Is it tacky to bring my Yeti?

Megan_Strick

I am a "to each their own" kind of person so I really don't care what others do with their lives....but TO ME I find it tacky because to me it screams "I am too cheap to buy a drink so I have made my own to save a few bucks" now that might not be the case for every yeti carrier or even most but that's how I look at it....I am not well off and don't throw money around in the "real" world but I do think while on "vacation" we should splurge and treat ourselves a bit and if you pay $12 for a drink so be it...you worked hard and deserve it...its sorta like coupons....nothing wrong with them but if I was on a first date with a guy and he busted one out I'd find that tacky and assume he's cheap.....be it the case or not.....

I own Carnival travel mugs that I've bought on board. How is bringing your own so that you don't have to go get more water/tea/lemonade all the time any different?

I'll be on my first cruise in October. I plan on bringing both my 64 oz and 32 oz thermal mugs. They go pretty much everywhere I go. I use the 64 for water and the 32 for herbal tea that I make in the morning and sip on all day. I don't drink alcohol or sodas. I hope I can get really hot water for the tea on board since they won't let me bring my electric pot.

I love the mango whatever juice in the mornings and would like to fill up a cut to save and have throughout the day. Is it ok to bring my Yeti? Also, I have bottomless bubbles. Will they fill it up with soda or will I only get one at a time still?

Lots of people bring there bigger cups.

We bring our Tervis cups-and yes, they fill my husband's 24 oz cup with soda all the way when he goes up with his cup and his soda package. I think they figure that they can either do that, or he'll just come back in a few minutes for another (and it probably doesn't hurt that he tips cash on every soda).

I'll probably bring my Walmart version of the Yeti this year, I've gotten a little attached to it since I bring it to work every day. I just really like my water really cold, and that's the best way to keep it that way. I don't care if it's tacky, there's a lot of other tacky things people do, I guess this is my thing.

I don't care what anyone does, and i don't think it's tacky... however I do find it somewhat sad. We've all let beverage companies condition us as a county that 20 oz is small, and we NEED 32 ounce drinks 10 times a day in order to function. That said, do whatever you want, it's your vacation.

I'll be on my first cruise in October. I plan on bringing both my 64 oz and 32 oz thermal mugs. They go pretty much everywhere I go. I use the 64 for water and the 32 for herbal tea that I make in the morning and sip on all day. I don't drink alcohol or sodas. I hope I can get really hot water for the tea on board since they won't let me bring my electric pot.

Bring a heating coil, takes up very little space. Just be careful it's immersed before plugging in and unplug before removal or it'll die instantly.

I plan on bringing my Yeti this summer. I don't think it's tacky. Less trips to the bar or room.

You have spent the extra money to buy the original! Now if you walk around with the Walmart knockoff off the Yeti, then yes that's tacky. Yeti owners can spot the knockoffs a mile away. It's like driving a Lexus vs. Toyota.

By the way I own both. I bring a walmart knockoff to work everyday. They both perform exactly the same. lol.

Side note: If you're implying that a Toyota is a knockoff of a Lexus, I hope you know that Lexus is owned and made by Toyota. Now back to the main thread.

I plan on bringing my Yeti this summer. I don't think it's tacky. Less trips to the bar or room.

You have spent the extra money to buy the original! Now if you walk around with the Walmart knockoff off the Yeti, then yes that's tacky. Yeti owners can spot the knockoffs a mile away. It's like driving a Lexus vs. Toyota.

By the way I own both. I bring a walmart knockoff to work everyday. They both perform exactly the same. lol.

LOL.....like a damn cup is some sort of status symbol. I've heard it all.

I love the mango whatever juice in the mornings and would like to fill up a cut to save and have throughout the day. Is it ok to bring my Yeti? Also, I have bottomless bubbles. Will they fill it up with soda or will I only get one at a time still?

IMHO-Absolutely nothing wrong with bringing it!!:) I got one as a gift three years ago and have taken it on every cruise SINCE ! (Because I will NOT drink 'luke warm' coffee.:eek: While the coffee onboard straight out isn't really HOT enough for me, it's still better staying warmer in my Yeti, than sitting there cooling in my coffee cup !Yuck:confused: In fact, at home I ALWAYS pour my coffee straight from the carafe into a safe microwavable container, then into the microwave for about a minute, THEN transfer into my Yeti. Now THAT is HOT !! Yum Yum. ! The ONLY place I don't take it, is the MDR and steakhouse ( and heck, they probably wouldn't care, BUT my wife says,'SOME might stare,' ) Sooo I don't drink coffee at either place, just go down to the Windjammer after either for coffee and desert .

Mac

Mac

A proud tacky person here! 30oz'r in hand (even on elegant night) *gasp*

Oh no. Now the elegance factor will be ruined and everything I eat at my table won't taste right, all because I have to look at your ugly cup. Just kidding.

We always bring travel mugs and fill them with ice water. We take them with us in ports every day and I keep one next to the bed at night. I'm not sure why anyone would find it tacky. Carnival sells and gives away travel mugs (as platinum gifts) anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am a "to each their own" kind of person so I really don't care what others do with their lives....but TO ME I find it tacky because to me it screams "I am too cheap to buy a drink so I have made my own to save a few bucks" now that might not be the case for every yeti carrier or even most but that's how I look at it....I am not well off and don't throw money around in the "real" world but I do think while on "vacation" we should splurge and treat ourselves a bit and if you pay $12 for a drink so be it...you worked hard and deserve it...its sorta like coupons....nothing wrong with them but if I was on a first date with a guy and he busted one out I'd find that tacky and assume he's cheap.....be it the case or not.....

"to each their own" would mean that you wouldn't put down someone else for what they do. Cheap to me is not paying your fair share or expecting someone to pay for you. What you described, I would call thrifty.

• Like 1