They canceled my cruise!

I know earlier in the year there was a glitch so that when drink packages were cancelled the entire cruise was cancelled. I'm wondering if they are still having this issue.

The Buckeye Cruise for Cancer charter was announced on March 20th (I know, because I'm booked on it!), so did it take them this long to contact you? This is the 11th annual cruise, and over $15 million dollars have been raised for cancer research!!

Go Bucks!

KC

The Buckeye Cruise for Cancer charter was announced on March 20th (I know, because I'm booked on it!), so did it take them this long to contact you?

It is normal for RCI to take several weeks between sings of cancellation (ship shows sold out) and official announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering when you found out your cruise was chartered? I have a very important Indy cruise

booked and I'm wondering when I can breathe a sigh of relief and that it won't be chartered. It's in

Jan of 2019. We were already kicked off of one cruise in Jan so this is the back up cruise.

Independence of the Seas Feb 23 2019 canceled. They handled it great, gave me good options and a quick response. I wanted to get out of that one anyway!!

That's a bummer, though sounds like it was an optimal situation for you. Glad to hear they handled it well!

-germ

I was on that same cruise and got my email last week. Was hard to change dates with limited selections and didn't really want to take my son out of college. But we changed anyway, still sucks it was cancelled.

Just wondering when you found out your cruise was chartered?

The usual first indication of a charter is when all web sites show the cruise as sold out. Then, a few weeks later, RCI confirms it.

• 4 weeks later...

So...just got our "your cruise has changed" email. Copied and pasted for anyone interested. We were booked on Mariner for a 3 night weekend Feb 22-25 but a charter has booked it for Feb 24-Mar 1 (Monsters of Rock).

Dear Guest,

We wanted to share an important itinerary update for your upcomingFebruary 22nd, 2019 Mariner of the Seas cruise. Due to a change in our itinerary planning, we must regretfully shorten your cruise and in turn have removed CocoCay from your itinerary. Your cruise will now return to Miami on February 24th instead of February 25th.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We want you to have an enjoyable vacation and in addition to being able to stay on your current shortened cruse, we have also put together some alternate options for you. They are as follows:

Option 1: Stay On Current Cruise

• You can stay booked for the Feb. 22nd cruise
  • The ship will be doing a 2 night Bahamas itinerary and will visit Bahamas’ most popular destination, Nassau. With dazzling beaches, turquoise waters and vibrant Junkanoo culture, Nassau is a great place to relax and sightsee.
  • Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
  • $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites
  • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard
  • Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights)

For your convenience, we have outlined your updated itinerary below.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Fri

Miami, Florida

5:00 PM

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

8:00 AM

7:00 PM

Sun

Miami, Florida

7:00 AM

Option 2: Re-book Selected Sailings

• You can re-book the following 2019 Mariner of the Seas sailings: Mar. 1st or Mar. 8th
  • The ship will be departing from Miami, Florida and will visit Nassau, Bahamas and our very own private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • Or you can re-book the following Enchantment of the Seas sailings: Feb. 8th or Feb. 22nd
  • The ship will be departing from Orlando, Florida and will visit Nassau, Bahamas and our very own private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.
  • Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items
  • Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights)

Option 3: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

• Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date

Option 4: If you choose to cancel, we will be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits

We will call you personally to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at (866) 506-7245. We want to give you as much time as possible to decide on an option that best fits your needs. We kindly ask you to please advise us of your decision by June 19th, 2018.

Lastly, if you choose to cancel, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope you find a suitable vacation option with us, as we have no doubt your vacation will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

So...just got our "your cruise has changed" email. Copied and pasted for anyone interested. We were booked on Mariner for a 3 night weekend Feb 22-25 but a charter has booked it for Feb 24-Mar 1 (Monsters of Rock).

Dear Guest,

We wanted to share an important itinerary update for your upcomingFebruary 22nd, 2019 Mariner of the Seas cruise. Due to a change in our itinerary planning, we must regretfully shorten your cruise and in turn have removed CocoCay from your itinerary. Your cruise will now return to Miami on February 24th instead of February 25th.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes. We want you to have an enjoyable vacation and in addition to being able to stay on your current shortened cruse, we have also put together some alternate options for you. They are as follows:

Option 1: Stay On Current Cruise

• You can stay booked for the Feb. 22nd cruise
  • The ship will be doing a 2 night Bahamas itinerary and will visit Bahamas’ most popular destination, Nassau. With dazzling beaches, turquoise waters and vibrant Junkanoo culture, Nassau is a great place to relax and sightsee.
  • Your original stateroom category price will either be protected at your original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

For your convenience, we have outlined your updated itinerary below.

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Fri

Miami, Florida

5:00 PM

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

8:00 AM

7:00 PM

Sun

Miami, Florida

7:00 AM

Wow, so you lose a night and they only give you $100 credit for most cabins i.e. $50/person, assuming the sailing price doesn't go down. I daresay the cruise cost more than $50/night/person upfront. Very cheap of them.

Independence of the Seas Feb 23 2019 canceled. They handled it great, gave me good options and a quick response. I wanted to get out of that one anyway!!

Good options? I assume you were price protected and offered that price on a cruise acceptable to you? I'm glad I never had this happen, but it sure seems like they offer a limited choice of other cruises at what you had already paid. I guess total refund is good, but it would be nice if they went a little further and made a better gesture. Glad your happy.

Wow, so you lose a night and they only give you $100 credit for most cabins i.e. $50/person, assuming the sailing price doesn't go down. I daresay the cruise cost more than $50/night/person upfront. Very cheap of them.

I agree. reasonable/fair would be to reduce the price by one third since one third of the cruise nights are taken away, and then add in the OBC as a gesture of goodwill.

My March 24th cruise on Freedom was just cancelled. It was over the week of spring break. I really can’t use the first option, which was price guaranties and onboard credit for either March 31st or April 7th. The second option is onboard credit for any other cruise, the third is just to cancel. We were really looking forward to this cruise because we had cabin 7708, which is an aft corner cabin. It really stinks when they cancel a cruise over a school break period, it really limits your options.

Edited by ATC cruiser

When I received OBC for a hurricane-shortened cruise, the OBC was refundable.

My hurricane shortened OBC was refundable as well but anytime I have gotten redeployment OBC it has been non refundable.

Edit Just looked our our April Oasis bill which had redeployment OBC on it. It's listed as non-refundable