[spoiler alert] Le Petit Chef - in case you were wondering

DYKWIA

If like me you were wondering what on Le Petit Chef is. Not sure if this is exactly what Celebrity is doing with Le Petit Chef - but this is the sort of thing skullmapping (who are the people behind this technology) is doing

If like me you were wondering what on Le Petit Chef is. Not sure if this is exactly what Celebrity is doing with Le Petit Chef - but this is the sort of thing skullmapping (who are the people behind this technology) is doing

Last week on Reflection in Qsine...my arm was 'tattooed' with a light of numbers. It was explained to me 'it was something that was coming' and a new experience. They couldn't turn it off for some reason. So this appears it will be a menu dropped onto your plate and I think they'll be doing away with the 'tablet' menu.

Last week on Reflection in Qsine...my arm was 'tattooed' with a light of numbers. It was explained to me 'it was something that was coming' and a new experience. They couldn't turn it off for some reason. So this appears it will be a menu dropped onto your plate and I think they'll be doing away with the 'tablet' menu.

Much more than a menu! Le petit Chef has been trialed this week. It is great fun!

Le petit chef est magnifique!

The way things keep getting cut-back on X....we can see the future when all the food will be replaced by a hologram projected on an empty plate!

Hank

Virtual food - now if they could find a way to make me think I was really eating it and not gain weight I would go for that!

The way things keep getting cut-back on X....we can see the future when all the food will be replaced by a hologram projected on an empty plate!

Hank

Yup..much cheaper than improving real food!

The concept seems very silly...maybe good for Disney!

They’re changing the menu of our Favorite restaurant for this😟 You cannot duplicate this restaurant on land😟

Again😟

They’re not “changing” anything. They are “trialing” a concept that would be ultimately be offered one or two nights per cruise.

I hope that is true

That’s the way it’s supposed to work on Edge. One or two nights per cruise, instead of the regular Bistro menu, they will feature Le Petit Chef. Of course, if it’s immensely popular I suppose they would add more nights. Since they’re giving it trial runs on other ships, they’ll soon know how many nights they can sell Le Petit Chef, and how many nights they should stick with the usual menu.

So let me get this straight. On Celebrity, from what I've read, you can pay 55.00 to watch a 3-d video of a chef making a meal, projected onto the table and then you get the actual meal, much less than what you get in Q'sine normally for 10.00 less.

I don't get it. (And I know I don't have to do it).

Maybe it's because I live in the Silicon Valley, and this is not particularly amazing here.

So let me get this straight. On Celebrity, from what I've read, you can pay 55.00 to watch a 3-d video of a chef making a meal, projected onto the table and then you get the actual meal, much less than what you get in Q'sine normally for 10.00 less.

Maybe it's because I live in the Silicon Valley, and this is not particularly amazing here.

You get to enjoy a very nice five course set menu and giggle and laugh like a child!

Priceless!

We really enjoyed.

Agreed, I found it underwhelming as well.

As a free unexpected bonus, like the screens on Quantum class that are just on the side, that's interesting. But when you're paying big dollars just to watch some simplistic recording as the main feature doesn't seem of value.

Not sure it's 3D - might be, just looked like a projection on a table played around carefully placed cutlery and so on.

Maybe others can confirm if you need to wear 3D specs

Not sure it's 3D - might be, just looked like a projection on a table played around carefully placed cutlery and so on.

Maybe others can confirm if you need to wear 3D specs

No 3D specs needed....honestly, we are not gimmicky people but we did love Le petit chef!

Another example of X trying to lure mellinials, which they HAVE to do to survive long term.

We’re far from Millennial and we enjoyed Petit Chef, but, unlike many it seems, we also embrace change and new experiences etc. 🥂

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No 3D specs needed....honestly, we are not gimmicky people but we did love Le petit chef!

Thanks again, Chemmo. We’re hoping they’ll trial Le Petit Chef on Silhouette this summer. I’ve had a trying year, so I’m ready for some giggles:)

We’re far from Millennial and we enjoyed Petit Chef, but, unlike many it seems, we also embrace change and new experiences etc. 🥂

I think you have figured out how to stay resilient while aging and embracing change...getting older is fun for those who stay young at heart!

We did it last Thursday. Yes it was funny and entertaining but the menu is very limited and wont suit all (the video projected on your plate is menu specific). They have an alternative to Little Chef's dish for each course but it's the soup, chicken and choc cake from the everyday menu in MDR

Do it once maybe.