What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 7/19/2019 at 4:07 PM, drvmywifecrzy said:

Any August Escape sailors get their Haven bid accepted this week?

I'm on for the entire month and just upgraded to the same room for all legs. I'd look at the website and check prices, as many have come down to less than bids. I upgraded to the H5 for $275pp for Aug 11 leg from an MA MiniSuite. 

Robbie

Edited by romalley99

Hi all, 

I thought I would pop in and share what I did this week, as it may benefit some folks in here. I will be on the Escape the entire month of August, so I'm very familiar with the past and most recent prices for next month on Escape.

This week, the prices dropped to record lows, for Haven to Bermuda, at least. This has been the lowest I've ever seen retail Haven Prices in MANY years. Anyway..... 

For those sailing next month on the Escape, CHECK the prices. You may have a bid in higher than what it is retail for the upgrade. 

I paid under $1000 total per week, all from MA to H5. (Example, August 11th cruise I paid $275pp (first and second only).... CRAZY low for MA to H5)! And my bids were $900-$1000 x 2 PER week. So by going outright, I saved a HUGE amount (and got the additional perks 😉  and OBC)! 

Hope some will find this helpful! 

Robbie 

• Like 2

Thanks Robbie, i posted similar info as well letting others know it is worth the phone call.  We upgraded from a lower Haven class to a better one for a lot lower than we could have a month ago.

40 minutes ago, romalley99 said:

I'm on for the entire month and just upgraded to the same room for all legs. I'd look at the website and check prices, as many have come down to less than bids. I upgraded to the H5 for $275pp for Aug 11 leg from an MA MiniSuite. 

Robbie

And your CAS rep did this for you?

Edited by drvmywifecrzy

1 hour ago, romalley99 said:

Robbie

Robbie,

we just did the same for the cruise on the 11th!   The drop this past week made it no longer worth the “gamble” of the bidding process.  We moved from our original B9 to an H5 for just a bit more than what we had been bidding.  

It’s our first NCL cruise and we can’t wait!

looking forward to meeting everyone at the Meet & Greet!

For those of you bidding on a spa balcony, cabin 15156 should be open for bidding 😀

Jon & Carolyn

On 7/25/2019 at 10:59 PM, FaithPlus1 said:

Bid on my 7/29 Jewel cruise. Haven't heard anything yet. Deliberately did low bids because I'm okay with my current indoor cabin. 

Bid $75(really $150 since I'm solo) on oceanview....considered a poor bid...lowest you could bid is $50

Bid $150 (really $300 since I'm solo) on balcony.....considered a poor bid ...lowest you could bid is $75

Did you win your bid?  I am sailing on the Jewel in September, would love the data point.

Paul

12 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Robbie,

we just did the same for the cruise on the 11th!   The drop this past week made it no longer worth the “gamble” of the bidding process.  We moved from our original B9 to an H5 for just a bit more than what we had been bidding.  

It’s our first NCL cruise and we can’t wait!

looking forward to meeting everyone at the Meet & Greet!

For those of you bidding on a spa balcony, cabin 15156 should be open for bidding 😀

Jon & Carolyn

Looking forward to meeting you next month! 

Robbie

1 hour ago, Shidah said:

I’ve upgraded three times so far through CAS on my upcoming Escape cruise.

Did CAS just charge you the difference between current value of your cabin and current list price of the upgraded?

(I ask because some have said CAS wouldnt do that.  That they would only go with their set pricing for upgrades, but  they did it once for me!)

I am booked on the Escape for August 11th in an inside room (first cruise)! We are hoping to go from inside to a Spa Balcony.

Anyone been in this position and have a suggestion for how much we should bid? We paid $699/pp for our inside room and currently are bidding $200/pp but are worried that it won’t be enough. 

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Did CAS just charge you the difference between current value of your cabin and current list price of the upgraded?

(I ask because some have said CAS wouldnt do that.  That they would only go with their set pricing for upgrades, but  they did it once for me!)

When I upgraded to an aft balcony, it was their set 600 charge.  Then I upgraded to a Haven spa suite, and the difference came out to the current rate minus the current rate of your original comp minus what I paid.  .  Then I moved to an aft Haven suite which dropped in price to close to the spa suite that it was the difference between the two rooms $200.  The aft dropped again the next day to be exactly the same price, but oh well.  I called about a H4 and the price quoted is the difference between the two rooms, but not necessarily the cost of the room, minus the comp, minus what I paid, which would be even less.  And I am sort of looking forward to the aft balcony so we may stay put.    With the Haven, they have to manually compute it every time and it is hard to get the same quote twice since the numbers are always changing to current price.  So if you are quoted something you can live with, grab it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bluehens12 said:

I am booked on the Escape for August 11th in an inside room (first cruise)! We are hoping to go from inside to a Spa Balcony.

Anyone been in this position and have a suggestion for how much we should bid? We paid $699/pp for our inside room and currently are bidding $200/pp but are worried that it won’t be enough. 

Being that you are coming from an Inside Cabin,I would maybe think of going just a little higher. Spa Passes alone go for around $200pp, and then the balcony room comes out to little more. But that's just my logic. Food for thought. I've seen minimums win, so keep that hope! See you onboard August 11! 

Robbie

6 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Leaving the 29th for Jewel Alaska Northbound.

Did not win my bid but the cruise was full a week ago so I wasn't surprised.

Oh well in an inside room.

Can you tell us the amount of your bid?   Thanks.

12 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I seem to get the same response.  They want 1250/pp to from BA to H9 and the price difference isn't that much.  They say that's the standard increase.

See, I would jump at that since I paid more than 1250 per person when I made the upgrade from my reg aft balcony to a B9.  But at that time, the H9 was also higher than it presently is today.  

Edited by Shidah

4 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I seem to get the same response.  They want 1250/pp to from BA to H9 and the price difference isn't that much.  They say that's the standard increase.

I'm wondering if CAS will waive the 'standard' increase and instead offer you the actual difference if you wait until closer to the cruise date.   If you ask to pay for upgrade when first booked it seems to always go to standard amount.   

On 7/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, Bluehens12 said:

We won our upgrade on the sailing before you. Inside to a Spa Balcony for $250pp well worth it in our opinion 

Finally got around to posting my upgrade options for my September 22nd cruise on the Epic in the Med.

We are currently in a Haven Aft-Penthouse suite. We originally booked a Mini-Suite with perks at an amazing price (for us) and decided to email our TA and switch to the Haven Aft at a great price. We received our upgrade email (weeks ago) for either the 2 Bedroom Suite, or the Owners Suite. The minimum for the 2 Bedroom Suite was $500 and the Owners Suite was $750, which we submitted minimum bids. 

I highly doubt based on the price we paid for the Aft that they will accept our bids but we haven't been told no yet! A part of me wants to increase the bid but the logical part of me is saying it would be a waste of money. We have excursions planned everyday and only one at sea day, so  we really won't enjoy much of the area. Plus we already have the Haven Perks being in the Aft-Suite. I personally don't mind walking aft to forward as we are both young and like being very active. 

I will update when I can!

22 minutes ago, tap_out said:

We won our upgrade on the sailing before you. Inside to a Spa Balcony for $250pp well worth it in our opinion 

Wow I am surprised you already found out!  Thanks for the feedback. I just raised my bid for the Spa Balcony from $200 to $215/pp. I’m really hoping I have the same success, I am afraid that the Escape on the 11th is going to be nearly at capacity making upgrades unlikely...

Booked a large balcony on the Pride of America leaving August 31. I put bids in for penthouse .org large balcony (650pp), deluxe penthouse with large balcony (760pp), and owner’s suite (1000pp—the minimum bid). 

Highly doubt we we will get upgraded on this popular cruise, but will post back and let everyone know. I tried searching for people who previously scored PofA upgrades and couldn’t find any. Sigh.