Photos of the Newly Renovated Mariner of the Seas!

The SL got a slice of the Viking Crown opposite where the DL is. The concierge lounge is now 4 new interior staterooms. The rest of Viking Crown still open to everyone, as it should be.
As long as there's not a private event up there. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I just got off the Mariner earlier today and had a fabulous time. It was a VERY quick cruise (2 days), but myself and other coworkers were invited so 1. We can test out the customer service and renovations to make sure guests will have an amazing time and 2. We can have our own personal experience that we can share with others so they will want to sail on this beautiful ship. The staff was great and I have no complaints from my end. I will be limited to answer certain questions, as this sailing was made up of RCCL employees. However, I know everyone is seeking photos of the redesign, so that's what I'll be posting. Enjoy!

P.S. - I apologize in advance, but the photos will appear mixed together, as I couldn't figure out to organize the photos while using Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162778383@N04/shares/VWm954

Thank you for the pictures. I really was curious. I am going with my family in September. Oh and thank you for being an RC employee, you guys make our cruises special with your service. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was the CL that was replaced, but you are correct.

Opps mind f*rt... yes CL. I knew what I meant but fingers didn’t cooperate.

I’m ok with CL removed and SL added on ships that create the new Suite Lounge in a different location. CL replaced by SL plays into narrative of those already angry that the CL was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for the pictures. They are great. We have so many fond memories of Mariner and "Captain Johnny" when she was in Port Canaveral. To some extent, our kids "grew up" on the Mariner as we took our summer vacation on her for many years running when they went from pre-teens to grads. She still looks like the Mariner but fresher and newer. I have been looking at some YT videos but they did not show as much of what I wanted to see as you did with your photos. It looks like they moved the shops around and put Playmakers down at the end across from the cafe. Vintages became Bamboo and according to the RCI spokesman it is intended to have more specialty drinks and highly skilled bartenders. To me this sounds a lot like Carnival's Alchemy Bar which we enjoy a lot. The Champagne Bar is completely gone with shore excursions and next cruise taking that space. The Dragons Lair disco is now inside cabins. I was wondering if they kept the Britto artwork and your photos confirm that they kept at least some of it. Good stuff!

Edited by EBFURR

If the dragons lair is gone... Where's the night club?? This will be my first time on this class of ship... Looking forward to it. We are on allure the week before :)

They have the nightclub function in Viking Crown.

The whole thread with accompanying photos look terrific. I realize that this ship's itinerary is now geared to providing short cruises with families in mind but for those who travel long distances to get to Florida whether without families or not I hope that in a couple of years the Mariner will eventually become a 7 night or more cruise itinerary.Where the topic of refurbishing the cabins came up a few times I would think that if some needed to be done, they would be ? It also was interesting to see the new type lounge chairs used. Now, instead of the long standing blue strap design that's replaceable they buy the heavy brown mesh material. See how long that's going to last. (Bob Clarea, have an enjoyable time when you and the Mrs.cruise)

I agree, Playmaker's took out a big shop.

Bob, looking at the deck plan (and using my not so great memory) it appears that they took the retail space displaced by Playmakers and moved it up to the other end near the dining room and bumped shore excursions and next cruise over where the Champagne bar used to be. Overall, it is a nice layout though. It also looks like Schooner bar got a remake with the piano moving out near the walkway and a new bar on the outside wall.

The whole thread with accompanying photos look terrific. I realize that this ship's itinerary is now geared to providing short cruises with families in mind but for those who travel long distances to get to Florida whether without families or not I hope that in a couple of years the Mariner will eventually become a 7 night or more cruise itinerary.Where the topic of refurbishing the cabins came up a few times I would think that if some needed to be done, they would be ? It also was interesting to see the new type lounge chairs used. Now, instead of the long standing blue strap design that's replaceable they buy the heavy brown mesh material. See how long that's going to last. (Bob Clarea, have an enjoyable time when you and the Mrs.cruise)
Other ships in line to get Amplified. I'm sure you'll find one that does 7 days

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bob, looking at the deck plan (and using my not so great memory) it appears that they took the retail space displaced by Playmakers and moved it up to the other end near the dining room and bumped shore excursions and next cruise over where the Champagne bar used to be. Overall, it is a nice layout though. It also looks like Schooner bar got a remake with the piano moving out near the walkway and a new bar on the outside wall.

I see, so they removed the Champagne Bar, but added that Tiki bar thing on the Promenade. Interesting.

Besides the alliteration, I would say barnacles would be the things that attach themselves to ships, and barrels could be "barrels of rum" that were often transferred from the islands to the colonies on the east coast of the know United States and points beyond on board ships.

Yes, I am trying to figure out what Barnacles and Barrels have in common?

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off the Mariner earlier today and had a fabulous time. It was a VERY quick cruise (2 days), but myself and other coworkers were invited so 1. We can test out the customer service and renovations to make sure guests will have an amazing time and 2. We can have our own personal experience that we can share with others so they will want to sail on this beautiful ship. The staff was great and I have no complaints from my end. I will be limited to answer certain questions, as this sailing was made up of RCCL employees. However, I know everyone is seeking photos of the redesign, so that's what I'll be posting. Enjoy!

P.S. - I apologize in advance, but the photos will appear mixed together, as I couldn't figure out to organize the photos while using Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162778383@N04/shares/VWm954

Thank you, the photos are great