Status of Ocean Medallion?

denamo

Number rooms, I have no idea. All indications are the Regal is being integrated with *****. The statement that gets me is work stopped on the Regal on ***** before going to the Baltic. You and others have stated this as fact many times and just does not appear to be true. Again on ***** and service center, read the posts. First hand posts and you claim different. Regal passengers have said they received their ***** before the cruise in the mail I presume. Could be FedEx, UPS, pick your poison and yet you still say you don't believe them. Yet we are supposed to take your posts as gospel. Please try and at least look at these other posts and not pooh pooh other first hand posters.[/quote

OK. Let's take it in order.

1) Work did stop on Regal with her spring T/A. Testing, cable pulling, and the ***** teams did move

to Caribbean.

2) That does not say anything about whether folks were or were not (temporarily?) later dispatched

to Regal to implement software patches or fix lessons learned on Caribbean.

3) There has been an ***** service center on Regal since the first ***** pilot cruise last year. Ditto for

pax in the pilot program having Medallions shipped to them. That such continues is to be expected

and tells us nothing. Now, if you know of a pax not in one of the original ***** staterooms getting

shipped a Medallion, it would tell us a lot. Alas, I haven't seen any such post.

4) What I told `megs1954` didn't mean that I had "doubts" about *****'s future, only that still having

issues with her door on Regal should not fuel hers.

Without hashing old news, I'm sailing the CB in 4 weeks, did I actually read that some of the ***** will be implemented around now, and the rest in a month?

Something like that. I'll be on Caribbean Princess next week through Sept 8 and will be doing a "live from" on my blog. I'll keep ya'll updated on *****!

Anyone know/have experience if the ***** is on the Majestic? I’m traveling on the Majestic in March of next year.

Is there a list/schedule as to which ships have the ***** & when other ships are supposed to have it?

Thanks!

Tom😎

Anyone know/have experience if the ***** is on the Majestic? I’m traveling on the Majestic in March of next year.

Is there a list/schedule as to which ships have the ***** & when other ships are supposed to have it?

Thanks!

Tom😎

There was a list last year but it became ...overcome by events. The thing that's still informative about

that list was that Princess expected to roll out 1 ship every two months.

Best rumor is that Caribbean goes full ***** next month, then Regal gets finished, then whatever ships

have been cabled for ***** while in recent dry dock. Is Majestic one of those?

There was a list last year but it became ...overcome by events. The thing that's still informative about

that list was that Princess expected to roll out 1 ship every two months.

Best rumor is that Caribbean goes full ***** next month, then Regal gets finished, then whatever ships

have been cabled for ***** while in recent dry dock. Is Majestic one of those?

I don't think the Majestic has been in a DD yet. It was just launched April 2017.

The CB is supposed to be online on the August 18th cruise.

I have been on the Regal Princess 3 times this year and have read a variety of threads on *****. I have lost all slight interest in the *****. X ship is certain to have ***** by X date because of X and X on or off the ship told me for certain. Reading the threads on this question is absolutely futile. I am sorry but the brand of tea thread has more accurate information & at this point more interesting. PS Insert anything you wish for X and someone will have posted it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only thing that is not connected to ***** that is of great interest is the great high speed Internet at certain (or now is it all) latitudes

The four crucial facts about MedallionNet/PrincessCONNECT, Voom, etc are:

• Satellite uplink costs at and within 48º degrees of the equator are now much cheaper than was.

• Cruise lines are under immense competitive pressure to provide unlimited-minute internet, pole to pole.

• They are trying various legerdemain to squeeze the necessary bandwidth within legacy satellite prices.

• None have managed so far and I, personally, don't think any such magic exists.

That will change once someone launches steerable-dish commercial satellites into a polar orbit.

The only thing that is not connected to ***** that is of great interest is the great high speed Internet at certain (or now is it all) latitudes

Oh! What's needed to use then new, spiffy satellites is new antenna-pointing hardware. The O3b satellites are in a

12 hour orbit, not a geosynchronous one, so they move across the sky and the ship's antenna has to follow them.

Emerald got hers last June and no one noticed until she started offering unlimited-minute internet.

BTW, "O3b" means "other 3 billion". The satellites are targeted for rural Africa and India.

OK. Let's take it in order.

1) Work did stop on Regal with her spring T/A. Testing, cable pulling, and the ***** teams did move

to Caribbean.

Remember that no ***** work has been done on her since her trans-Atlantic last spring. All the

experimentation, range-tuning, and fixing has been happening on Caribbean since then.

2) That does not say anything about whether folks were or were not (temporarily?) later dispatched

to Regal to implement software patches or fix lessons learned on Caribbean.

Remember that no ***** work has been done on her since her trans-Atlantic last spring. All the

experimentation, range-tuning, and fixing has been happening on Caribbean since then.

3) There has been an ***** service center on Regal since the first ***** pilot cruise last year. Ditto for

pax in the pilot program having Medallions shipped to them. That such continues is to be expected

and tells us nothing. Now, if you know of a pax not in one of the original ***** staterooms getting

shipped a Medallion, it would tell us a lot. Alas, I haven't seen any such post.

There is an ***** service center on Regal on deck 6.
I understand that you’re saying that M201 on the Regal Princess is not a medallion cabin. I have a picture of the outside of the cabin showing a Meallion screen up and running.

4) What I told `megs1954` didn't mean that I had "doubts" about *****'s future, only that still having

issues with her door on Regal should not fuel hers.

This thread is getting pretty old, need to stop kicking that old dead horse around. Only time will tell what will really happen to the *****, this thread is the biggest rumor mill of all rumor mills.

Amen

I am on the Regal Princess right now sitting in the harbor for Tallin and our Internet is very nice.

What was the half price quoted?

It said the normal price was $19.99 per day for the voyage.

MedallionNet™— Fast. Reliable. Unlimited. Affordable.

Caribbean Princess® has been completely upgraded with state-of-the-art technology so you can stay connected to the web like never before. Enjoy MedallionNet Wi-Fi for as low as $9.99 per day when a package is purchased for the entire voyage, plus save an additional 10% when you purchase pre-cruise.

I received an email from Princess last night for my cruise on 8/18 on the CB, offering me MedallionNet unlimited internet at half price. When I followed the link, no such option was available, only per minute plans.

I got the same email for the same cruise with the same link that took me to the same old pricing.

It said the normal price was $19.99 per day for the voyage.

MedallionNet™— Fast. Reliable. Unlimited. Affordable.

Caribbean Princess® has been completely upgraded with state-of-the-art technology so you can stay connected to the web like never before. Enjoy MedallionNet Wi-Fi for as low as $9.99 per day when a package is purchased for the entire voyage, plus save an additional 10% when you purchase pre-cruise.

Since you are ELITE, how would that work with your current 'free internet minutes' allocation based on length of cruise ?:confused:

Since you are ELITE, how would that work with your current 'free internet minutes' allocation based on length of cruise ?:confused:

It doesn’t . I am on the 18 August cruise as well and got the same email . I guess I will wait and see what happens when I board . The one “adjustment” I am making is that I am taking my blue band just in case they spring the medallion on us on this cruise :) .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I received an email from Princess last night for my cruise on 8/18 on the CB, offering me MedallionNet unlimited internet at half price. When I followed the link, no such option was available, only per minute plans.

I finally got the email to work...It's counterintuitive but you have to click on your name in the email, not the "save now" button. It shows $59.99 for each week for all three of my Caribbean Princess Cruises, Aug 18, 25, Sept 1.

I finally got the email to work...It's counterintuitive but you have to click on your name in the email, not the "save now" button. It shows $59.99 for each week for all three of my Caribbean Princess Cruises, Aug 18, 25, Sept 1.

Ah, thanks for the tip. Also purchased, for both August 18 and 25. I will ask about an adjustment for Elite once I board. I embark today but I received no offer for the August 11. I will let people know what I find out.

Just got off Caribbean Princess today. Was told Medalion was starting for those embarking today.

Noticed sensors on my balcony, two in stateroom and one in the bathroom. The hot tubs even had 2 sensors IN the hot tub on the decks.

Full ship wide? I hope so!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk