Dining Question

boblerm

I am new to Silversea, and will be cruising next February on the Silver Spirit. I understand that the ship is in the process of some significant changes, and my understanding is that there will be no main dining room, but 8 smaller dining venues. Will I need a reservation for all/some of these venues? Need some advice from SS veterans. Thanks.

Bob

Will I need a reservation for all/some of these venues?
Atlantide, Indochine, and Spaccanapoli are open dining and do not require a reservation. The other restaurants do request reservations. With that said, we have dined in La Terrazza and The Grill without reservations before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bob and Jeannie welcome to Silversea.

We have been on the Spirit for seven cruises, near 100 days since the maiden crossing back in January 2010.

With the online reservation system it was turnkey, once reservations opened for booking to book La Terraza, Le Champagne (now Le Dame) and Seishin.

On board if we wanted to change our reservation or add one, like Brian (Stumblefoot) mentions above we were accommodated every time. Once you're on board and have learned a preferance for dining, recommend you see the Restaurant Maitre'd after breakfast and change your reservation or ask for a new one.

As you may note on many of the Restaurant postings on this board, many Silversea frequent floaters fav pasta dish in La Terraza is papparedelle with duck ragu. La Terraza also makes one of the best Ossu Bucco's we have tasted that pairs wonderfully with the Italian wines they serve in La Terraza or the Amarone to Tignanello found at a reasonable price point on the wine list.

Duck Papparedelle:

18a6aaea8fbda0f89e19538514283c4d.jpg

Osso Bucco:

fad0ca92d09881db34af1ee38526aa71.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, Brian and Wes.

And thanks, Wes, for the menu recommendations and photos, looks yummy!

One other question- we generally like to plan our dining around on board entertainment. Is there a "predictable/normal" time that evening shows are likely, as it is on Regent?

Thanks,

Bob

One other question- we generally like to plan our dining around on board entertainment. Is there a "predictable/normal" time that evening shows are likely, as it is on Regent?
Happy to help Bob! I’ve never cruised on Regent, so will defer to Wes and the many others here who are very familiar with both cruise lines for your entertainment question.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob, I was on a different SS ship with a different itinerary (Caribbean), but shows were 9:45 every night. There was one exception: the final night the show was pre-dinner, at 6:15, as a prelude to the Captain's farewell. That night, in the 9:45 slot, was a St. Patrick's Day sing-a-long in one of the bars. Dinner service began at 7:00 in all venues, every night.

It probably varies from ship to ship, and itinerary to itinerary (I think??), but yes -- there was great consistency so that we could plan around it.

Edited by Unibok
clarity

We haven't been able to find the current menu (menus?) for La Dame. We will be sailing on the Silver Spirit later this year and would love to see what is offered. Many thanks for any assistance!
From what I understand, the menu will change once the ship re-enters service in May. I would be more than happy to share the same restaurant’s menu from the Muse when onboard this June if you’d like.

From what I understand, the menu will change once the ship re-enters service in May. I would be more than happy to share the same restaurant’s menu from the Muse when onboard this June if you’d like.

That would be wonderful. Thank you!! Two questions if we might: Is there one specified time to arrive there and do you dine at your own pace or wait for everyone else to be finished with each course so that the next course may be served to everyone all at once?

Yet one more question (one for now, I'm sure there will be be lots more going forward!)

We are taking our (grown) kids on this cruise, and will have 3 cabins. Am I correct in understanding that when I book reservations, I can reserve one table for all of us in one reservation?

Bob

When booking for your cruise opens 120 days out just go to mysilversea website. This will enable you to book for your preference and there is provision to add x number of guests.
Great, thanks.

That would be wonderful. Thank you!! Two questions if we might: Is there one specified time to arrive there and do you dine at your own pace or wait for everyone else to be finished with each course so that the next course may be served to everyone all at once?

If you are talking about the non-reservation restuarants there are no fixed dining times only broad hours of operation. Whenever you arrive and get seated then they will serve your table. Of course if you are waiting for other members of your family to join you then you can go ahead and get started or simply ask them to wait until the others arrive.

Is there one specified time to arrive there and do you dine at your own pace or wait for everyone else to be finished with each course so that the next course may be served to everyone all at once?
First, you will always dine at your own pace. Second, you can schedule your reservations at any time you like. Using the MySilversea reservation request system, you can select 7:00, 8:00, or 9:00pm 120-days in advance. However, once you arrive on board, you can typically change those times to a time that may be more suitable to you if you prefer, say 7:30p or 8:30pm.

First, you will always dine at your own pace. Second, you can schedule your reservations at any time you like. Using the MySilversea reservation request system, you can select 7:00, 8:00, or 9:00pm 120-days in advance. However, once you arrive on board, you can typically change those times to a time that may be more suitable to you if you prefer, say 7:30p or 8:30pm.

Thank you. Now if whatever is offered on the menu lives up to its venue we will be very content.

• 4 months later...
We haven't been able to find the current menu (menus?) for La Dame. We will be sailing on the Silver Spirit later this year and would love to see what is offered. Many thanks for any assistance!

We just made our dining reservations, but do wish we had menus for at least La Dame (and hopefully other Spirit restaurants) to get an idea of what is offered, as we enjoy perusing menus at leisure rather than just at dining time. We would very much appreciate any menus/videos and such. Thank you!

Also - does the current La Dame on the Spirit have any two tops that are not right next to each other? We have a special occasion to celebrate and a private table there should be perfect for that if possible.

We just made our dining reservations, but do wish we had menus for at least La Dame (and hopefully other Spirit restaurants) to get an idea of what is offered, as we enjoy perusing menus at leisure rather than just at dining time. We would very much appreciate any menus/videos and such. Thank you!

Also - does the current La Dame on the Spirit have any two tops that are not right next to each other? We have a special occasion to celebrate and a private table there should be perfect for that if possible.

Recent La Dame menu (from the Wind, but all the ships are now supposed to be consistent)

6317849f44d35c0db86674548410c919.jpg47066918491b06f7e06485843e46b097.jpgc499cf8722e7e0e17b85c9d109183944.jpg0d8a194268943ef35e559fa052f9035d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also first time SS travelers. We will be traveling on the Shadow in October. Does anyone have recent menus for La Terraza as well as some MDR samples especially for formal nights , interested in the standard offerings (assuming formal nights they would be a little more “special”). I assume the grill menu is pretty basic.

Thanks in advance

There is only 1 proper table for 2 on both Spirit and Muse. All the others are packed together and result in 1 of you sitting on the bench rather than a chair along the wall whilst the other either gazes into your eyes or looks at the wall. The seating on the other ships is much better as they are at proper tables.

Maybe they will hold the decent table for you if requested beforehand but seating is usually first come has first choice.

We are also first time SS travelers. We will be traveling on the Shadow in October. Does anyone have recent menus for La Terraza as well as some MDR samples especially for formal nights , interested in the standard offerings (assuming formal nights they would be a little more “special”). I assume the grill menu is pretty basic.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I just returned home from my 2nd SS cruise last weekend. I don't have any menus but LaTerraza has an Italian menu for dinner. I found the food really, really good:D

This same venue is opened for breakfast and lunch where it is a buffet. I know many people are not "buffet folks" but this buffet is outstanding:D