Caribbean Princess few comments, just off

moki'smommy

Thanks for posting your review. When I had a problem with an excursion that did not live up to its description, the shore excursion desk staff were useless. I filled in the paperwork and received a response on the last day that the manager had not been able to confirm my complaint with the company providing the excursion.

After getting back home, I filled in the comment form on the Princess website (https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page) and heard back from a representative a few days later. She agreed with me that what we experienced did not live up to the description and credited half the cost back to my credit card. I would have settled for a 25 percent refund on board the ship, but asked for half after not getting a satisfactory response from the shore excursion manager.

Thanks for posting your review. When I had a problem with an excursion that did not live up to its description, the shore excursion desk staff were useless. I filled in the paperwork and received a response on the last day that the manager had not been able to confirm my complaint with the company providing the excursion.

After getting back home, I filled in the comment form on the Princess website (https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/customerCare.page) and heard back from a representative a few days later. She agreed with me that what we experienced did not live up to the description and credited half the cost back to my credit card. I would have settled for a 25 percent refund on board the ship, but asked for half after not getting a satisfactory response from the shore excursion manager.

Thanks--I just used your link. I got no response from the on board personnel, so anything from shoreside is better than where I am now.

I don't want to sound like a jerk--the cruise was overall very good with some parts excellent. But this excursion was a disappointment. And in fact, because of this, we used our internet time to book a private excursion at the next port rather than going thru Princess!

Thanks for the good wishes!

The most aft section of the buffet area was converted to Planks and Steamers. I really didn't explore the area much as we didn't eat there. This is the area from the aft elevators (which are in the middle) and extending further aft from that level on the port side. It is basically aft of the beverage area. All I really saw was the sign indicating that this was the location for Planks and Steamers. While I didn't eat there often' date=' I didn't experience any lack of seating in the Horizon area (now renamed World Marketplace or something similar.

The esthetic changes to the pizza and burger outlets are nice, but they are essentially window dressing. Both have an expanded menu over 3 years ago.

And yes, I also hope they come up with new escape room situations. This was our first time so it was good. I'd be unhappy if it is like the theatre shows--no change from my first Princess cruise to the present but I keep reading about new shows! Obviously changing the escape room would be far easier than changing the stage shows.[/quote']

We tried the PLanks Side and it was very good and way more than what one could eat. We used a coupon good for buy one meal and get a free meal which is only good on the first night, At $12 per person you are getting a lot of food and a nice dessert. Couldn't eat all and the meal plus the dessert. Second time we ordered we went with 3 meats each instead of fourl

We tried the PLanks Side and it was very good and way more than what one could eat. We used a coupon good for buy one meal and get a free meal which is only good on the first night, At $12 per person you are getting a lot of food and a nice dessert. Couldn't eat all and the meal plus the dessert. Second time we ordered we went with 3 meats each instead of fourl

Can I please ask where you got the BOGO Planks coupon?

On arrival home' date=' there are 2 strange charges on my credit card listed as Caribbean Princess. I agree with my stateroom statement, so called Princess this morning. They told me that these are not unusual and should drop off the statement by tomorrow. Here's hoping.

[/quote']

During the cruise Princess will make a preliminary charge to a credit card to make sure the account has enough credit to cover the charge. At the end of the cruise these temporary charges will drop off and the actual final charge be made. My guess is what you saw were preliminary charges used to reserve a portion of your credit and, yes, they will disappear.

No one went to the captain's circle receptions.

Nobody at all???

No one from our group, so can't comment on the receptions. As we were at different levels, invitations to two different receptions were received.

At this point, one of the charges has dropped off, the other is still showing. And the final, actual charge appeared. I'll chill out for another day, then call if the charge remains.

Can I please ask where you got the BOGO Planks coupon?

We had two of the larger coupon books in our cabin when we arrived. Guessing they were from our TA. The BOGO coupon was good for any specialty restaurant but only on the first night and good through Dec 2018. This was the only coupon that we used out of the book. We've had these large coupon books in the past but first time to notice that there was a coupon for the specialty restaurants.

We had two of the larger coupon books in our cabin when we arrived. Guessing they were from our TA. The BOGO coupon was good for any specialty restaurant but only on the first night and good through Dec 2018. This was the only coupon that we used out of the book. We've had these large coupon books in the past but first time to notice that there was a coupon for the specialty restaurants.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

Got home last night from the 10 day partial Panama transit. I tried to remember all the details people ask here' date=' but seem to have forgotten what I intended to ask. Please feel free to ask questions.

First time in a suite. Is it possible to have an absent minded steward? He did say he had just come back on board, but many things didn't happen till I asked about them. For instance, no laundry bags in the room, no "letter" that the Passenger Services desk kept referencing, no breakfast order forms or canape order forms (didn't ask for these). There were 3 of us in the room. We did get 3 waters each night.

Exchanged mini-bar for 2 coffee cards--no expiration date printed or cruise number/ship filled in on cards. I agree that the web should list the option to just get the cards up front (not need to exchange) in the same way you can specify bed configuration or robes. Seems like a lot of work for the staff to have to collect the mini bar stuff and leave cards.

Pizza upstairs was awful. I got a slice near the end, only so I could report on it here. Ate one bite and tossed the rest. Compared to same ship 3 years ago...it was ruined. They are definitely NOT the best pizza at sea any more.

Club Class dining was wonderful. Great food, super dining staff. Best dining experience ever on Princess, perhaps on any line we've done. Lots of positive comments from others in our party.

Ports....not good. Port times were short, and then were things like 6:30am to noon. I'm not getting up to do a 6:30am excursion routinely. If you didn't do a Panama Canal excursion, you had 45 minutes to get off the ship in the evening to visit vendor tables in the port area. This was scheduled for a longer time, but kept being moved.

In Limon we had a full day, but somehow we chose poorly. I picked a rainforest arial tram that I thought said a 1 hour bus ride each way...somehow it was listed as 3 hours each way on their form. It was to be an 8 hour excursion with a 70 minute tram ride, 45 minute guided walking tour, and lunch. Well, anyone can figure that it would total more than 8 hours. They eliminated the guided walk and we still were an hour late getting back to the ship. The funny thing was that the guide started getting phone calls and was claiming terrible traffic. We encountered a traffic jam near Limon, but that was well after we were already late! Problem was that we had a 2:30 scheduled departure time, 2:38 actual departure, and 4:30 "all aboard," with a "3 hour" drive. No way I would have chosen an 8 hour excursion when 6 hours of it was riding a bus! My mistake. But I still think it said "1 hour" somewhere. On the positive side, the guides at the site were delightful. It was just sad that we couldn't do what was listed in the excursion description. Complained at excursion desk--they had me write it up, but no price adjustment.

Ship speed was typically 19-21 knots.

Ship is in good condition after dry dock. There were some "dings" on cabin built ins, but nothing that interfered with our enjoyment. Lots of detail cleaning going on.

On arrival home, there are 2 strange charges on my credit card listed as Caribbean Princess. I agree with my stateroom statement, so called Princess this morning. They told me that these are not unusual and should drop off the statement by tomorrow. Here's hoping.

We got a card for a free drink because the on demand TV wasn't working at the beginning of the cruise--we didn't even turn on the TV in the first couple of days, but did enjoy the drink.

No one went to the captain's circle receptions.

What else does anyone want to know?

Took Uber from hotel to port. They needed to know which terminal we'd be at before they'd let us make the reservation, so I called Princess and was told by a very grumpy agent that it would be terminal 2. We were at terminal 19. Interesting after she needed my reservation number, birth date, and all kinds of stuff before she'd even tell me which terminal. The Regal was at terminal 2. HA assist on boarding was non-existent. Never found the person with the clip board. We asked 4 different workers at the terminal--no one seemed to know. Fortunately the gangway was almost level and was able to be managed with the walker. On disembarkation, we waited in the Platinum lounge until the time we'd been directed to go to HA assist, and were then the last to leave because we'd arrived last. No big deal.[/quote']

I’m curious when you said “no one went to the captains circle receptions”. Does that mean the room was empty except for the ships staff? That would be the first time that I heard of an empty room except for ship staff.

Tom🤔

I’m curious when you said “no one went to the captains circle receptions”. Does that mean the room was empty except for the ships staff? That would be the first time that I heard of an empty room except for ship staff.

Tom🤔

You aren't the first person in this thread who made fun of my comment. I should have said that no one from our group attended either of the receptions that we qualified for.

"Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded"

...attributed to Yogi Berra, and others

I’m a big Red Sox fan. But I like to say Yogi Berra was GREAT!!! One of the best ever. (y) Remember this one “it ain’t over till it’s over”. :D

Tony

Sorry to hear you didn't like the pizza. I was on the sailing before you and thought it was really good. I had the pepperoni 3-4 times and really enjoyed it. Obviously, it's one of those subjective things.

Glad you enjoyed the rest of your trip.

Susan

We really enjoyed the pizza too..... to each is own I guess!

Interesting report by the OP. We have been on the CB many times with the last time being 2016 when we did the west bound TA along with a cruise around the BI. Luckily in all our Princess cruises we have always had great cabin stewards and for the most part very friendly and wanting to please. We did have one that did not really talk much but did a great job. We will be on the CB again this fall for a 2 week cruise and looking forward to seeing what has changed. I saw where the HC is now called the world market place (WMP?).

Since we were eligible, we have always attended the Captain's Circle parties because we like to see the three most traveled, pax we hope to be someday - well maybe not. We also always attend the free wine tasting (elite perk) as it has become a ritual. Meeting other pax and listening to the Sommeliers talk about the wine is interesting. As for the pizza, we always get the speciality pizza each day except for certain ones like the one with anchovies. Basically it is good pizza but not as good as our local pizza that is baked in a coal fired or wood fired oven which of course is a definite no-no on a ship. As for our beverage setup, I always call room service the first thing and change it to gin and tonic. Happy cruising.

I am personally concerned that there continues to be a lack of consistency in regards to communicating and resolving issues such as this. Corporate wants to have these issues solved while the passenger is on board rather than forcing the passenger to take it to the top. It's a waste of time and increases negative attitudes among the customer.

It kinda sounds like the shipboard manager, who might be measured on the P and L of that department didn't want to suffer any reduced revenue so moving it up to corporate made the cost come from them. If this is the case, maybe the method of measuring the manager's job needs an adjustment. The "net net" would be a big plus if it resulted in improved customer loyalty. Just thinking.....