Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

14 minutes ago, little britain said:

2/11 (2 Nov not Feb 11 for the US readers !) is very late for a call into Athens... makes me wonder whether she will be heading down the Suez to Dubai and ports East.....? Otherwise it is a very late TA mid November...

Yes! Ooops you are right, here in Europe we read them differently... Don't take it for granted though because these calls can change anytime as it is very early. Currently this is it. Here is the file i found the info we are talking about:

CRUISE_2021_PDF_08-07-2019_1.pdf

1 minute ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Yes! Ooops you are right, here in Europe we read them differently... Don't take it for granted though because these calls can change anytime as it is very early. Currently this is it. Here is the file i found the info we are talking about:

CRUISE_2021_PDF_08-07-2019_1.pdf 111.85 kB · 0 downloads

Normally cruise lines make TA late in Nov.

7 minutes ago, kevin626 said:

I have done 3 TA's in the last 3 years, all in September or October.  I am unable to vacation past the first week in November due to my job.  So, there are TA's that start earlier.

15 minutes ago, kevin626 said:

Actually, the last one for 2019 sets off 9/11 from Barcelona.  All others have left by then. Apart from JW going down to Dubai on 30/11/19 and 26/11/20.  So if she is in Athens 2/11 she has to get back to her home port and then set off.  It will be late compared to the others.  Yes I know RH had a TA last year leaving on 4/12....but she is the last out on 9/11 this year.

Edited by little britain

4 hours ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Empress will be going to Bayonne and Quebec City next year.I see Bermuda cruises with stops in Hamilton and St George in May, June, July and August 2020 sailing dates. Im also seeing a nice Repo cruise from Quebec to Miami Oct 2020 when she resumes her Miami cruises.. 10 and 11 night Canadian cruises are also on the schedule.

They are currently loading the schedules and the site is more temperamental than usual. I was going to make this a separate page, but probably best to wait until the official press release later this morning with all the info. 

The itineraries and prices are loaded in Espresso so it's official.

Edited by EpcotBill

11 minutes ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

I wasn't doubting that it was officiall, I just didn't want to start a thread, until I could add the press release attached to it. 

I didn't say you doubted it. I was just confirming what you said and letting everyone else know it's official. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

^ Few would have guessed a few months ago Empress would be in Bayonne as the second ship for the '20 summer season.

I just booked an aft JS on deck 7 for May 4th.  Has anyone stayed in one?  They look almost as small as the studio on Anthem.

5 minutes ago, gaylemh said:

I just booked an aft JS on deck 7 for May 4th.  Has anyone stayed in one?  They look almost as small as the studio on Anthem.

Follow or ask in the current Empress live thread by @twangster - he's in a JS.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2681739-empress-b2b-14-nights-on-the-biggest-little-ship/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-58012077

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Actually, the last one for 2019 sets off 9/11 from Barcelona.  All others have left by then. Apart from JW going down to Dubai on 30/11/19 and 26/11/20.  So if she is in Athens 2/11 she has to get back to her home port and then set off.  It will be late compared to the others.  Yes I know RH had a TA last year leaving on 4/12....but she is the last out on 9/11 this year.

If you look at the 2019/20 TA's, most of them are in the last week of October/First week of November. So if Odyssey is in, say, Barcelona and Athens is the last stop of that trip (so on the way back), then around 5th November would be about right for the TA.... and there's other ships doing that exact same date in 19/20, as well as a bit later.

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I'm sorry, but 9/11 is September 11.

Can you at least give us that one day in our method

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Here is the file i found the info we are talking about:

CRUISE_2021_PDF_08-07-2019_1.pdf 111.85 kB · 16 downloads

It's all Greek to me (pun intended) but it seems to say that max occupancy is 4819 (vs 4905 for the rest of Q class) - wonder if RCI gave them that number and if true, what it might say about the ship design differences from her sisters.

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

^ Few would have guessed a few months ago Empress would be in Bayonne as the second ship for the '20 summer season.

Great itineraries but I wish it were a different ship.

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know when the rest of the 2021 schedule is coming out? And is there any way to keep track of it, like a notification when new cruises are posted or something? I was just looking at RCCL's site and saw a cruise I want to do, but they only have dates for 2020, and I want 2021. Of course, they might not offer this exact itinerary in 2021, but if they do, I want to be on it. 🙂

While looking up a certain cruise schedule web site that was mentioned on the 2021-2022 thread, quite by accident I discovered that Odyssey is supposed to be in St Maarten on Oct 30, 2020. This must be part of the TA, as there are no other appearance in Sep, Oct, or Nov 2020. And again on Dec 30, Jan 27, Feb 23, and Mar 24. 

Edited by lighthousemom

On 10/18/2018 at 10:06 PM, springaussie said:

Jewel is on sale now from Dubai to Rome/Civitavecchia 23 March 2020.

Recently booked a10 day cruise on Jewel from Barcelona - Copenhagen in May 2020  we hope she is in good shape....🤔

• Like 1