Upsell offered. What would you do?

Carol28

Well how do you get the upsell offers? We are on the Kdam, and there seems to be a big difference between Vista(what we have) and Neptune in size of cabin and much better bath with tub, which I really want.

We are at the highest category we can be before going up will that make a difference?

We are still 55 or so days out. I see where they have dropped the price on Signature suites on the web site.

Any advice?

Upsells originate at a dedicated department at HAL. You will get notified of upsell offers by either your PCC at HAL or your TA, depending on who you booked through.

As far as sizes, the Vista suites, of which there are 104 regular and 38 spa vista suites, are a few feet deeper, but not wider, than a verandah. Big difference is the bed and sitting areas are flipped on the Vista so the bed is closer to the balcony. Not really much bigger. Signature suites are 1.5 times the width of a verandah. Neptunes are 2 X the width of a verandah. Use HAL's website to see layouts and square footage.

If HAL has need to fill the Neptunes, they will offer upsells, but I can't tell you what the criteria is that determines who gets the upgrade. One thing you can do is make sure your booking is tagged as "willing to consider upsells", or something to that effect. Some folks book a specific room and are not interested in being offered upsells, and can so indicate on their booking. You can check on this by calling you PCC / TA.

Good luck getting an upsell offer, but it could be as close as the final week or two before sailing, and you have to be ready to jump if it is offered. First come, first served.

We took an upsell on the K'dam for a 21 day last November for 449.00 pp. Probably wouldn't do it again as there just isn't enough additional room to make it worth it, especially for shorter bookings. You also are not eligible for the double mariner day bonus with upsells. There are a lot more Signature suites on the Vista and Signature class ships, and they have the dual vanity, tub/shower configuration you want. Vista suites on the K'dam are really not much more than a Verandah in size or amenities.

We like the K'dam, especially for the food options, but prefer the stateroom options on the four Vista and two Pinnacle class ships.

Edited by jbecker6469
spell checked

Well how do you get the upsell offers? We are on the Kdam, and there seems to be a big difference between Vista(what we have) and Neptune in size of cabin and much better bath with tub, which I really want.

We are at the highest category we can be before going up will that make a difference?

We are still 55 or so days out. I see where they have dropped the price on Signature suites on the web site.

Any advice?

Yes, call them or your ta. It's easy.

Thank you, then I will wait patiently, or rather impatiently and hope we get an offer. I agree the Vista is not much different than regular, tho we do have an aft cabin. Thanks for your input.

Upsells originate at a dedicated department at HAL. You will get notified of upsell offers by either your PCC at HAL or your TA, depending on who you booked through.

As far as sizes, the Vista suites, of which there are 104 regular and 38 spa vista suites, are a few feet deeper, but not wider, than a verandah. Big difference is the bed and sitting areas are flipped on the Vista so the bed is closer to the balcony. Not really much bigger. Signature suites are 1.5 times the width of a verandah. Neptunes are 2 X the width of a verandah. Use HAL's website to see layouts and square footage.

If HAL has need to fill the Neptunes, they will offer upsells, but I can't tell you what the criteria is that determines who gets the upgrade. One thing you can do is make sure your booking is tagged as "willing to consider upsells", or something to that effect. Some folks book a specific room and are not interested in being offered upsells, and can so indicate on their booking. You can check on this by calling you PCC / TA.

Good luck getting an upsell offer, but it could be as close as the final week or two before sailing, and you have to be ready to jump if it is offered. First come, first served.

We took an upsell on the K'dam for a 21 day last November for 449.00 pp. Probably wouldn't do it again as there just isn't enough additional room to make it worth it, especially for shorter bookings. You also are not eligible for the double mariner day bonus with upsells. There are a lot more Signature suites on the Vista and Signature class ships, and they have the dual vanity, tub/shower configuration you want. Vista suites on the K'dam are really not much more than a Verandah in size or amenities.

We like the K'dam, especially for the food options, but prefer the stateroom options on the four Vista and two Pinnacle class ships.

Any advice?

We booked a Vista on the Koningsdam but took an upsell to a Neptune and though it was expensive, it was well worth it IMO as the Vistas are much smaller (remember that there are Signature suites in between those two categories on the Koningsdam).

• 2 weeks later...
I would do it for half that. Interesting that you received a low offer that far out. Mine came in at $349/pp 4 weeks out. Haven't seen another one and now we are 3 weeks out.

I just checked. It seems $349 is the magic number. All the Neptunes are sold out.

One week from sailing and I got another offer! I guess there must have been a cancellation. I took it this time. From an SS to an SA! I haven't told my husband yet. :)

We always get a Sig. Suite and book a specific cabin on deck 6. We too get the Neptune upsell offers and so far have never bitten. We love the Signature Suites and knowing what cabin we have and we are always afraid that if we take a Neptune we might not like the location because it seems like it is an upsell for a category only and not a specific cabin. We keep telling ourselves that someday we will spring for a NS but so far we have never seen the need.

One week from sailing and I got another offer! I guess there must have been a cancellation. I took it this time. From an SS to an SA! I haven't told my husband yet. :)

You will both love it! My DH wasn’t sure as it was a substantial sum of money, but now he agrees it was well worth it! Enjoy!

Congrats :) :) so happy for you:D