Sip and Sail

welly world

Thanks, Paul. I think I've read that if you take this package but don't really want the S&S; you can opt for OBC instead. Do you know how much OBC they would give in lieu of the S&S? Is this typically better than waiting for the 3 for free?

I don't drink so 3 for Free is better.

Thanks, Paul. I think I've read that if you take this package but don't really want the S&S; you can opt for OBC instead. Do you know how much OBC they would give in lieu of the S&S? Is this typically better than waiting for the 3 for free?

Here are the OBC amounts from last summer: Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.

Our 3 for Free had the same levels of OBC and in addition we get free tips & cabin category upgrade so it was better for us. And unlike S&S, 3 for Free is available with all types of cabins.

Are transatlantic cruises included on S&S? I know they are not on Celebrity, which I'm more familiar with. Have our first S&S cruise on the Coral in February, after 8 Princess cruises!

Yes. Last fall we did B2Bs (western Med and TA to Fort Lauderdale) for a total of 25 days and loved having the S&S especially on the many sea days during the TA.

Just watch pricing. Check it now and compare it with the pricing when the S+S comes out. Prices jump dramatically on some itineraries.

Yes, start your excel spreadsheet now. Record every cruise you might take for the next few years. Track as many variables as you like, also throw in other favorite cruise lines for further comparisons. :cool:

Here are the OBC amounts from last summer: Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13 or more days can receive $250 per person.

Our 3 for Free had the same levels of OBC and in addition we get free tips & cabin category upgrade so it was better for us. And unlike S&S, 3 for Free is available with all types of cabins.

Thank you for the detailed response regarding the different offers. DH does not drink and I am a lightweight (2-3 per day would be my max). I have taken the 3 for free before and thought it was a good deal but never compared to the S&S as it would not work for the two of us and hadn't known about OBC in lieu of drinks.

Thanks all for sharing your info and thoughts.

Thank you for the detailed response regarding the different offers. DH does not drink and I am a lightweight (2-3 per day would be my max). I have taken the 3 for free before and thought it was a good deal but never compared to the S&S as it would not work for the two of us and hadn't known about OBC in lieu of drinks.

Thanks all for sharing your info and thoughts.

You’re welcome & glad that the information was helpful.

Before re-faring to the 3 for Free we had the S+S with the OBC which was our best option.

Yes. Last fall we did B2Bs (western Med and TA to Fort Lauderdale) for a total of 25 days and loved having the S&S especially on the many sea days during the TA.

Ok great, so I will wait to book until S&S comes out---the beverage package always works for us!;)

Thanks for the info!

I have been told to expect it on 6/20 - I usually book way way early and then switch to the sip and sail promo if the price is right. We use the plan on almost every cruise and to have it as a perk on long (14 -21 day) cruises always saves us money. And yes we make very very good use of it for cocktails, waters and coffee drinks