Which (charging) Restaurant on Oasis Is Best?

SAHMof3

First time on RC. Sailed 8 times on Carnival. Have visited their steakhouse every time. Wanted to hear from others which extra restaurant on Oasis is worth the visit? We want to be "wow'd!" Chops, the Italian Restaurant, Japanese, etc. And what do you recommend there? We will probably go the first night ($20 night)

My dh really liked the Chops menu but we found it peculiar that they offer a 6oz filet and then an aged giant porterhouse. Am I looking at these restaurants wrong? Isn't this one a prix fixe? Or are all item different prices?

My dh really liked the Chops menu but we found it peculiar that they offer a 6oz filet and then an aged giant porterhouse. Am I looking at these restaurants wrong? Isn't this one a prix fixe? Or are all item different prices?

Chops has a fixed cover charge that includes most entrees. However, there are some entrees that cost extra, on top of the cover chanrge.

Just off. We ate at several specialty restaurants. Vintages. 150 Central. Izumi (lunch). Chops (lunch). Vintages has 3 excellent tapas packages 5,7 or 8, tapas dishes (more than enough for 2) with complimentary dessert. Also 3 different tasting flights of wine. We shared as DW isn't a big drinker. Service and food and tasting salts at 150 Central were excellent. For a free evening dining venue, go to the Solarium.

Is there somewhere we can see menus? I have no idea what the menu would be for 150 Central Park.

Diane

150Central Park menu:

Oasis of the Seas

The tenderloin for 2 is fabulous.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chef's Table. Hands down. But it's more of an upcharge than the other restaurants. Second best is 150CP. Then Giovanni's. Then Chops (which has only been "ok" the times I've been there on Oasis. Food's fine. Service is... We think it may be where they train the new people or something).

Chops. We were on Oasis last week and Chops was exceptional, in food,service and ambiance. We also went to 150 CP and I have vowed never again. The service was very poor, table was not set properly and we were seated for 45 mins before any one paid us any attention. Food was ok. Giovannis was fine, but my recommendation is Chops.

We usually like 150CP as the best (and like going since you don't find it on other ships) but were not as impressed the last time we were in there.

Food was "eh" and service slow. The couple that had the tenderloin for two next to us looked to be enjoying it very much however. We will order that the next time, should we go there.

Cute about the assortment of flavored salts. ;)