Mr. Sanchos Question

Brandi36

You're not the first person I've seen post this. In fact there was a big discussion about this somewhere. (Here? Our social media roll call? I don't know) but everyone was unhappy with them and said they didn't come close to Mr. Sancho's.

Guess I am not everyone never had a problem at Nachi. We have seen drink menus and have had all we wanted to ask.. Just have to ask.. Much less crowded with limited to 140 people a day. Great time at a great price

Several years ago we went to Mr Sanchos, via taxi, but did not buy the all-inclusive. I think we paid an admission charge, grabbed a free lounger on the beach, and when we were ready, bought a couple of beers and a plate of nachos. I don't think the day there cost us more than $30 total, not including the taxi.

Does anyone know if this option is still available? Or, is it just now all-inclusive or nothing?

If not available here, does anyone have any suggestions as to a nice beach where you don't have to buy an all-inclusive?

I think Cozumel has the most incredibly beautiful waters.

Thanks!

We cruised Thanksgiving day 2017 and didn’t really plan to go to the beach. We decided later to go but by the time we got off the ship, Sanchos was sold out. We took a taxi to Carlos and Charlie’s and had a great time. Taxi ride was maybe 8.00 per person and plentiful taxis to come back. Beach was free and they had plenty of loungers, chairs, beds, etc. we bought food and drinks there al a carte and there were massages available, jet ski, parasailing etc and shopping. Although we got off the ship late, it seems we were there an extended time because we spent a couple of hours at the port walking around, and taking pictures before heading back to the ship. I think it was the Cozumel plus day or maybe it just seemed longer because we didn’t have any plans and just relaxed. I agree with the beautiful waters and Cozumel never disappoints. We have booked Sanchos before through shore excursioneer and paid the very low deposit and the balance when we got there with cash or card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is true in Cozumel and elsewhere, is that you can't independently book an excursion vendor if that vendor has contracted with Carnival for Carnival sponsored tours.

In order to minimize paybacks through the Carnival excursion price guarantee, Carnival requires their tours to handle only guests who have paid through Carnival.

Mr Snacho's and Nachi Cocum are totally independent from Carnival, therefore it is okay to reserve with them if they have spots open and you are on a Carnival (or any other cruiseline) ship.

Absolutely DID NOT have a good time there. I have only been once but all the drinks tasted like dirty water. (Yes i should not have kept drinking) and the food options were limited to 1 app, 1 main and 1 dessert. Sanchos is truly unlimited. And they have a drink menu. Nachi did not have a drink menu, weird right?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Here I thought I was the only one who felt this way about Nachi Cocum.

My drinks were all terrible. The server "assigned" to us was mostly invisible. The one time I went to the bar to get my own drink, it was amazing! Of course, this was before we had to leave to get back to the ship. Since our invisible waiter rarely came around, we didn't have our entire meals. We definitely lost $$ at NC.

We are already booked at Mr. Sancho's through their own website. Hopefully we'll have a better experience.

Here I thought I was the only one who felt this way about Nachi Cocum.

My drinks were all terrible. The server "assigned" to us was mostly invisible. The one time I went to the bar to get my own drink, it was amazing! Of course, this was before we had to leave to get back to the ship. Since our invisible waiter rarely came around, we didn't have our entire meals. We definitely lost $$ at NC.

We are already booked at Mr. Sancho's through their own website. Hopefully we'll have a better experience.

Sanchos so much better then Nachi= We would never return= I agree- the place was dirty and the plastic chairs and tables not only dirty but broken. We also booked Mr. Sancho's for our next winter cruise!

What is true in Cozumel and elsewhere, is that you can't independently book an excursion vendor if that vendor has contracted with Carnival for Carnival sponsored tours.

In order to minimize paybacks through the Carnival excursion price guarantee, Carnival requires their tours to handle only guests who have paid through Carnival.

Mr Snacho's and Nachi Cocum are totally independent from Carnival, therefore it is okay to reserve with them if they have spots open and you are on a Carnival (or any other cruiseline) ship.

Ha! We were in St Kitts once and took an "independent" tour for a very reasonable price ($15?). The vendor asked us not to mention how much we paid to the other guests.

Got to the open-air bus and it was full of people on a Carnival sponsored excursion.

Ha! We were in St Kitts once and took an "independent" tour for a very reasonable price ($15?). The vendor asked us not to mention how much we paid to the other guests.

Got to the open-air bus and it was full of people on a Carnival sponsored excursion.

I guess that vendor didn't want his breach of contract getting back to Carnival, hence the vow of silence. Probably a lower level employee who saw a quick opportunity to pocket some cash, hiding it from Carnival and his boss.

Guess I am not everyone never had a problem at Nachi. We have seen drink menus and have had all we wanted to ask.. Just have to ask.. Much less crowded with limited to 140 people a day. Great time at a great price
Ditto. Always a great time, good food, smaller crowds. Going again in February [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app

Ditto. Always a great time, good food, smaller crowds. Going again in February [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Forums mobile app

I agree. Nachi must have cleaned up and upgraded their drinks. All were strong and fresh. Was just there 5 days ago. Beautiful and no crowds. 17 cab fare each way. 20180611_083842.thumb.jpg.2277a98fd51d2f1d21c5e43076201f10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app