Guy's Burgers lines.

whompfan

I have seen the longest lines for Guy's on embarkation day. I will go to the BBQ place then, if one is on the ship, before others "discover" it.

Honestly, it's just a greasy burger, and I could never figure out why the fuss? { Here's a link about his restaurant in Times Sq closing from the NY Post, a conservative tabloid: https://nypost.com/2018/01/04/good-riddance-to-guy-fieris-times-square-tourist-trap/ Obviously, the vast majority of Carnival cruisers swear by Guy's, and I will admit that his are better than what they had before. But it's just an 80/20 burger, not even bison.

Still the best burger at sea...... For the record, burgers are supposed to have the grease factor going...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Still the best burger at sea...... For the record, burgers are supposed to have the grease factor going...

Sad, isn't it?

I might stand in line for a filet mignon, but not a burger. Never had what they offered before as a burger, and have eaten maybe only 3 of Guy's burgers on my last 10 carnival cruisers, they're just not my preference. Don't think I've eaten a burger on any other line, Even ate my last Big Mac back in 1967 as a junior in high school, 50 years ago.

Obviously, the vast majority of Carnival cruisers swear by Guy's, and I will admit that his are better than what they had before. But it's just an 80/20 burger, not even bison.

I wouldn’t say I “swear by Guy’s” but I definitely enjoy them. I have no complaints about the quality or the grease, and think they are delicious.

Sad, isn't it?

I might stand in line for a filet mignon, but not a burger. Never had what they offered before as a burger, and have eaten maybe only 3 of Guy's burgers on my last 10 carnival cruisers, they're just not my preference. Don't think I've eaten a burger on any other line, Even ate my last Big Mac back in 1967 as a junior in high school, 50 years ago.

Lol, while I might not agree, my doctor probably would.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Being From KC, I hope you will agree that his BQ on Board is a Joke!!!:eek: Carnival would have do better to Franchise " A Bryant's or My Favorite "Gates"....Real KC BQ!!!!

Mike

STL

Problem is, that’s KC BBQ... what about other styles, like Carolina, Memphis or good ole Texas? There are too many variations of ‘Q to make everyone happy.

I have to say Pig & Anchor wasn’t the worst BBQ I’ve ever had, it just wasn’t that great.

Sad, isn't it?

Oh now Evandbob I often agree with your thoughts & opinions, but there, you’re just talkin’ hamburger heresy!!!

Give me a burger over a steak, 9 times out of 10! But then again, I’m a simple girl, with simple tastes I guess!

Being From KC, I hope you will agree that his BQ on Board is a Joke!!!:eek: Carnival would have do better to Franchise " A Bryant's or My Favorite "Gates"....Real KC BQ!!!!

Mike

STL

LOL....Guy Fieri? Barbecue???? I wouldnt want to touch it!

Others do not share you opinion.

Thats the great thing about opinions.....that everyone is entitled to their own...including you and I, and the people who have stayed away from his restaurants in hordes, causing them to fail. That said, there are people who do like his food as well. I think as I said, it’s mediocre at best.

The only time I've had more than a 5 - 10 minute wait is when waiting for more fries to be cooked. We typically skip Guy's Burgers on Embarkation Day, mainly because a bazillion other people all seem to want hamburgers when they board. I usually head to the Deli, where the line is very short. I'll get a wrap, and look for something at the buffet to have for lunch. There'll be plenty of opportunities to get a burger during the cruise.

Guy's Restaurants do not serve skinny, pressed well done burgers. His burgers are thick and juicy, not greasy, and should be served medium rare. Burgers cooked on a charbroiler are not greasy at all. Burgers cooked on a flat top pressed in it's own grease is another story. IMHO

Oh boy....here comes the self anointed burger judges just here to tell us how the burger doesn't meet their Michelin inspired taste.

Yay...we get it.:rolleyes:

And I'm surprised that the "responsibility" and "entitlement" judges aren't raving about how obese, diabetic and cardiac patients are ignoring their doctor's orders and indulging in free, greasy and totally unhealthy choices. They are raising health costs and everyone's health premiums so us in the dietary compliance chain have to pay more for their indulgences and transgressions. Burger Queens and Kings!

Man I reading this right before lunch and my tummy is whining. I'm going to try my 1st Guys burger on the Sunshine in Nov so it will be a long wait. Regardless if it is good or bad, I'll be able to say I tried one. Part of the fun cruising for us is trying different food. Best burger I ever had at sea was Royal burger on RCI during a sea day lunch in MDR. One of the best burgers I've had with grease rolling down my arm was in San Anotonio Texas, just outside the base gate at Lackland. It was a cholesterol artery blocker that tasted o'l so good.

KC BBQ is good but it is over rated.

You know, I used to live in Cinci, and still to this day I punish myself by keeping my Bengals season tix. I used to think that there were no ribs to match Montgomery Inn, but since moving to KC 9 years ago, I have come to realize that there are far, far better.

As far as ice cream goes, though, Graeters rules.

Who Dey!

Any other places generally open for lunch on embarkation day? Blue Iguana Cantina or the deli perhaps? We will be on the Breeze, if that makes any difference. I usually avoid the buffet in the Lido because I will eat too much. Need to save that for dinner :)

Any other places generally open for lunch on embarkation day? Blue Iguana Cantina or the deli perhaps? We will be on the Breeze, if that makes any difference. I usually avoid the buffet in the Lido because I will eat too much. Need to save that for dinner :)

The Lido buffet, Guys Burgers, Sea Dogs, Pig & Anchor, Cucina, Sushi (not sure if open on 1st day), Mongolian Wok, Blue Iguana, Deli, Pizza Pirate

It's horrible. They messed it uup on Magic. used to be 1 line, 3 cooks; now 2 lines 2 cooks. Never again.

Agreed. Visited multiple times on our trip in December and it was a minimum 10 min wait. They always seemed rushed and if you ordered something on the special menu it seemed to really slow things down and throw a wrench in their plans. Not impressed. Although burger quality beats Johnny Rockets on Royal. Fries were better too. But the overall process is just not the way it should be.

Agreed. Visited multiple times on our trip in December and it was a minimum 10 min wait. They always seemed rushed and if you ordered something on the special menu it seemed to really slow things down and throw a wrench in their plans. Not impressed. Although burger quality beats Johnny Rockets on Royal. Fries were better too. But the overall process is just not the way it should be.

So you have my interest, what might that better process be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums