Celebrity speciality dining packages no longer showing on website.

Sonoma fans

went onto the web site to book a 5 night speciality dining package for our 4/30/18 Dublin/Iceland cruise but the packages were not listed, I also Che Ken our other cruises in 2019 and same thing. I do not believe it is because the packages are sold out as you can book individual restaurants at full cost. Anyone else having this same issue?

Instead of logging in and going to "My Reservations" then to "Manage My Reservation" and then to dining, thy the following. Maybe it'll work. I have several shore excursions and beverages packages that don't show up the previous way. Instead, DO NOT LOG IN. Go to the menu on the left hand side of the page. Scroll down to "Cruise Planner" and click on it. DO NOT ENTER YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD. Instead, click the box that says "Find Reservation". Enter your Reservation #, Name, Ship and Sail Date, then uncheck the box that says remember me and click "Find Reservation". You will then be at what looks like the same place you were before, but for some inexplicable reason my beverage packages and excursions show up. Try making your purchases there.

Tried again today in case , as suggested, they mess with the website at the weekend, and still no speciality dining packages listed. The individual restaurants are listed with the usual price but no packages. Wondering if someone in the US might call Celebrity to find out if the packages are still available as it's a bit too expensive to call from the UK and the office here never seems to be sure what Miami are doing !

I spoke with Celebrity on the phone on Friday since I was having a massive issue trying to book the dining package online - I requested that they book it for me and they were unable to book it either. The nice lady I was speaking with was rather perplexed, but did mention it was the second time that it happened that day. She put me on hold for a few minutes, came back and said she and someone she was working with had tried to book it on a number of sailings and was unable to. She asked if I'd like to hold while she called IT, I told her that was ok, but I appreciated her looking into it.

This was around 4:30pm on Friday. I'd say by 6:00-7:00pm that evening they were removed from the website (based on us checking). I figured it was another IT challenge and chalked it up to that. I wouldn't expect it to be resolved until sometime later today/this week since it was a weekend for Miami until now.

Hopefully that helps some.

I noticed it since Friday, because I want to book a 3-night package for the Eclipse on March 18, they told me that maybe it was because everything was sold out, I told them this is not possible for my 2019 cruises, the packages are not there either. They did not know what to answer.

It is not known if they were removed and are no longer for sale or another failure of the celebrity website

DH had called Celebrity customer service and asked about a dining package and availability--was told by TWO different folks it was available BUT had to be booked ON the ship.

So the 18th we arrive--go to maitre D to book after lunch in MDR and are told--No--had to be booked by website.

Head to Guest Services with a print out of the page and tell the story-- That man sends us to Murano.

Head to Murano and get a passive aggressive patronizing excuse from a woman who tells us there is Nothing they can do.

Head to Sky Lounge for sail away and DH fires off an email to corporate rating the customer service and saying that there is No Excuse....

Got no response.

DH spoke with Concierge at the Helo-pad get together--and she arranged for us to have just a 3 nighter..but it was something.

Very disappointing.

Tried again today in case , as suggested, they mess with the website at the weekend, and still no speciality dining packages listed. The individual restaurants are listed with the usual price but no packages. Wondering if someone in the US might call Celebrity to find out if the packages are still available as it's a bit too expensive to call from the UK and the office here never seems to be sure what Miami are doing !

I will give it a go and report back here.

I just spoke with someone at X who:

- said he hadn’t heard about the problem, and

- wanted my password so he could log in as me to investigate the issue.

I said no, thanked him for his time, and ended the call.

The last time I went through this sort of discussion with X, I spent a large part of an hour on hold, received no resolution to my issue, and had to create a new password for my account. Sorry, lovescarborough. I’m going to wait a day or two in the hope the packages will reappear. If they don’t, I’ll be spending less money on specialty dining for my next cruise!

BTW I don’t see dining packages for either my June or December cruise, regardless of whether I’m logged in or not. I’ve also checked using three browsers, Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Edited by Silkroad

I just spoke with someone at X who:

- said he hadn’t heard about the problem, and

- wanted my password so he could log in as me to investigate the issue.

I said no, thanked him for his time, and ended the call.

The last time I went through this sort of discussion with X, I spent a large part of an hour on hold, received no resolution to my issue, and had to create a new password for my account. Sorry, lovescarborough. I’m going to wait a day or two in the hope the packages will reappear. If they don’t, I’ll be spending less money on specialty dining for my next cruise!

BTW I don’t see dining packages for either my June or December cruise, regardless of whether I’m logged in or not. I’ve also checked using three browsers, Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Thanks for trying ! It really is unbelievable that the customer facing staff don't know what is going on. Personally it would make me reconsider future cruises with Celebrity if the speciality restaurants were only available at the high individual prices. We find the food in the MDR has deteriorated to either poor or just acceptable over the last few years. We used the dining package for most of our dinners on our last three trips. We have used Aqua Class in the past but higher prices and a little boredom with the same menus brought us back to using balcony cabins combined with speciality restaurants. Even though we are now Elite Plus on Celebrity and do like the perks associated there comes a time when we have to look at other cruise lines or land based trips.

800-722-5941 is the cruise enhancement department (press #2 for specialty dining). Just wondering if people have been calling that number or general Celebrity reservations and/or the Captain's Club. I would hope and think the folks at the specialty dining line might at least know what's going on???

Quick update to this. Called Captians Club this evening as I had two questions/items I was trying to resolve. I was able to book a dining package by phone and have received confirmation. Their thought is website glitch... hopefully they show back up online. I will say that other than a brief hold, it was a painless process.

Thanks for trying ! It really is unbelievable that the customer facing staff don't know what is going on. Personally it would make me reconsider future cruises with Celebrity if the speciality restaurants were only available at the high individual prices. We find the food in the MDR has deteriorated to either poor or just acceptable over the last few years. We used the dining package for most of our dinners on our last three trips. We have used Aqua Class in the past but higher prices and a little boredom with the same menus brought us back to using balcony cabins combined with speciality restaurants. Even though we are now Elite Plus on Celebrity and do like the perks associated there comes a time when we have to look at other cruise lines or land based trips.

You’re welcome:). I suspect this is merely another IT glitch. I called Captain’s Club, by the way, but I’m not sure the person I reached was really a Captain’s Club rep. When they’re very busy, overflow goes elsewhere, probably to the main customer service group. I had planned to purchase a package for our next cruise (in part to celebrate our anniversary in Murano) but we’ll survive in the MDR and OVC if Celebrity doesn’t want our specialty dining dollars. The beverage package will help to ameliorate our sorrow lol:D. DH is still over the moon now that Guinness is on the Classic package.

Quick update to this. Called Captians Club this evening as I had two questions/items I was trying to resolve. I was able to book a dining package by phone and have received confirmation. Their thought is website glitch... hopefully they show back up online. I will say that other than a brief hold, it was a painless process.

Thanks for the update! It sounds as though you reached the real Captain’s Club, or at least an experienced rep, since your experience is similar to the ones I typically have with them:).

re Website "glitch"... in the last mos to work on our recent sailing and print luggage tags I was told that I could not work through the Captains Club portal..

and had to do it outside the portal..and start outside the reservations

ridiculous

Was never able to access it--had to call and have someone email use the "booklet" so I could print our luggage tags.

The X website is horrible....

AND there is no excuse for any Guest Services person to Not have the accurate info on specialty dining etc... If we can speak to 2 people--- who can see it on the screen-- WHY is this different from what the crew on the boats are saying????

This is not a common glitch, it is deliberate. If it were really a glitch, they should have fired the IT, too many problems and very frequent. the phones must be saturated with angry people, etc. 5 days and counting.

I work in IT and a common phrase is computers are not wrong the one who is wrong is the a... that is on the keyboard.

No packages available for 2/2019 but it does allow me to make a reservation for each night if you pay per restaurant individually. I’ve never noticed that option before but we have always had a package. Has this always been the case? I suppose that would explain why we had difficulty making reservations at 11am on boarding day. We got into the 4 restaurants we wanted but had to be very flexible on days and times.

Perhaps it does have something to do with the Edge dining announcement tomorrow and larger changes are to come...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just checked and they is back for my sailing (3-7 night dining packages). They *were not* there yesterday.

Normal view. Log in > select Reservations > Manage Reservation > Cruise Planner > Dining & Beverage.

I'm assuming this was (as most have been) an IT "feature".