Will The Reflection Kitchen Staff Cook My Omaha Steaks?

need2cruisesoon

Guys, am looking at a Reflection cruise later this year.

And as we all know the quality of meats in particular (steak) is not what it used to be.

So my question is if I bring aboard my frozen Omaha Steaks (bacon wrapped filets) will the kitchen prepare these for me and my wife during our cruise? We are fond of Omaha Steaks and their quality.

Thanks,

I sincerely hope not! How do they KNOW where those steaks came from? I'm not a paranoid type - I eat at street stalls in asia and roadside taco stands in Mexico. But I don't want unknown meat on the same grill that is used for the rest of the passengers.

Guys, am looking at a Reflection cruise later this year.

And as we all know the quality of meats in particular (steak) is not what it used to be.

So my question is if I bring aboard my frozen Omaha Steaks (bacon wrapped filets) will the kitchen prepare these for me and my wife during our cruise? We are fond of Omaha Steaks and their quality.

Thanks,

Joke?

Try Kansas City Steaks. Way better.

But not on the ship.

I'm truly scratching my head in bewilderment at this one. Wouldn't they defrost while awaiting preparation? Why would X subject itself to the liability of possible contamination of the steaks prior to accepting them and then serving them? In two words... NO WAY!

I suspect that the kitchens on the ship are no different than most restaurant kitchens on land. They would not accept food from an unknown outside source to possibly contaminate their prep and cooking surfaces.

If this was another attempt at a joke, it was lame.

As a Chef myself, I can guarantee that's a no. For health and safety reasons they wouldn't cook the steak for you, simply because they can't guarantee the quality and safety for you (and other guests whose meals are cooked on the same grill). They would have to do an entire grill clean before and after your steak, not cook it with other guests food just for the safety of other guests and staff onboard. Let's not even go into the storage of it. God forbid you got sick as well. Way too many issues to even consider it .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Is he (she) known for posting fake news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is more like that OP starts threads with half serious questions and sees who bites. For example, he has asked in the past whether he should bring snow skis with him to a June Alaska cruise.

It is more like that OP starts threads with half serious questions and sees who bites. For example, he has asked in the past whether he should bring snow skis with him to a June Alaska cruise.

If nothing else (s)he has a good sense of humor [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We’re taking our snowboards with us in August ;p.

Well depends where you going- it is the peak of skiing season in New Zealand! ;)

Alaska, again. Believe it or not, it was actually warmer there the last time we visited than when we got back home - on went the heating as soon as we walked in :D.

We tend to visit ‘Downunder’ during your summer months i.e. Christmas, and tie in visiting siblings at the same time ;).

I’ve often wondered if I catch a fish from my balcony, will they clean it, cook it, and serve it for dinner?

Guess not.... ��

That has been asked before on these boards. Think that thread OP was going on a fishing excursion if I recall correctly ;).