have you ever worn elegant attire on a casual evening?

muffyn

i want pics taken on a non-elegent/formal night in a specific dress on a casual night. have you or seen anyone do this? (this is pretty dressy but have something else for the elegant night)

I know I know, who cares what others think,

with all the "I dont wear formal on formal" posts just wondering..

plus do you know if they have photographers set up everynight? ( they would have to right? big money maker)

You would think so. We are sailing Carnival for the first time in August so I couldn't tell you for sure. We did this one night on NCL as my wife actually booked a photo shoot in the portrait studio in the Escape. The photographers there said they recommend people get photos taken in the first few days before they get sunburn and worn out looking from too much fun. lol.

BTW, I would recommend the portrait studio experience once or twice. But not regularly. I had no idea what my wife got us into until we attended "the showing" of our photos and picked out our photo package. Little more than I would have liked to spend but we have some very nice canvas prints.

This past cruise, January 20th was our anniversary. We wanted to dress up for our day and have pictures taken. Almost every night they had different back drops available for taking pictures. I think they called it "casual"something. We had no problem finding appropriate back drops. There are always others that are dressed nicely, not that that matters. We also ate in the steak house this particular evening and other diners were dressed nicely as well.

Hope this helps!

You would think so. We are sailing Carnival for the first time in August so I couldn't tell you for sure. We did this one night on NCL as my wife actually booked a photo shoot in the portrait studio in the Escape. The photographers there said they recommend people get photos taken in the first few days before they get sunburn and worn out looking from too much fun. lol.

BTW, I would recommend the portrait studio experience once or twice. But not regularly. I had no idea what my wife got us into until we attended "the showing" of our photos and picked out our photo package. Little more than I would have liked to spend but we have some very nice canvas prints.

We also did one sunset appointment with the special photographer. I new it was going to be a pricey one, since my son had just done a shoot back in October. We ended up buying 3 beautiful 8X10s. The pictures were stunning. I couldn't believe I was looking at pictures of myself and my DH. I could have bought many more, but didn't have it in the budget. I highly recommend sunset for your appointment vs inside the studio. You can do inside any where, but the pictures you get on the ship with the lighting etc is breathtaking.

Yes, they will have photographers set up on quite a few nights. I had my son's portrait taken in front of the "gold shimmer" background - I wanted it for the canvas print so that he has a framed picture of himself, and it came out stunning despite the problem that occurred the day before it was taken, which leads to your other question ....

We had planned to go to formal night and then do the fancy-photos. Well we had a beach day in Cabo that day, less than 2 hours and it was Thanksgiving day so not hot at all, we get back on the ship and about to get ready for the formal dinner and dress-up, and my son starts the big V, and running a massive temp. That put paid to all plans as we sat in the cabin caring for him and cooling him down. Next evening we were all dressed up for dinner (and the only ones as such) and we did get our fancy photos taken after all.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being the best dressed on any given night. I still remember meeting my hubby in Hawaii while he was on a business trip. It was his birthday, so I wore a dress that he liked. We ate at a bonanza-style restaurant - very casual steakhouse. The wife of one of his business associates commented to me that I was overdressed. My external response was along the lines of oh well, my response inside my head was well, I look better than you. It doesn't bother me a bit to look back at those pics and I'm actually glad I dressed up.

i want pics taken on a non-elegent/formal night in a specific dress on a casual night. have you or seen anyone do this? (this is pretty dressy but have something else for the elegant night)

plus do you know if they have photographers set up everynight? ( they would have to right? big money maker)

I wore a dress every night to dinner on our recent cruise. I did go fancier for elegant nights than other nights, but I still enjoyed dressing up every night. I wore a fancier dress on a non-elegant night because it was Valentine's Day. I saw at least one other lady that was a couple tables away from us that dressed up every night as well.

I think you should absolutely wear whatever you wish to have pictures taken in. You can always change later if you feel out of place.

There were photo ops every night on our cruise.

By Carnival standards my family is dressed to elegant protocol every night. The men are in kakhis and polos and I am in either a dress or slacks and a blouse. Would I wear an evening gown and tux? Absolutely not because we don't wear it on Carnival ever. Princess, sure thing.

There’s nothing wrong with looking nice at dinner! If you are only really wanting to dress for the photos, you could always take your photos then change back to something more casual for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also did one sunset appointment with the special photographer. I new it was going to be a pricey one, since my son had just done a shoot back in October. We ended up buying 3 beautiful 8X10s. The pictures were stunning. I couldn't believe I was looking at pictures of myself and my DH. I could have bought many more, but didn't have it in the budget. I highly recommend sunset for your appointment vs inside the studio. You can do inside any where, but the pictures you get on the ship with the lighting etc is breathtaking.

I agree on the quality you get. It is a splurge and a little more than you would pay for a photographer on land but it was a fun part of vacation for us. I actually enjoyed the shoot, which took and hour, before dinner the second night. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking to get family pictures taken. For our's, they shipped the canvas pictures to us after the cruise. A few had slight smudges in the printing and I called and they resent new ones. So now we have two sets. lol. And the first aren't really that bad in terms of the smudges. They also included all the pictures they took in hi res digital format on an external drive they sent home with us as part of the package.

You will see passengers dressed up and dressed down on both "cruise casual" and "cruise elegant" nights. Don't worry at all about fitting in. "Formal" hasn't been stated in Carnival's dress suggestions in several years. There will be photographers set up with varying backgrounds throughout your cruise. Since you're not obligated to purchase any of the photos you decide to sit for, feel free to dress each night and have as many photos taken in front of different backgrounds as you like, and then pick from the photos you like most. You'll get the most from your photo ops that way. You'll enjoy those photos for years to come.

Have a great cruise!