Shore Excursion Credits Promo

MizDemeanor

How does this credit work? We just upgraded and are getting a $50.00 credit for each port but we have already booked some excursions on line under our previous cabin.

Does the cruise line automatically apply these port credits to our account or will we have to cancel or excursion and then rebook?

To clarify you only get the $50 credited to your account AFTER you have done the shorex, as said it is per cabin not per person. Also it is use it at each port or lose it; it cannot be "held over" from one port to another.

In general if you book and pay before you board it returns as non-refundable OBC (so has to be spent). The best way is to reserve your shorex through the Reservation Office when you pay through your folio on board then the $50 offsets against the actual cost.

As I said earlier ask Reservations as your situation is not the normal one.

I was told by shore-ex desk that they are refundable credits because I have already paid for excusions so the confusion abounds. They indicated they would send a check to my home.

Direct experience with these Excursion Credits would be most helpful to me. Thanks so far!

I was told by shore-ex desk that they are refundable credits because I have already paid for excusions so the confusion abounds. They indicated they would send a check to my home.

Direct experience with these Excursion Credits would be most helpful to me. Thanks so far!

Direct experience is that you should follow the instructions for the promotion. Once you deviate from that, no matter what “he said” or “she said” or what someone on “CC said”, you are at risk. Because what JoeSmoe said on CC, does not mean a thing when you lose money. Doesn’t matter what people have done or coned their way around in the past.

Promotions instructions: “Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.”

Promotions instructions: “Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.”

I did call this number as well, so Thank You for sharing that information.

FWIW, I was told 1)That the credits will be available on my account on a port by port basis as long as I booked an excrusion (I have two booked thus far) and 2) if there was any difference in what the cost was and what the promo credit is (not in my case) that I would be refunded that unused amount at the end of cruise. In my case the excusions were more than the credits but the credits will be there for me to use.

So it sounds like this will happen automatically, they confirmed this each time I have called now, and for me my agenda is that I will not have to wait on some line getting these details sorted out while on board.

One can only hope....

The objective is to have you book excursions and the savings do make it attractive to do so in certain instances. I am probably going to book one more excursion on line and see if the system knows, as it does with the Dining Packages when making specialty dining reservations prior to boarding, that something should be applied at time of cart payment.

If not we'll see when on board.

If it were me, I would cancel the excursions I currently had paid for. Ncl will refund the cc used to purchase in full fairly quickly. Then call the shore excursions number and rebook, pay onboard and ensure you get the credit. I’ve read accounts of the credit being issued as non refundable obc. If you already paid in advance then you have the non refundable credit that can’t be applied towards the excursions onboard because you already have them paid off. I would not want to deal with any hassle on vacation and I’ve read accounts of folks who do what you’re planning on and it didn’t work out to their satisfaction.

FYI- when looking at excursions available online- once you have booked something for a port, the other options typically disappear. Once canceled, all available excursions reappear.

FWIW, I was told 1)That the credits will be available on my account on a port by port basis as long as I booked an excursion (I have two booked thus far) I am probably going to book one more excursion on line and see if the system knows, as it does with the Dining Packages, that something should be applied at time of cart payment.If not we'll see when on board.

The $50 per port credit is not applied at the time of pre-payment online. You only receive it after you have taken the shore excursion. It goes on your on board account as a non refundable credit. Instead of pre-paying via your credit card, you can pre-book your excursions with the Shore Ex desk and pay the net amount due at the end of your cruise.

The $50 per port credit is not applied at the time of pre-payment online. You only receive it after you have taken the shore excursion. It goes on your on board account as a non refundable credit. Instead of pre-paying via your credit card, you can pre-book your excursions with the Shore Ex desk and pay the net amount due at the end of your cruise.

Ok let me find out more about this option then. I have been told three times this is refundable by the shore ex center, at least based on my circumstances.

One of my excursions is a cabana, which I will not cancel so as not to loose...

Ok let me find out more about this option then. I have been told three times this is refundable by the shore ex center, at least based on my circumstances.

One of my excursions is a cabana, which I will not cancel so as not to loose...

according to fine print aka the terms and conditions:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit:

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Ok let me find out more about this option then. I have been told three times this is refundable by the shore ex center, at least based on my circumstances. One of my excursions is a cabana, which I will not cancel so as not to lose.

I talked to the shore ex desk last week about the 3 excursions I prepaid online and the 3 new excursions I plan to book next week. They said all excursions must be prepaid or pre-booked. They will cancel and rebook my prepaid excursions and book the new ones and then all charges and credits will go to our onboard account.

Direct experience is that you should follow the instructions for the promotion. Once you deviate from that, no matter what “he said” or “she said” or what someone on “CC said”, you are at risk. Because what JoeSmoe said on CC, does not mean a thing when you lose money. Doesn’t matter what people have done or coned their way around in the past.

that is how I understand it as well. Unless it is a really high demand cruise, we just book when we get to the ship. We have both the excursion credit and our platinum discount for our next cruise.

Ok so I have called again and this might be one of those times when it is what it is. I have two options:

1) Leave as is and a credit will be on my onboard account which is how I have understood it each and every time.

2) Get a refund now of the full amount, my chosen excursions are held as though paid for/prebooked and I will pay on board at the net amount.

Since I've already paid via AmEx for the excursions, I am comfortable with what I have heard, with consistency from the shoreex desk, and I'll take my credits on board to be applied while on board, or refunded if unused. But I have plans....

I wish you all smooth salings and great fun! Thank you all so much for your interest in assiting me and with your guidance. Very much appreciated!

I

Except overnight in Bermuda then it's $50 per day (cannot combine for one big excursion)

Regarding Bermuda, we arrive at 5PM on the first day, overnight stay, day 3 we leave around 2PM -- so do we get 3 days of $50 per cabin shore excursion credits or only 2?

MARAPRINCE

We used the shore excursion credit on onecruise. As instructed, we called the phone number to book in advance but were not charged. When we completed the shore excursion at each port the full charge appeared on the onboard account followed by the credit. I remember the cost of one excursion being less than the credit but no refund of course. Actually, it worked quite well.

Regarding Bermuda, we arrive at 5PM on the first day, overnight stay, day 3 we leave around 2PM -- so do we get 3 days of $50 per cabin shore excursion credits or only 2?

MARAPRINCE

That's definitely an NCL question to be directed to the Shore Excursion Desk....... I don't see why it wouldn't be 3 because there are still sunset catamaran cruises you could take on Day 1

• 2 months later...

I want to report back that my experience has been such that the $50.00 credit was sposted to my account following my excursion as a Shore Excursion Credit.

So for anyone that has prepaid an excursion and later has received this perk, as we did, you should expect to receive this credit following excursion taken and note that it is in fact not listed on the account as Non-Refundable.

It is refundable.

I want to report back that my experience has been such that the $50.00 credit was sposted to my account following my excursion as a Shore Excursion Credit.

So for anyone that has prepaid an excursion and later has received this perk, as we did, you should expect to receive this credit following excursion taken and note that it is in fact not listed on the account as Non-Refundable.

It is refundable.

Thank you so much for coming back and giving us a first-hand account. I had pre-booked 4 excursions (one very expensive) online as dh did not want a large bill at the end of our Baltic cruise. I had also called the shorex desk 3 times, spoke to 3 different reps, and was told the same thing as you - the $50 credit would be posted to our account after the excursion as refundable credit.

Thank you so much for coming back and giving us a first-hand account. I had pre-booked 4 excursions (one very expensive) online as dh did not want a large bill at the end of our Baltic cruise. I had also called the shorex desk 3 times, spoke to 3 different reps, and was told the same thing as you - the $50 credit would be posted to our account after the excursion as refundable credit.

Yes, by next monring the credit was posted to the account.