What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

49 minutes ago, GMS1987 said:

Has anyone received an accepted offer for the August 2nd Norwegian Gem to Bermuda yet?

It’s still too early for most upgrades to happen, unless you way overbid or they need that category to open up a soloist category the majority of upgrades are done 5 to 7 days prior to sailing.  I’ve won all 4 of my bids, but received acceptance 5, 4, 3, and most recently last month on escape at 2pm on Friday before Sunday sailing.  Good luck on bids enjoy your cruise!!!

• Like 1

Just got upgraded today for the 7/21/19 Escape to Bermuda.  Originally booked balcony BF and got upgraded to Haven Aft H6.  Bid was $1500/person.  This was the room we wanted so may have been a little aggressive, still saved thousands over regular "retail" haven pricing...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, deweytrader said:

Just got upgraded today for the 7/21/19 Escape to Bermuda.  Originally booked balcony BF and got upgraded to Haven Aft H6.  Bid was $1500/person.  This was the room we wanted so may have been a little aggressive, still saved thousands over regular "retail" haven pricing...

On a side note just noticed the old cabin I was upgraded from is available on the site to book...

Norwegian Dawn 

July 13th, 2019 

7-Day Bahamas and Florida from New York 

Original Cabin: IA - Interior 

Minimum Bid to an Ocean View: $25pp

Minimum Bid  to a Balcony: $50pp

I bid $50pp to Ocean View and $145pp to Balcony. 

Got notified today I won the Ocean View, $100 total. Assigned a OB category on deck 5. Overall, I am happy, BUT, I was hoping for the Balcony. I had only a balcony bid up until last week when I noticed the Balconies were sold out, then I put in the OV bid just to get out of the interior. Glad it worked out in some form. Even though it was 48 hours before. 

Robbie

• Like 1

15 hours ago, romalley99 said:

Norwegian Dawn 

July 13th, 2019 

7-Day Bahamas and Florida from New York 

Original Cabin: IA - Interior 

Minimum Bid to an Ocean View: $25pp

Minimum Bid  to a Balcony: $50pp

I bid $50pp to Ocean View and $145pp to Balcony. 

Got notified today I won the Ocean View, $100 total. Assigned a OB category on deck 5. Overall, I am happy, BUT, I was hoping for the Balcony. I had only a balcony bid up until last week when I noticed the Balconies were sold out, then I put in the OV bid just to get out of the interior. Glad it worked out in some form. Even though it was 48 hours before. 

Robbie

How can you tell that the balcony's are full? I haven't been able to figure out how to see what rooms are still available etc.

5 minutes ago, GMS1987 said:

How can you tell that the balcony's are full? I haven't been able to figure out how to see what rooms are still available etc.

I just do an online booking on the ncl site up to the point where you can see the rooms available in the different categories.

Spirit 17th August. My original was an OX grade ( ocean view gtee) i got a balcony for £550 for the two of us which was the maximum bid. i put the max in as i really wanted the best chance of getting the upgrade and was happy to pay this much more for it. It seems to have saved me about £700 off the original balcony Guarantee price. Needless to say my silly offers for the suites were all turned down. 

24 minutes ago, jojane said:

Spirit 17th August. My original was an OX grade ( ocean view gtee) i got a balcony for £550 for the two of us which was the maximum bid. i put the max in as i really wanted the best chance of getting the upgrade and was happy to pay this much more for it. It seems to have saved me about £700 off the original balcony Guarantee price. Needless to say my silly offers for the suites were all turned down. 

They don't turn them down until 48 hours prior, normally makes no sense for them to turn down a mid august sailing already? 

6 hours ago, GMS1987 said:

If you search your sailing on the NCL, it will show you whats still available. 

Robbie

22 hours ago, romalley99 said:

Have a great cruise Robbie! Now I can tell my wife the saying  “once you go Suites/Haven you can never go back” is just a myth.

On 7/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, deweytrader said:

That's interesting. I placed a bit on the balcony and spa Balcony for this exact cruise/week and have yet to receive any notification. Now I'm worried..

I just checked NCL and its showing our entire cruise sold out for every room.

Edited by Cariot

5 hours ago, Cariot said:

That's interesting. I placed a bit on the balcony and spa Balcony for this exact cruise/week and have yet to receive any notification. Now I'm worried..

I just checked NCL and its showing our entire cruise sold out for every room.

There is still hope for cancellations, but it's a small chance, if not you'll get the rejection email Friday afternoon, enjoy your cruise 

80 days out for Breakaway Western Caribbean.  Booked guaranteed balcony and ended up on 9th floor in BD room.  Bids for:

Spa Balcony     $   75 -   400

Mini-Suite         $   25 -   400

Spa Mini-Suite $ 100 -   500

Haven (H7)      $ 500 -  2000

Haven (H6)      $ 800 -  2500

Haven (H5)      $ 500 -  2000

Haven (H4)      $1000 - 2750

Haven (H3)      $1500 - 3000

Haven (H2)      $1500 - 3000

Not sure if will put in any bid because I kinda like where the room is now.  My mom doesn't do well walking alot and I would hate to end up on the very front or back of ship.

Edited by Jasonmom

In a dilemma over whether to bid or not....sailing on Bliss and currently in lowest category Haven (H8) category. I specifically booked this room as it has the bedroom separate from living room. I'm traveling with 2 kids so they will sleep on the pull out couch in living room. Bidding just became available and it looks as if the only other Haven categories with a separate sleeping area are Owners Suite (showing sold out for months), 2 bedroom, and aft balcony. Starting bid for 2 bedroom is $780 per person, for owners suite $980 per person, and aft balcony $375 per person. This is a 6 day cruise. My dilemma is whether it is worth potentially paying at a minimum another $750 for a different room.....

The 2 of us had an H8 on our last Joy cruise and it was great. Good size cabin with a dining table for 4. Balcony was smallish, but adequate. 

H6 aft is our favorite cabin with two bathrooms and large balcony. Some balconies are larger than others and floor plans vary depending on the deck level.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:56 PM, Fcris87ibew said:

Bid for a mini suite w balcony from our hull balcony for our august 2 Bermuda cruise. Went in at $80p/p. 

good luck! cant believe only 20 days...We are in an obstructed view on deck 8.  I have two family members that live in your town.  Small world.

14 hours ago, aero777 said:

The 2 of us had an H8 on our last Joy cruise and it was great. Good size cabin with a dining table for 4. Balcony was smallish, but adequate. 

H6 aft is our favorite cabin with two bathrooms and large balcony. Some balconies are larger than others and floor plans vary depending on the deck level.

Aim higher -- the H4 room is my all time favorite but prices for those are way above my pay grade (even with bidding).

9 hours ago, Kathix said:

good luck! cant believe only 20 days...We are in an obstructed view on deck 8.  I have two family members that live in your town.  Small world.

Ha that’s funny. We are on deck 8 as of now also. Small world indeed