Cancelled stop on the Bliss

peanuts92129

I am scheduled to leave on the Bliss May 10th and just was informed that they changed ports and actually removed a port.Has anybody ever gotten a refund when they do this for the port fees that they've already charged . I booked us almost a year-and-a-half ago.

Thanks

I am scheduled to leave on the Bliss May 10th and just was informed that they changed ports and actually removed a port.Has anybody ever gotten a refund when they do this for the port fees that they've already charged . I booked us almost a year-and-a-half ago.

Thanks

We'll get a refund on the port fees for the 2 ports we're skipping and we'll be charged for Mazatlán. The difference will be added back to our onboard account.

Linda

Thanks

other than getting a small refund on port charges why would you get a refund? I am always surprised people even think of this. The cost of the cruise except for the port charges have nothing to do with the ports.

other than getting a small refund on port charges why would you get a refund? I am always surprised people even think of this. The cost of the cruise except for the port charges have nothing to do with the ports.

Because some people boot for the ports and think that adding a sea day is a rip off.

I would never take a 7 day cruise that went out into the ocean and then came back without going anyplace.

I don't understand your response.. The OP SPECIFICALLY mentioned a refund of "port fee's that they've already charged" :confused:

Because some people boot for the ports and think that adding a sea day is a rip off.

I would never take a 7 day cruise that went out into the ocean and then came back without going anyplace.

I would. In fact, 14 sea days would be even better. :D

I would. In fact, 14 sea days would be even better. :D

Oh I know there are people that would, and not knocking those that enjoy sea days. But I prefer port days and cutting out ports just for more sea days is not something I would be happy about.

Changes due to emergencies happen, and I understand that, cutting out ports as a pre-planned event is not cool.

I get off at most ports, don’t always do an excursion, mill around, Head back to the ship. .I just really enjoy the mostly empty ship when everyone is ashore...

But yeah, they’ll refund any missed port fees.,

OP is just asking for a refund of port fees. Read their post again.

That's me. The primary advantage of a cruise for me is to visit many stops without wasting time traveling. A sea day is fairly wasted, but I'll put up with a couple in order to get the port stops. I may not like all the port stops, but I still appreciate getting to visit for however long I want and I will only pick a cruise where there's at least one port where I really want to go to.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn’t book a cruise if I really wanted to see a particular port.

I wouldn’t book a cruise if I really wanted to see a particular port.
:confused: Huh? What do you do, book a cruise with ports you hate and don't want to see just in case it gets cancelled you won't be disappointed ? What a ridiculous statement .....

Thanks

it's now way past may 10th.

any updates OP?

or did you ghost us?

I'm not the OP but we received $24 pp as OBC for missing the port.

so basically refunding port fees and taxes?

if so, refunding that as obc instead of cash is kinda slimy altho for a vast # of people on a cruise, they probably have more than $24 in onboard charges.

still kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth if obc instead of cash for canceled port fees/taxes

so basically refunding port fees and taxes?

if so, refunding that as obc instead of cash is kinda slimy altho for a vast # of people on a cruise, they probably have more than $24 in onboard charges.

still kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth if obc instead of cash for canceled port fees/taxes

We got it as refundable OBC.

Refundable OBC. If there is anything you have paid for and some or all of the cost is refunded then it is refundable OBC. Port fees and taxes; cancelled shorex by you or the boat; cancelled specialty dinners are the sort of things you get refundable.

If it is a gift from NCL or your TA it is often non-refundable. One example of this is the refund when you buy Future Cruise Certificates. NCL uses that term in the hope you will spend it on other things rather than paying for the certificates with it.