A real world cruise

KirkNC

Has everyone seen the world cruise from Viking for 2019. It’s 245 days and costs start at $92k/pp. We were thinking about going but the $270k/pp owners suite is already taken :o.

I think Viking is pushing this pretty hard. One of my tablemates on the Crystal World Cruise had previously only sailed Viking River and he frequently mentioned getting emails from Viking urging him to sign up.

Roy

Has everyone seen the world cruise from Viking for 2019. It’s 245 days and costs start at $92k/pp. We were thinking about going but the $270k/pp owners suite is already taken :o.

Shore excursions included at that price? At least you don't have to worry about airfare if it begins and ends in a port near you.

Assisted living in Calif is easily $6-7,000 a month so we are getting into a ball park - probably better company onboard than the fellow memory care folks where my 100 year old Dad resided for his final years

I'll consider it, but it's a 120 days too short..

And....according to Forbes....this cruise will circumvent the globe. Yeah, I'm not making this up. And, yeah again, I did send in an email to the "corrections" dept at Forbes. To their credit, they do welcome corrections.

Yea lots of nice amenities, unlimited Wi-Fi, paid gratuities, silver beverage package, one free excursion in each port, free business class air, $6,000 OBC/excursion dollars, laundry and dry cleaning and the list goes on. It goes to six continents, surprisingly they miss Antarctica.

And....according to Forbes....this cruise will circumvent the globe. Yeah, I'm not making this up. And, yeah again, I did send in an email to the "corrections" dept at Forbes. To their credit, they do welcome corrections.

Well circumventing does not come cheap;)

Booking segments? Maybe if one would want to do so. Booking the whole world cruise? Ridiculous in my opinion. Booking a "normal" world cruise involves so many "working parts" now. Extending to such a long time frame would make those issues even more difficult to settle before sailing.

Even if I won the Powerball--which I don't play--I would not consider such an extravagance as what Viking is offering.

In that case, did they announce Eldon Musk was going to be the captain? :cool:

Booking segments? Maybe if one would want to do so. Booking the whole world cruise? Ridiculous in my opinion. Booking a "normal" world cruise involves so many "working parts" now. Extending to such a long time frame would make those issues even more difficult to settle before sailing.

Even if I won the Powerball--which I don't play--I would not consider such an extravagance as what Viking is offering.

There's a 119 day version of it which skips all the South America Ports. LA - London. Not sure if 50% counts as a segment ;)

This cruise includes the Silver Spirits Package so I think you get most of your drinks for free.

Correct except some of the high price whiskey and after dinner drinks (high end ) . It’s a really good program - it’s easy because everyone is in it .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums