air to sea nightmare, need advice.

I took Beachin2's advice and contacted the gentleman in charge of air2sea operations. He responded very quickly and had someone call me almost immediately. This lady is now on getting it resolved. She was wonderful on the phone and very reassuring that this will be resolved ASAP. She said to let my mom know everything will be fine and to rest easy. I was also given her direct number in case I need to contact her. Very pleased with these developments so will just relax now knowing that it truly is being looked after. When I expressed concern that my mom could get bumped in Copenhagen and she assured me that would not happen and will provide me with a number to call if any issue arrives there. Truly couldn't ask for better customer service. I will post the final outcome when it's all done and want to thank everyone once again for your advice and support. Debbie

Air2Sea has to book extra seat under your Mom's name as if she were a 2nd passenger and they mark it out for a disabillity. If they won't do it then have them cancel the reservation and you book Air Canada albiet just the 2nd seat and have Air2Sea cover any additional costs.

Air2Sea has to book extra seat under your Mom's name as if she were a 2nd passenger and they mark it out for a disabillity. If they won't do it then have them cancel the reservation and you book Air Canada albiet just the 2nd seat and have Air2Sea cover any additional costs.

This is how it was done but the two seats one name was the issue.

Good Morning, just wanted to post a final update on our adventure. Janet at Royal/ Air2sea was true to her promise to have this all cleared up ASAP. She called me yesterday to let me know that they had gotten everything straightened out and was just waiting for seat assignment as she had instructed Air Canada to try to give my parents the same seats as before so we could all remain together. Not a real issue as having the seat issue fixed was the most important. She happily called me back later in the day to say that Air Canada had indeed booked the same seats for them.

She could not of been more wonderful. Janet gave me two emergency numbers to call if we have any issue but assured me there would not be as everything was done as it should of been. We will gladly move on from this little blip in our vacation plans and focus on the tough stuff like how much money should we take, what to pack and if we want to book that sushi making class. LOL

I want to thank everyone once again for all your advice and support and especially Beachin2 who gave me Brian's contact information as this was the info that helped get things going faster than they were. Happy cruising everyone, Debbie

So glad it worked out for you! And yes, take the sushi class! My DD and I did, and it was fun. We ended up with enough sushi to share with 2 more friends at lunch that day, and have bought the equipment to do it at home. Totally worth the small fee charged for the class.

I took Beachin2's advice and contacted the gentleman in charge of air2sea operations. He responded very quickly and had someone call me almost immediately. This lady is now on getting it resolved. She was wonderful on the phone and very reassuring that this will be resolved ASAP. She said to let my mom know everything will be fine and to rest easy. I was also given her direct number in case I need to contact her. Very pleased with these developments so will just relax now knowing that it truly is being looked after. When I expressed concern that my mom could get bumped in Copenhagen and she assured me that would not happen and will provide me with a number to call if any issue arrives there. Truly couldn't ask for better customer service. I will post the final outcome when it's all done and want to thank everyone once again for your advice and support. Debbie

Happy to hear this!

I have been following this thread since it started.

Your Mom must be so relieved to know that she will be able to comfortably fly with all of you for a great family vacation. Thanks for posting the final outcome.:)

Relieved is not even the word but yes she is feeling so much better about it all now.

So glad it worked out for you! And yes, take the sushi class! My DD and I did, and it was fun. We ended up with enough sushi to share with 2 more friends at lunch that day, and have bought the equipment to do it at home. Totally worth the small fee charged for the class.

Thanks for the info, I think we will do it for sure, sounds like fun and tasty too!

I want to thank everyone once again for all your advice and support and especially Beachin2 who gave me Brian's contact information as this was the info that helped get things going faster than they were. Happy cruising everyone, Debbie

So happy for you and your parents, Debbie.

Why we all love CruiseCritic and the (mostly) great members of this community!