving us a third sea day in a row. We are due to dock in Cairns on Thursday as scheduled.

Rich

Our wonderful cruise just got a little more wonderful—Daniela is back! Our favorite F&B director, who joined the Voyager yesterday in Darwin, inspects the Pool Deck Indian Buffet with Executive Chef Hamsa.

4a93912c8465a6b8e9021d171a29cc92.jpg

First, your report is great and really enjoying reading it from day to day. I also agree that Daniela is the best. We were lucky to have dinner with her on are first cruise on Regent last Oct/Nov. We were hoping she was going to be with us this April on the SS Mariner after the refit----if you see her around, let her know Rick & Ron said hello. Voyager's good luck, I've never seen anyone work so hard and seem to be everyplace. Rick & Ron

So happy to see Daniella's smiling face and can't wait to see her next month. She and Donald are our favorite F&B Directors and I recently learned that Donald mentored Daniella so it isn't surprising that she is excellent!!! If you have a chance, please send our love to her (and a hug if you would not be uncomfortable doing so). Thanks much!

So happy to see Daniella's smiling face and can't wait to see her next month. She and Donald are our favorite F&B Directors and I recently learned that Donald mentored Daniella so it isn't surprising that she is excellent!!! If you have a chance, please send our love to her (and a hug if you would not be uncomfortable doing so). Thanks much!

+1

Z and TB (Roberto and Pamela)

When we are onboard next month, my DH will have to try that drink. Sounds like his "cup of tea" (but not mine).

I go and get George his “drink” every morning. Not my thing. If I want to eat fruits and veggies, I eat the whole thing.

Give a hug to Daniela for you? I dunno, Jackie, Roberto and

TB, and Sheila, I’m kinda shy. . . OK, twist my arm!

1c39cc57d360b3761b21b8720487af3e.jpg

(Thanks to upcoming Regent photographer F. Patruno for the shot!)

At the Seven Seas Society Cocktail Party last night, CC Gudrun revealed the SSS numbers for our cruise. We have a total of 522 SSS members sailing, 12 of whom are Titanium, 38 of whom are Platinum, 179 of whom are Gold and 293 of whom are Silver.

So, no Diamonds (1,000 nights) or Commodores (2,000) this cruise, but Gudrun acknowledged a new friend of ours who is knocking on Diamond’s door with 959 nights.

Rich

I really love lazy sea days! We will have three in a row as we are missing Cooktown due the medical emergency that put us behind schedule. I’m glad Rich posted about the SSS cocktail party as I completely forgot about it! We were sipping champagne on our balcony killing time before our dinner at Chartreuse.

We are never eager to share tables but we struck up a conversation with another couple in the lounge with the same dining time and we all wanted to continue. Another couple joined us and we had the most delightful evening. Food in Chartreuse was delicious, but the conversation was so interesting, I barely concentrated on the food.

Give a hug to Daniela for you? I dunno, Jackie, Roberto and

TB, and Sheila, I’m kinda shy. . . OK, twist my arm!

1c39cc57d360b3761b21b8720487af3e.jpg

(Thanks to upcoming Regent photographer F. Patruno for the shot!)

At the Seven Seas Society Cocktail Party last night, CC Gudrun revealed the SSS numbers for our cruise. We have a total of 522 SSS members sailing, 12 of whom are Titanium, 38 of whom are Platinum, 179 of whom are Gold and 293 of whom are Silver.

So, no Diamonds (1,000 nights) or Commodores (2,000) this cruise, but Gudrun acknowledged a new friend of ours who is knocking on Diamond’s door with 959 nights.

Rich

A most adorable photo! But then we're working with adorables as subject matter....(giggle!)

Fun morning after a very serious lecture by High Neighbour on the middle eastern proxy wars between the Shi’a and the Sunni’s.

After the lecture we had the Regent Winter Olympic Games - officers vs. guests. It was lots of fun! Some pics so you can experience it yourselves.....

d90f584086e212ff95fbf8ff96127da3.jpg

e14cc8e5f01077d06f27496a4e8d8356.jpg

45f2ca63177dd08ce2266ba3f95f141d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just spent an enjoyable early morning hour catching up with your trip.

Your photo's are so atmospheric that I think I'm right there with you on your amazing trip and you have been treated to some amazing sunsets.

Thank you for taking the time to post from a Marmite loving Brit. Ps a teaspoonful does wonders to a beef casserole!

A brief observation on cocktails....last evening I had a vision of Hendricks gin, green Chartreuse and elderflower. I actually googled the ingredients and found a recipe called La Lumière. Our lovely French bartender in the Horizon Lounge made it and it was, indeed, good but a bit sweet. The culprit? We both agreed that the sweet and sour mix rather than fresh lime was the villain of the drink. I’ve posted before that this mix should be relegated to an under the sink cleaning product. Our mixologist said that limes are inconsistent around the world so they use the mix for consistency sake. At home I can buy fresh squeezed lime juice and I freeze it in ice cube trays. The taste changes a bit but it is still acceptable in a mixed drink. I would hope Regent could do the same!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk