Boarded Harmony today for Honeymoon---off to a negative start!

No champagne- but red velvet cupcakes with an apology note about the retirement wine that was returned to the steward. My daughter and I have learned to always book through American Express Travel.

This will definitely be my last post unless it is in a roll call!

Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law on their marriage. I can't blame you about your last statement.

While it's wonderful to rave about and stand up in support of a company one loves, it's never okay to insult or ridicule a fellow member for taking the time to post a statement, concern, critique, opinion, review, or something they feel is important enough to write about. Yet, it seems to occur quite often on this site. We may not all agree on every post or understand why something is an issue to another member, but we should all be respectful of each other. Sarcasm might be funny when written about a company or object, it's not so funny when it's directed at another member. Try spreading some kindness, it will come back to you ten-fold. Peace out!

Honestly unless it was something I or a family member paid for, not receiving wouldn't ruin my cruise. I understand the idea of receiving some compensation for screwups, however a bottle of champagne wouldn't have been an acceptable option IMO. Giving an OBC even of just like 25 or 50 would have been a better offer.

Though I would almost wonder if perhaps the bottle of wine was given instead of champagne? Could have possibly had the wrong card attached.

I received on a cruise a envelope addressed to my cabin with my name on the outside and my cabin #, but what was on the inside had nothing to do with our cabin at all.

I think we got your daughter's champagne....when we were on the Independence in Norway about 10 days ago one day we got a tray of sweets and two days later we got bubbly and sweets.....no idea why unless they were saying they were sorry our toilets had not been flushing properly on three different days......but no note, no explanation, no nothing but a knock on the door and a nice lady handing me presents.

Hey man! We got the exact same thing on our cruise, too!

Although, it was actually our anniversary. We got the sweets one day and the bubbly/sweets with a Happy Anniversary card. Oddly, only my wife was mentioned on the card, but it made her laugh.

Sadly... the copter blades are loud and clear on OP's post.

The original cabin booking being cancelled without notice doesn't count? People should get over such little inconveniences? After all the cruise line can do no wrong. :rolleyes:

The neat thing about those of us who sit in the middle on these things...

For every one of them (the cheerleaders obsessed with the cruise line) there is one of you (the haters obsessed with calling out the cheerleaders) so it tends to balance out.

The overwhelming majority of us just have good times and bad times and still keep moving on.

Congratulations to your daughter and son-in-law on their marriage. I can't blame you about your last statement.

While it's wonderful to rave about and stand up in support of a company one loves, it's never okay to insult or ridicule a fellow member for taking the time to post a statement, concern, critique, opinion, review, or something they feel is important enough to write about. Yet, it seems to occur quite often on this site. We may not all agree on every post or understand why something is an issue to another member, but we should all be respectful of each other. Sarcasm might be funny when written about a company or object, it's not so funny when it's directed at another member. Try spreading some kindness, it will come back to you ten-fold. Peace out!

+1 well said.

The neat thing about those of us who sit in the middle on these things...

For every one of them (the cheerleaders obsessed with the cruise line) there is one of you (the haters obsessed with calling out the cheerleaders) so it tends to balance out.

The overwhelming majority of us just have good times and bad times and still keep moving on.

I do not hate cheerleaders. That is a despicable accusation. I do call it out when I feel it is getting excessive.

Which is exactly why she shouldn't have posted it that way. How do you think that makes someone feel who couldn't afford any honey moon at all, and now 30 years later scrimps and saves every penny to go on a 4 day cruise in an inside cabin? Probably pretty lousy. It came across as crass and disrespectful.

And no I'm not referring to myself but I know for sure there are people who don't like reading stuff like that.

Is it so hard to sugar coat a bit? Like:

"My daughter is so excited to be starting her honeymoon on the beautiful HOTS ! She got on the ship fine, no travel issues, and the ship is great. Only small issue so far is she didn't get her champagne yet but got someone else's retirement wine lol. Oh well I'm sure it'll come."

But you must have a great life indeed if that is a negative start to a honeymoon. For me that'd be getting injured, or robbed, or someone in the family dies, etc. I guess we're just jealous that major adversity for you is not getting a bottle of bubbly on a cruise ship.

Originally posted by CruisingfromDE

Which is exactly why she shouldn't have posted it that way. How do you think that makes someone feel who couldn't afford any honey moon at all, and now 30 years later scrimps and saves every penny to go on a 4 day cruise in an inside cabin? Probably pretty lousy. It came across as crass and disrespectful.

And no I'm not referring to myself but I know for sure there are people who don't like reading stuff like that.

Is it so hard to sugar coat a bit? Like:

"My daughter is so excited to be starting her honeymoon on the beautiful HOTS ! She got on the ship fine, no travel issues, and the ship is great. Only small issue so far is she didn't get her champagne yet but got someone else's retirement wine lol. Oh well I'm sure it'll come."

But you must have a great life indeed if that is a negative start to a honeymoon. For me that'd be getting injured, or robbed, or someone in the family dies, etc. I guess we're just jealous that major adversity for you is not getting a bottle of bubbly on a cruise ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DrD, My point was members can disagree without responding with insults, sarcastic comments directed towards each other, emojis with rolling eyes, etc. The OP's post wasn't personally directed to any one person or even to those of us who have to scrimp and save to afford a cruise (myself included), however, the sarcastic and insulting replies were personally directed to the OP and her daughter - that's a big difference in my opinion. As previously stated, we're not all going to agree with every post, but I think if we choose to comment on another member's post, it's important that we treat each other the way we want to be treated.

:'):'):')I am in that exact same boat!

Yeah, all that money we spent on them, growing up, they can't even spring for a couple bottles and a cake. I would take a few bucks to add to my OBC to be able to get myself a celebratory drink on them....

Apparently everyone in the Central Park balconies get a free bottle of bubbly so I think they will have drank it by now.

They sounded like the booking had a few mishaps first before the non arrival of promised Champagne.

They were in a Central Park Balcony where everyone gets a free bottle of bubbly so hopefully they will be fine now.

No, they do not. Have you stayed in a Central Park balcony? The amenities include a bottle of red wine, not champagne.

No, they do not. Have you stayed in a Central Park balcony? The amenities include a bottle of red wine, not champagne.
No we always get an ocean view balcony or JS and personally would not book an internal balcony.

I'm sure someone will confirm about those balcony perks and what choice of wine is included.

Just checked and yes it is a bottle of red wine and a complimentary lunch at Jamie's.

That said the op did say RC gave her a choice or red,white or champagne and they confirmed champagne so they have every justification in expecting the promise to be fulfilled.

Our honeymoon started with me having a serious moped accident in Bermuda.

I had excellent care at the hospital and dealt with dressings and bandages for the rest of our stay at the Mermaid Beach hotel which is now condos.

Anyway, thirty -five years later we are still married,traveling and love to visit Bermuda. No moped riding though!

I wish the honeymoon couple many good days and years of travel ahead.

A word of advice- don’t sweat the small stuff,save your energy for the serious stuff you will encounter along the way !

Mine was an almost head on colision with a bus in Hawaii....while riding a MOPED. Those stupid things.

DH couldn't figure out where I had gone....I went diagonal through a major intersection in Honolulu and thankfully only had a few minor scrapes and scratches. Cruising is much easier on the body!

Edited by bc_redhead

Amen just what I was thinking. Man some people on here are too ready to bite your head off.

I think folks need to accept RCL for what it is...a family friendly, economy cruise line. Just like NCL and Carnival. Which is fine. But, if you truly want a "special occasion" to be recognized, I'd consider stepping it up a notch to a luxury cruise line. Relying on RCL to go above and beyond is like relying on Marriott or Hilton to go above and beyond. Sometimes it happens...sometimes it doesn't. Don't expect it, regardless of what an hourly wage worker at a call center promises you. The price point you're paying is going to guarantee exactly what you're paying for, and not much else.

I think folks need to accept RCL for what it is...a family friendly, economy cruise line. Just like NCL and Carnival. Which is fine. But, if you truly want a "special occasion" to be recognized, I'd consider stepping it up a notch to a luxury cruise line. Relying on RCL to go above and beyond is like relying on Marriott or Hilton to go above and beyond. Sometimes it happens...sometimes it doesn't. Don't expect it, regardless of what an hourly wage worker at a call center promises you. The price point you're paying is going to guarantee exactly what you're paying for, and not much else.

I think the issue is that one paid for Marriott and got Red Roof.

Our daughter and new son-in-law boarded Harmony today at 11:15. They did not receive any mention of their honeymoon. Their stateroom (Central Park balcony) was available at 1:15. When they arrived...once again no mention of the honeymoon! No welcome champagne as promised! However, they received a note and bottle of wine that said, "Happy Retirement Mom!" They notified the courtesy desk. They picked up Mom's wine and gave them a card with a reservation to the buffet at Solarium Bistro.

My daughter is currently an Emerald member; one point from Diamond. I would think that RCI would want to entice a young professional couple by showing their best efforts! :confused::confused::confused:

Swimmomneedsabreak

Wow, that was fast. Their room was available at 1:15 and you post this at 1:27? That's what they think is more important is to tell you this and not start enjoying their honeymoon?