No Sea Days!

blueshine

My guess is they are trying to help get some tourist dollars to Dominica. I am on the Fascination in May on a 'port every day' cruise that was supposed to stop in Dominica. We just received notice that we will be going to Antigua instead as Dominica will not be ready for tourists.

Great itinerary! I hope other cruise lines will follow.

Great that Dominica is back in the game.

If it is tiring for some people they can skip one or two islands and treat them as sea days, but other people will be able to enjoy more ports. Also you can make it 1/2 port days. Great choices!

My guess is they are trying to help get some tourist dollars to Dominica. I am on the Fascination in May on a 'port every day' cruise that was supposed to stop in Dominica. We just received notice that we will be going to Antigua instead as Dominica will not be ready for tourists.
Dominica is an independent country and independence is not the best thing in this situation.

Our private guide on Martinique stop told us that Martinique just stopped sending food and supplies to Dominica...but she felt they need more.

We did this same cruise (with the exception of Dominica which we visited and loved on another itinerary) nearly a year ago and LOVED IT! Great ports of call! San Juan is amazing for a departure port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this about seven or eight years ago on the Victory. Same itineraries but we went to Antigua instead of Saint Maarten. One of our very best cruises ever. Dominica is absolutely gorgeous. So lush and green. Also, as others have mentioned , if you don’t want to get off the boat you can stay on the boat for a day and at one of these ports you could just take a taxi to the beach. That doesn’t cost much. And you’ll actually be able to get a lounge chair.

What if you added a few days to your trip and enjoy San Juan afterwards? We added an extra night to our first cruise out of Miami. It was kinda nice to have a little vacation after the vacation. Helped ward off the cruise blues too!

We did this cruise years ago and they had just recently taken Domenica off the itinerary and made that a sea day. It was still a very busy cruise being so port intensive. We didn't stay up late partying at all because of having to get up early the next day for a port. It was one of our favorite cruises but we do like to have a couple sea days at least.

Its a long haul back from Barbados to San Juan. Didnt think could do that in one day. Either way have fun, done that route a couple times on a 7 day

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

You're right, that's not doable in one day. That's not the proper order they hit those ports. Barbados is somewhere in the middle. Barbados to San Juan is over 500nm straight-line, so that's more like 600nm with navigation. 24-30 hours cruise time at least.

You're right, that's not doable in one day. That's not the proper order they hit those ports. Barbados is somewhere in the middle. Barbados to San Juan is over 500nm straight-line, so that's more like 600nm with navigation. 24-30 hours cruise time at least.

Im boarding from Barbados in May and although not a cruise that's had the added port, we go to St Thomas after San Juan then a sea day which is where I guess the itinerary change is for those not getting a sea day

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...
No port cruises are known as transatlantic crossings--i would love to do one but wife insists on ports sigh--happy wife happy life--so naturally we cruise port intensive cruises

i'll trade you spouses. my husband wants ports and places to go and see and things to do. i just want a chair in the shade, a good book, nice drink, and to not have my whole day planned out.

What is a problem in turning a port day into seaday? :)

You will be docked near beautiful island.. majority will be off the ship.

Enjoy!

Not sure. If you prefer Sea days for "relaxation" there is no more relaxing time on the boat than when it is at port.

I did this 7 day cruise with no sea days, I loved it. One of my favorite vacations.

Not sure. If you prefer Sea days for "relaxation" there is no more relaxing time on the boat than when it is at port.

I did this 7 day cruise with no sea days, I loved it. One of my favorite vacations.

I personally prefer port days, but I'm talking about people who are upset about lack of seadays.

You can make ones, by not going ashore!

Less people on board, cheaper and emptier spa etc.