RCI robbing me

I “escalated” this after it happened and received $100 back, which, while not great, was better than nothing. Cruise is over and done, but it won’t happen again.

Sherri:)

So you just neglected to mention this in post #10?

You purposely tried to make it sound as though you lost the $100...sheesh

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So you just neglected to mention this in post #10?

You purposely tried to make it sound as though you lost the $100...sheesh

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She did lose $100... the OBC was $200.

I think she was just telling a similar story that happened to her.

She did lose $100... the OBC was $200.

I think she was just telling a similar story that happened to her.

Thanks, I forgot how picky people can be on here:rolleyes:

Sherri:)

Wow, you paid off the cruise far too early and missed out on possible price drops.

Definitely pay the $75 and then take care of this with your travel agent because your travel agent (owns) the reservation, not you.

Royal Caribbean did not rob you. You kind of robbed yourself. You paid off the cruise 8 or 9 months too early & you don't own your reservation.

Good luck! I hope you fix this issue with your travel agent.

:cool:

If you pay off your cruise well before final payment you are still eligible for price drops at least up until final payment. I'm not sure why you would lose that option.

So here's the end of the story. And RCI's integrity has been restored (but keep watch on your bookings folks!).

The TA I was using has been sold to a new TA (and back in my home state too! Go Blue!) Nobody told me but I had suspected all was not well with the old TA last fall when it took days to get her to reply to emails (and by then the desired cabin was gone) so I had started using a new TA (this info is to make a short story long). So as cruise dates approach the old TA is transferring the booking to the new TA. The new TA wasn't even aware of some of the bookings I had. I forwarded all my final payment confirmations which notes OBC being granted by RCI and the old TA.

I suggested that the old TA had committed fraud by seeing a price drop on a paid booking, applying for it and pocketing the change. But that is not the case. The new TA told me that stuff is being dropped off as the transfer between agencies happens. She has to get it reinstated and today she claims she has for my November cruise.

And for everyone who flamed me for paying off my cruises...I only work part time and will be retiring next month. My mother had passed away and I saw an opportunity to pay off the bulk of expenses (cruise) knowing I was about to only have Social Security as income, from which airline tickets and extras will have to come.

So happy to hear you got this all straightened out. I think most people were just trying to make you understand that Royal did not rob you or mess up your cruise. The fault was always with your TA.

I'm not sure who your new TA is now, but the fact that you were not informed of any of the changes or that they became in charge of your booking would be enough for me to look for another TA.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise!

So here's the end of the story. And RCI's integrity has been restored (but keep watch on your bookings folks!).

The TA I was using has been sold to a new TA (and back in my home state too! Go Blue!) Nobody told me but I had suspected all was not well with the old TA last fall when it took days to get her to reply to emails (and by then the desired cabin was gone) so I had started using a new TA (this info is to make a short story long). So as cruise dates approach the old TA is transferring the booking to the new TA. The new TA wasn't even aware of some of the bookings I had. I forwarded all my final payment confirmations which notes OBC being granted by RCI and the old TA.

I suggested that the old TA had committed fraud by seeing a price drop on a paid booking, applying for it and pocketing the change. But that is not the case. The new TA told me that stuff is being dropped off as the transfer between agencies happens. She has to get it reinstated and today she claims she has for my November cruise.

And for everyone who flamed me for paying off my cruises...I only work part time and will be retiring next month. My mother had passed away and I saw an opportunity to pay off the bulk of expenses (cruise) knowing I was about to only have Social Security as income, from which airline tickets and extras will have to come.

Glad it worked out.

That said, first you thought RCCL "robbed" you, then the TA committed "fraud". Maybe you need to relax a bit and not think everyone is out to get you.

Glad it worked out.

That said, first you thought RCCL "robbed" you, then the TA committed "fraud". Maybe you need to relax a bit and not think everyone is out to get you.

:D as it turned out, it was the IT department that got me! New TA even added some OBC for my pain and suffering :p

Maybe they thought if you were ok paying them in full for a cruise 11 months out that you don't really care about money that much and would let it slide. I mean as long as you are giving a billion dollar corporation an interest-free loan, why not give them some of your OBC?

:D as it turned out, it was the IT department that got me! New TA even added some OBC for my pain and suffering :p

You probably owe an apology to the TA and RC. Your title is a bit defamatory towards RC. IT mistakes happen and everything was resolved satisfactory.

But I get it, drama titles get a click.

What exactly, does paying the cruise off early have to do with any of this? I dont understand your comment

Nothing, don't know why it matters. My Mom pays her bills in Full day she gets them. Me I wait. Who cares, it's her/their money...

I lost my free gratuity on Mariner repo because we applied an FCC from the non existent 3rd leg. No complaints here, 15 days in a JS for $750

Sherri, that is total BS. Using an FCC to pay for a cruise is NOT a new booking. You were lied to and cheated out of your OBC. I assume that this cruise is now past. Still, I would escalate this. Send a carefully worded explanation to mbayley@rccl.com and someone from his office should contact you very quickly. Be sure to specify what you want as your result.

I have used a weather-induced FCC to pay for a cruise, and nothing "happened" to my booking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A little dramatic on the title, don't you think. Based on your own explanation, RCI didn't "rob" you... your TA made a change, and didn't notify you. Seems like you have a beef with the TA.

I rarely use a TA, as I like to maintain control, but when I do... I book the cruise and maintain control of it until the last possible minute, then I let the TA have it so I can get the airline miles. I have not done this though on the last 6 or 7 cruises.

You only have 60 days to transfer booking. [emoji848]

And it's impossible to do after true final payments

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk