Games to take for sea days

LynnTTT

We're going on a world cruise in the near future and are wondering what to do on the many many many sea days! To complicate it further, we are going on Costa which will have mostly Europeans. I have MahJongg cards in the hope that there will be people to play American Mah Jongg, but wonder if there are any board or card games that Europeans may be familiar with. I can play games all afternoon, but my DH has limits. We've played "sequence" on trips and I think maybe a travel size set might work.

But I'm not sure it is the right game to play with strangers who may not speak great English. Played with family once and my grandson aged 20 was not real comfortable playing with me ( age 70).

We formed a group of about 30 from our CC M&G and met every seas day ( there were 8) to play Left-Right-Center with $1 bills.

From that group we had a smaller group break out and played ThreeUpThreeDown and Qwerkle in the afternoons.

These game sessions with my new best friends were the highlight of my cruise (except for the Panama Canal of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've played Sequence (we brought along our travel-size version) as well as Left-Right-Centre on a few cruises. You can also bring along a deck of cards and a cribbage board, Yahtzee, or poker dice. None of these take up much room, especially when you're packing for an extended cruise. Have fun!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Cards against Humanity is my favourite personally.

Most classic board games and card games are played by us over here in Europe...promise. We don't play apples to apples though and may call certain card games something different but it will be the same game.

Mahjong is Chinese anyway. Your US version probably won't be different to the card and tile sets used over here. As it is more popular on computers it may take explaining regardless.

May I suggest a classic games compendium set? The one with various boards and pieces rolled into one.

exploding kittens

you will make new and interesting friends playing this one ….

https://explodingkittens.com/

and it does not take up much room

else

rockem sockem robots …. who doesn't like this game?

else a simple deck of cards … poker anyone? bridge is SO dull …..

who ever heard of strip bridge? :')

Edited by Capt_BJ

We're going on a world cruise in the near future and are wondering what to do on the many many many sea days! To complicate it further, we are going on Costa which will have mostly Europeans. I have MahJongg cards in the hope that there will be people to play American Mah Jongg, but wonder if there are any board or card games that Europeans may be familiar with. I can play games all afternoon, but my DH has limits. We've played "sequence" on trips and I think maybe a travel size set might work.

I suggest Scrabble .It is a universal game.My second choice is Perquacky.

I suggest Scrabble .It is a universal game.My second choice is Perquacky.

We always take our Scrabble game and play in our cabin. Most all RCI ships we've been on and our most recent (May) Celebrity cruise had/has many board games available.

We always take our Scrabble game and play in our cabin. Most all RCI ships we've been on and our most recent (May) Celebrity cruise had/has many board games available.

On my last RCI cruise there was 1 set of scrabble available but it was mussing pieces.

I play Words With Friends with several people who post on CC .

On my last RCI cruise there was 1 set of scrabble available but it was mussing pieces.

I play Words With Friends with several people who post on CC .

And that's why we take our own. On my X cruise last month I was surprised to see four sets of Scrabble and nice velvet bags that contained the tiles.....They had more board games and puzzles than I had ever seen on RCI before. At least they did some things better...but that's off topic ;)