11am Flight from FLl doable?

Getting off Allure, I know the port is not far from the airport but has anyone done a flight as early as 11am? Is it too stressful?

Should be no problem.

Getting off Allure, I know the port is not far from the airport but has anyone done a flight as early as 11am? Is it too stressful?

You can be at FLL easily by 8:00. Not stressful for most

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plenty of time. We have a 9:55 flight in a couple of weeks and plan to self disembark with our carry on luggage between 7-7:30. We did this last Sept. and were sitting at our gate by 8:15.

Edited by ptf2009
Spelling

We did this last August off of Harmony for an 11:30 flight. We got an early number, and we were at the airport before the bag drop off window even started.

And then our flight was delayed. C’est la vie.

I agree that there is a 99% chance of the OP making his flight, but your statement is a bit farfetched.

I agree 7 is a super stretch. What do you think is earliest flight time to book? 930 maybe?

I'll note it probably makes a diff if you are a high loyalty member of the airline which means they will treat you kindly if you miss and thus need to change versus the rank and file leisure traveler.

OK...I have a little different spin on this . Could we make a 12:06 flight from the Ft. Lauderdale airport when our cruise disembarks in MIAMI ? Anyone had experience with this scenario. Thanks for any info or advice. :)

OK...I have a little different spin on this . Could we make a 12:06 flight from the Ft. Lauderdale airport when our cruise disembarks in MIAMI ? Anyone had experience with this scenario. Thanks for any info or advice. :)

Yes, it's only 30 minutes further. You'll be fine.

PLENTY of time....

Heck I want to have an 11am flight home when I get back and not have to wait until 5pm with everyone else in the airport!!!

I know last year I couldn't get thru TSA until 3 hours before my flight... with NO SEATS available anywhere to then wait some more at the gate... Makes for quite the damper on such a great vacation!

The earlier the flight the better... remember you aren't the only cruise ship back and you certainly are not the only people flying!

and If I had a flight back early I would - but alas, SW doesn't really like Long Island - New Yorkers and the only non-stop was at 5 - meanwhile if I want to make a few stops, I can get home 20 minutes before the non-stop flight!!!