HAL Deck Plans

innlady1

I am so frustrated with the new website. I spent at least an hour earlier this afternoon trying to locate the ship Deck Plans...to no avail. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastest and easiest is to Google "deck plans (name of ship)". You'll get the HAL PDF as one of the first few listed hits.

Yes, you are right. And in fact Googling directly is one of the best ways to avoid the frustration on many websites.

Yes, you are right. And in fact Googling directly is one of the best ways to avoid the frustration on many websites.

I agree! I have been through the same frustration on the Hal website until my son said—just google it! By joe there it was. It is crazy that you cannot find the deck plans with ease.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am so frustrated with the new website. I spent at least an hour earlier this afternoon trying to locate the ship Deck Plans...to no avail. Anyone

It only took me 58 minutes... but I’m bragging.

if you start your search with "site:hollandamerica.com" then your search terms, all results should be from the Holland America website. This is also true with any other website.

eg:

site:hollandamerica.com westerdam deck plan

if you start your search with "site:hollandamerica.com" then your search terms, all results should be from the Holland America website. This is also true with any other website.

eg:

site:hollandamerica.com westerdam deck plan

That's a great tip:D Thank you :)

You can if you know where to look..;)
Sure, most everything is easy when you know how to do it. The point is that it should be a lot easier to figure out for those who don't yet know how to get through the maze.

I keep the Old Cruise Atlas and use it for deck plans. Much easier than going around the web site although the print is pretty small for these old eyes.

It's much easier for me to enlarge the PDF files than to find a magnifying glass! Before I decided on a cruise, I downloaded the deckplans for all ships. It took me about 3 minutes to find them. I'd never used the previous HAL Website, but I can certainly understand your frustration with the new one. I certainly would have designed it differently!

Sure, most everything is easy when you know how to do it. The point is that it should be a lot easier to figure out for those who don't yet know how to get through the maze.

Krooznut's wink suggests to me that he's well aware of that and was posting tongue-in-cheek, but your point is well taken: the HAL site simply isn't intuitive, even for those who have used past HAL websites.

Which is exactly my point. Folks need to take a little time to learn the new site (as with anything new in our lives), and then it will seem so simple that they might even be embarrassed that they complained about it in the first place. ;)

Sincere thanks to those of you who shared your "discoveries." I'll admit I don't have a lot of patience with poorly designed websites. I worked in software development for my entire adult life, and I had a philosophy that a website should be patently obvious to a casual observer, including drop-down menu choices when you scroll over a link. All of our software was designed, tested, and delivered hand-in-paw with our user community. If my development team had tried to deliver something so "elegant", and yet so unfriendly as this one, we would have had some remedial training on identifying and designing for our target users.

Can anyone still access the old site? I no longer can; it won't fully load. I can access the the new site, but I have never been able to "search" for a cruise, or even look at a page if the link involves choosing an area to sail.

Any suggestions other than buying a new desktop computer?:( Not an option. I'll admit my operating system is a little dated, but I don't have trouble accessing other web sites, except occasionally not getting pictures. The new web site WILL work on my newer iPad, but I prefer a larger screen.

Thanks catl331,but it's not working with my Mac and Safari...it did for a few weeks, but no longer. By the way, I can't use Hawaiian Airlines' site either, just get text and can't book...

Thanks, but it's not working with my Mac and Safari...it did for a few weeks, but no longer. By the way, I can't use Hawaiian Airlines' site either, just get text and can't book...

Just checked it on my MacBook Pro and Safari and it worked fine. Did you remember to clear your cookies and cache for the website first, before trying the link?