B2B discount

Edinburghgirl1

Hi Sandra

I didn't realize that you could avail of a price drop in the UK. I thought it was only available in the USA or Canada.

Mary

Hi Mary

Sorry for the delay replying, I had missed your post.

This was before final payment and we booked directly with Celebrity UK.

I spoke to the person who had arranged the B2B discount which also had to be asked for.

Didn't expect much but thought I would have the conversation anyway and all ended well from my point of view.

I would not rely on it again but would certainly try.

Sandra

Edited by macsford
full information

We recently booked b2b 10 and 12 day Australia cruises while onboard the Reflection. Nothing was said about a b2b reduction, but when we returned home our TA got the discount for us - $120 per cruise.

We also have 7 day b2b cruises on the Edge, and received $60 per cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing on Solstice in July and are looking at a B2B cruise next year, does anyone have experience of booking B2B onboard? We’ve booked on board before but never a B2B cruise we’re based in the UK.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, CA Oceanfront said:

Has anyone had any experience in trying to obtain the B2B discount after final payment date, such as getting it in the form of OBC?

For my upcoming B2B, I asked about getting the discount AFTER final payment. The TA called Celebrity and I was given a $100 credit back on my credit card for each cruise.

• 8 months later...

Thought I'd update this thread.  My TA just confirmed the discount scheme:

BACK TO BACK DISCOUNTS

1-6  nights  $    0 per booking

7-9  nights  $  50 

10+ nights  $100

While I'm at it, here's Shareholder Credit scheme:

1-5    nights  $   50 per booking

6-13  nights  $100

14+   nights  $250 

BACK

Edited by cle-guy

30 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

Thought I'd update this thread.  My TA just confirmed the discount scheme:

BACK TO BACK DISCOUNTS

1-6  nights  $    0 per booking

7-9  nights  $  50 

10+ nights  $100

Correct. It's per leg and per stateroom. 

Edited by davekathy

On 2/19/2018 at 6:00 AM, Oneluckywoman said:

I am wondering if royal caribbean also gives back to back discounts. Does anyone know?

It is the same as Celebrity.  Sometimes.  Usually do B2B each year.  Celebrity after some pressure usually came thru with $50 per cruise.  Sometimes not.  My TA always gave extra OBCR on the second cruise.  Royal the same except for $100 once on each cruise.

Simply put ask.

19 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

It is the same as Celebrity.  Sometimes.  Usually do B2B each year.  Celebrity after some pressure usually came thru with $50 per cruise.  Sometimes not.  My TA always gave extra OBCR on the second cruise.  Royal the same except for $100 once on each cruise.

Simply put ask.

When I started booking B2B my TA told me no. Will have to ask again. Thank you.  

On 5/19/2020 at 8:53 AM, LorraineP said:

When I started booking B2B my TA told me no. Will have to ask again. Thank you.  

If you are talking about Celebrity and you cruise legs are 7 days or longer your TA is wrong and they need to follow up to get the appropriate discount applied to each leg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Wonder why Celebrity gives B2B discounts & RCL doesn’t. 

2 different companies, policies and rules.

Just like Captain's Club and C&A are separate and have different tiers and perks but cant collect the same points.

3 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

2 different companies, policies and rules.

Just like Captain's Club and C&A are separate and have different tiers and perks but cant collect the same points.

At least the CC and C&A programs are reciprocal up to elite and diamond.  

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

At least the CC and C&A programs are reciprocal up to elite and diamond.  

I guess to a point.  No discounted or free Internet on RCL, no diamond lounges on Celebrity, Cabnin mates allowed to participate in CC events on Celebrity, only C&A eligible members can participate in events and Diamond club.

I had never heard of this discount, but had never booked B2B cruises.  This raises a silly question in my mind: how do you define a B2B cruise?  What if you have 2 cruises, back to back but on different ships?  And what if there is a 2 day gap between the cruises?  I assume that, for purpose of this discount, only a B2B on the same ship counts.  But if anybody has explored this, let me know.

Tom & Judy

4 minutes ago, cle-guy said:

I guess to a point.  No discounted or free Internet on RCL, no diamond lounges on Celebrity, Cabnin mates allowed to participate in CC events on Celebrity, only C&A eligible members can participate in events and Diamond club.

Not my point. Reciprocal,diamond and above is equal(all perks/benefits) to elite and elite and above is equal(all perks and benefits) to diamond. Diamond members do get 24 hours (continuous) of free internet. Some perks/benefits are better with the CC program and some perks/benefits are better with the C&A program. For us  win, win as we cruise with both Celebrity and RC. 

9 minutes ago, TFree said:

I had never heard of this discount, but had never booked B2B cruises.  This raises a silly question in my mind: how do you define a B2B cruise?  What if you have 2 cruises, back to back but on different ships?  And what if there is a 2 day gap between the cruises?  I assume that, for purpose of this discount, only a B2B on the same ship counts.  But if anybody has explored this, let me know.

Tom & Judy

A B2B cruise is only on the same ship. Two different ships would not be considered a B2B cruise. Even a two day gap would not be a B2B cruise. Yes the B2B discount is only for the same ship with the same TAD.