First to board for purchase

antsp

I whole heartedly agree with you! They have just so diluted our Elite benefit that we all spent so much money earning.

I think we need to see where this new group will be slotted in for boarding. If they are above Elite, then it would certainly be lowering the value of the priority boarding for Elites. if it is just one more split out of people in the general group than I don't care.

We got nickle-and-dimed to death on Norwegian... Half the shows cost $35-50pp, most of the dining rooms had regular restaurant menu pricing, the on-board app (just to text other pax) was $10 per device.

They promote a pick 3/4/5 whatever in the booking, i.e. 3 dinners or 3 shows. People rush to book their freebies the minute they board, so first-timers can't even get in. We waited until (gasp!) the first morning aboard to book shows on a 7 day cruise... and could only get one. Dining rooms claimed to be fully booked/ no available reservations, but were then half empty. Apparently, experienced NCL pax will book multiple shows/dining rooms, just in case, and then just don't show... only get charged when you show up.

Perhaps the next thing to offer for a fee will be a priority ljne for anytime dining ... or a fee for reservations for anytime ... or a charge to seat traditional diners in anytime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

How about charging to reaerve seating fir the shows? You get the point ... the po$$ibilitie$ are endle$$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

A promotional video with their VP of marketing & sales boasted that ***** would allow pre-booking show reservations. There was no mention if there would be a fee but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Princess response on Twitter:

There is a test program and space will be extremely limited. Also, Advance Boarding guests will not board until after Elite and Platinum guests, and guests traveling in Full Suite or Club Class Mini-Suite accommodations.

Maybe it’s another weekend change to their website that is not fully functional yet. Or possibly it’s being tested at one port. There’s not enough information yet to determine if or when this charge would be implemented at all ports fleetwide.

However based on these posts, it’s obviously planned for some cruises. With so many priority boarding passengers (elite, platinum, suite, BVE, wedding) the addition of a paid priority boarding option is a bad decision. Our Royal TA last Fall had 1500 elite plus many platinum passengers which meant over half of the passengers had priority boarding.

Princess doesn’t need a Carnival Faster To The Fun paid priority boarding to further dilute this Captain’s Circle benefit.

Agree totally however sure starting to look like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we need to see where this new group will be slotted in for boarding. If they are above Elite, then it would certainly be lowering the value of the priority boarding for Elites. if it is just one more split out of people in the general group than I don't care.

That is true!

We got nickle-and-dimed to death on Norwegian... Half the shows cost $35-50pp, most of the dining rooms had regular restaurant menu pricing, the on-board app (just to text other pax) was $10 per device.

They promote a pick 3/4/5 whatever in the booking, i.e. 3 dinners or 3 shows. People rush to book their freebies the minute they board, so first-timers can't even get in. We waited until (gasp!) the first morning aboard to book shows on a 7 day cruise... and could only get one. Dining rooms claimed to be fully booked/ no available reservations, but were then half empty. Apparently, experienced NCL pax will book multiple shows/dining rooms, just in case, and then just don't show... only get charged when you show up.

And this is exactly why we don't cruise NCL. I looked at them in the era where it seemed like EVERYTHING was an upcharge. I like the "all inclusive" experience, not feeling like I have to pay for everything. I also rejected a ship that had 14 restaurants, but only 3 of them were included in the regular ticket; 11 had upcharges. Sorry, I don't mind choosing to go to a specialty restaurant one night in a 7 night cruise; that is a choice. But I don't like feeling that the "regular" food is second rate and boring and "all the good stuff" is in the upcharge locations.

There is a test program and space will be extremely limited. Also, Advance Boarding guests will not board until after Elite and Platinum guests, and guests traveling in Full Suite or Club Class Mini-Suite accommodations.

Interesting. Okay if they keep it that way, but how long will it be until they offer the "super deluxe boarding package" where you jump to the front of the line before the handicapped passengers and get first dibs at The Sanctuary and the new pay-for-the-shows reserve seating?

Interesting. Okay if they keep it that way, but how long will it be until they offer the "super deluxe boarding package" where you jump to the front of the line before the handicapped passengers and get first dibs at The Sanctuary and the new pay-for-the-shows reserve seating?

Based on the Princess Twitter reply boarding order will be the same as with Carnival’s FTTF program: “FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations”.

According to the Princess web site' date=' they will board right before the general group--after anyone who now holds a reason for priority boarding.

However, there is often a difference between what is written and what happens at the port.[/quote']

Princess is now giving out boarding cards and then take them from you as you board in Fort Lauderdale. They did this with our December Regal sailing out of Terminal 2 and well as our February Crown sailing out of Terminal 4. We got Elite group 1 as we were one of the first in line for both, our friends got Elite 1 for their cruise in December but Elite group 2 for their Regal sailing they are currently on because they got to the port a bit later this time around.

I would assume there are cards for the BVE, Platinum, Suite and CC Mini as well as any other boarding groups. It should help from there being a difference between their policy and what actually happens.

We found a much more streamlined boarding experience both times which was really nice, especially at Terminal 2. They have done a great job and are making some positive changes so you can get out of the heat and into the terminal in a much shorter time.

Princess is now giving out boarding cards and then take them from you as you board in Fort Lauderdale. They did this with our December Regal sailing out of Terminal 2 and well as our February Crown sailing out of Terminal 4. We got Elite group 1 as we were one of the first in line for both, our friends got Elite 1 for their cruise in December but Elite group 2 for their Regal sailing they are currently on because they got to the port a bit later this time around.

I would assume there are cards for the BVE, Platinum, Suite and CC Mini as well as any other boarding groups. It should help from there being a difference between their policy and what actually happens.

We found a much more streamlined boarding experience both times which was really nice, especially at Terminal 2. They have done a great job and are making some positive changes so you can get out of the heat and into the terminal in a much shorter time.

Good to hear. It's getting close to "packing time" at my house. We've done several Princess cruises, but our only Port Everglades experience was an emergency Disney embarkation. Needless to say, that was a mess.

Good to hear. It's getting close to "packing time" at my house. We've done several Princess cruises' date=' but our only Port Everglades experience was an emergency Disney embarkation. Needless to say, that was a mess.[/quote']

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

I remember reading that you were doing a suite for the first time. You will love it. We done suites on quite a few of our sailings and have always enjoyed them.

Fortunately for me, I prefer to maximize my time in most port cities before I board, so I tend to board late. Boarded late for my Med cruise last September (so much so that they were already tearing down most of the check in setup, but I was well before the cutoff time for check in). Not planning on boarding early for two cruises later this month either. Much prefer to spend my time exploring Sydney than sitting on the ship that is docked. Fortunately I am in the minority so my check in takes a very short time with no lines!

Fortunately for me, I prefer to maximize my time in most port cities before I board, so I tend to board late. Boarded late for my Med cruise last September (so much so that they were already tearing down most of the check in setup, but I was well before the cutoff time for check in). Not planning on boarding early for two cruises later this month either. Much prefer to spend my time exploring Sydney than sitting on the ship that is docked. Fortunately I am in the minority so my check in takes a very short time with no lines!

I don't blame you. If I was boarding some place else besides close to my home, I would do the same thing.

We are platinum... Why in the heck would we have to WAIT to board after all other Elite and Platinum guests if we were to do a BVE... That one comment regarding this order really confuses me.

Also, regarding that Twitter comment... if this so-called priority boarding is only after special/wedding parties, BVE, Elite, Platinum.... I don't see how it could be worth much.

WHAT is Princess even thinking!

Right now, we do not have anyone lined up who could do BVE on our cruise later this year.

But, I will admit (you can hate me for this, that's okay!) I would consider purchasing this early boarding, if it would guarantee me boarding before other Platinum guests. One reason would be my desire to find availability for the Sanctuary and/or Cabana rentals. There would possibly be many Back-to-Back cruisers who would have most of these slots pre-booked.

How early did you get to the port to get Elite 1? We are Elite and sailing on the CB, but not sure what terminal she departs from. Just wondering how early we need to plan to leave the hotel.

I looked at the Cruise Personalizer for my coming cruise. I did NOT have this new boarding option offered. I am Elite, so it makes sense that I would not be offered it.

I am Elite also, as as noted early on in this forum - have it available in my cruise personalizer. ..

So far, for their test phase, I'm not sure it matters what our Captain's Circle level may be...