Be warned of NCL website saying they didn't charge your credit card, but they do.

scomar

I was simply trying to order some bottle water for our cabin through NCL's website. Ordered it with my debit card and the site said my card was declined and was not charged. OK, something went wrong as I just used my card online and it went through fine on another site. So, I tried again and same result. Well maybe something is wrong with my debit card and will have to call the bank. No problem, I will use my credit card to order, but noooooooooo, the same result.

So, just to be sure I went to my checking account website and checked my recent activity and what do I see? Two charges from NCL for the bottle water. Then I checked my credit card activity and boom, there is a charge from NCL for water.:mad::mad::mad:

I called and talked with customer service, which took off the two charges on my checking account, why the checking account you ask, because they do not have the technical expertise to see what charges were charged to which card, really it is 2018!! I told them about the entire situation, saying you should shut down the purchasing part of the website until they fix it. I said there maybe people out there that aren't being diligent about checking their accounts and NCL will end up with a real mess not to mention very mad customers. This was March 19, 2018.

Well today (March 24, 2018) I went to prepay my gratuities since the price is going up and the exact same thing happened. I did see it posted on my credit card and it shows up in my summary, but still said it did not go through on the screen once the purchase was completed.

If this has happened to you check your accounts for charges, because NCL doesn't care at all about this system malfunction. Love their ships and staff on the ships, but the technical side of NCL sucks!!!!!:mad:

...because NCL doesn't care at all about this system malfunction. Love their ships and staff on the ships, but the technical side of NCL sucks!!!!!:mad:

Oh good grief. They probably care, but recognize it as the minor inconvenience it is, and not a big thing like you’re making it. Breathe.

Things happen.

Yes things happen, but after telling the company about it, especially when it concerns people's money, and nothing was done to correct it, it is no longer a "things happen". This is a major corporation and this could of been easily fixed after they were told, but nothing was done!!!

Oh good grief. They probably care, but recognize it as the minor inconvenience it is, and not a big thing like you’re making it. Breathe.

Thank you for making my point!

It is not a minor inconvenience to people affected by their malfunction. When I called them I was disconnected twice and it took 15 minutes to get to someone on the line and another 30 mins to have them fix the problem.

45 minutes of my time to fix something is an inconvenience to me. It is that kind of thinking why corporation now get away with anything they want.

I was simply trying to order some bottle water for our cabin through NCL's website. Ordered it with my debit card and the site said my card was declined and was not charged. OK, something went wrong as I just used my card online and it went through fine on another site. So, I tried again and same result. Well maybe something is wrong with my debit card and will have to call the bank. No problem, I will use my credit card to order, but noooooooooo, the same result.

So, just to be sure I went to my checking account website and checked my recent activity and what do I see? Two charges from NCL for the bottle water. Then I checked my credit card activity and boom, there is a charge from NCL for water.:mad::mad::mad:

I called and talked with customer service, which took off the two charges on my checking account, why the checking account you ask, because they do not have the technical expertise to see what charges were charged to which card, really it is 2018!! I told them about the entire situation, saying you should shut down the purchasing part of the website until they fix it. I said there maybe people out there that aren't being diligent about checking their accounts and NCL will end up with a real mess not to mention very mad customers. This was March 19, 2018.

Well today (March 24, 2018) I went to prepay my gratuities since the price is going up and the exact same thing happened. I did see it posted on my credit card and it shows up in my summary, but still said it did not go through on the screen once the purchase was completed.

If this has happened to you check your accounts for charges, because NCL doesn't care at all about this system malfunction. Love their ships and staff on the ships, but the technical side of NCL sucks!!!!!:mad:

Get fired up!

Wow.

So this has happened (if I'm reading this correctly) 4 times on 2 different occasions...to you? What bad luck.

I'm very surprised that this forum isn't full of people reporting the very same thing. (Just look at the number of "service charge increase" threads and you'll see that people are not shy about repetitive posting).

It is weird, though, that this keeps happening to you. At least we know that there is no way that this is nothing but NCL's fault. Just surprising that there aren't a ton more people reporting the same issue. :confused:

I too had this happen earlier this week....I used a credit card. I called soon after the event, and paid my DSC over the phone, and made sure I got an email recite.

I'm sure they are aware of the problem, and are working on it.:)

Yes things happen, but after telling the company about it, especially when it concerns people's money, and nothing was done to correct it, it is no longer a "things happen". This is a major corporation and this could of been easily fixed after they were told, but nothing was done!!!

I'm sure if it is truly an ongoing problem they are working to correct it, that is if the problem isn't with your bank.

I mean....there are thousands of people paying NCL daily and this board is not filled with complaints says something.

Three days ago I pre-paid DSC (using NCL BOA credit card) on line. Next day, MYNCL, stated I had an outstanding amount due, the DSC. I paid again, same method, figuring I entered an incorrect number. Today, there is no documentation on the website that these were paid. Called NCL and the representative didn't act surprised that there is a problem with charges being applied to accounts. She was able to process the DSC over the phone, and reassured me that if there were double charges, NCL will refund any overage. Think the problem is bigger than just one ship, or one specific type of charge.

I had a similar experience on 2 occasions with purchases on an upcoming cruise . I bought water and Cirque tickets, both times it said “ there is a problem with your card and your purchase did not got through - please contact your CC company “ . Both times the stuff showed up on my reservation and the little picture of the circus and the Evian are right there in My Ncl.

I never thought to call as the items show as purchased. I used Amex. I forgot all about this until I read the OP post. For me it was a minor inconvenience , but I wasn’t spending much anyway. FWIW, this was about 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by forgotmyCCname

Hello Scomar

I think people would not flame you if you just advised that there was a problem with ............. rather than make a meal of it.

Yes, see this thread about pretty much the same issue, way different tone from the OP yields a way different tone for the entire thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2615969