Don't Want To Hurt Cruise Planner

Ladyinflight

I worked out a nice cruise package with a very friendly and accommodating Celebrity cruise planner who seem to be so nice.

I can get a lot of OBC if I transfer the booking to one of those big internet travel sites. I really don't want to hurt the Celebrity

planner but, that OBC would help pay for quite a few excursions. What will that Celebrity planner lose if I do decide to transfer

the booking:confused::confused::confused:. Thanks for the info.

So, if you were buying a car instead of a cruise- the first salesman was really nice, but the salesman at the second dealership offered you a better deal, would you seriously go with the first one?

So, if you were buying a car instead of a cruise- the first salesman was really nice, but the salesman at the second dealership offered you a better deal, would you seriously go with the first one?

Wrong comparison.

If it is a car, I would go for the second one.

If it is a cruise or any other travel booking, I stay with the first one. I’m very loyal to my travel agent who arranges 4 to 6 long, complex trips for us every year. I have no desire whatsoever to replace her in order to make a quick dollar.

I worked out a nice cruise package with a very friendly and accommodating Celebrity cruise planner who seem to be so nice.

I can get a lot of OBC if I transfer the booking to one of those big internet travel sites. I really don't want to hurt the Celebrity

planner but, that OBC would help pay for quite a few excursions. What will that Celebrity planner lose if I do decide to transfer

the booking:confused::confused::confused:. Thanks for the info.

As Toronto Guy mentioned, you should ask them to match it. I am new to Celebrity but this just worked for a recent booking I made.

As Toronto Guy mentioned, you should ask them to match it. I am new to Celebrity but this just worked for a recent booking I made.

So are you saying that if my TA is giving me an extra perk in addition to Celebrity's offered perk plus OBC I should ask Celebrity to do the same? I never thought in a million years Celebrity would match a TA deal.

If what you are saying is that you booked through the Celebrity website, you can easily transfer the booking to one of the online travel agencies. I have done that several times and gotten extra perks and/or OBC. Check with the travel agencies and see what they can do for you. Well worth the effort.

So are you saying that if my TA is giving me an extra perk in addition to Celebrity's offered perk plus OBC I should ask Celebrity to do the same? I never thought in a million years Celebrity would match a TA deal.

Yes that is what I’m saying. They wouldn’t do it for my last booking but they did twice for previous bookings. Worth a shot asking.

Wrong comparison.

If it is a car, I would go for the second one.

If it is a cruise or any other travel booking, I stay with the first one. I’m very loyal to my travel agent who arranges 4 to 6 long, complex trips for us every year. I have no desire whatsoever to replace her in order to make a quick dollar.

It`s not his TA. it`s a Celebrity rep. Your requirements would be very different and much more complex with how you travel, I wouldn`t switch either, but a Celebrity Cruise Planner, no issue.

I just recently had Celebrity match a $375 Big Box Store credit with an OBC of the same amount for not switching my booking by emailing a copy of the online website promotion from the Big Box Store. I think the key was that the “incentive” being matched had to be publicly advertised on a website page. My Celebrity Vacation Planner had to go to her supervisor, but it was approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just recently had Celebrity match a $375 Big Box Store credit with an OBC of the same amount for not switching my booking by emailing a copy of the online website promotion from the Big Box Store. I think the key was that the “incentive” being matched had to be publicly advertised on a website page. My Celebrity Vacation Planner had to go to her supervisor, but it was approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was exactly my recent experience. I had a Big Box online offer for same price & perks plus an extra $275 cash card. My Celebrity Vacation Planner confirmed the online offer and matched it with OBC to keep the booking. It never hurts to ask - good luck :D

I have had X match a TA offer for $150 OBC. It was a repo with no perks so the OBC was useable.

Most of the time we have the Go Best perks so more non-refundable OBC isn’t as valuable as the refundable OBC from a TA

I don't know about Celebrity but the Oceania cruise planner whom I work with told me that she gets credits even when I transfer the booking to an outside travel agent. She spent hours with me and I told her that she was so nice but I would want to transfer the booking out to get additional perks. That was when she said she got credits for booking me first before the transfer so not to worry.

I had Celebrity try to match the offer once but remember their OBC will be Non Refundable but my TA gives me Refundable OBC. Since I had a suite with all 4 perks I wasn't using the sizeable OBC so in my case the TA was much better as it got refunded to my credit card after the trip.

My wife and I were looking to book a cruise on board and after the future cruise agent told us the price I stated that I believe my TA could do better. He encouraged us to call to check and took us to guest relations to use the phone.....in the middle of the Caribbean. Our TA gave us perks, gratuities and Obc for less. The agent on board was happy for us and was just glad we booked a cruise.

My wife and I were looking to book a cruise on board and after the future cruise agent told us the price I stated that I believe my TA could do better. He encouraged us to call to check and took us to guest relations to use the phone.....in the middle of the Caribbean. Our TA gave us perks, gratuities and Obc for less. The agent on board was happy for us and was just glad we booked a cruise.

In many cases you could have booked on board to take advantage of what they offered (reduced deposit, OBC, and possibly extra perks) - then transferred to the TA to get those perks as well.

Mike

We were on Silhouette in March and booked a Reflection cruise while onboard. We are happy with what we got so never gave any consideration to transferring to a TA. Good deal = both parties are happy. Maybe when we're retired and cruising more than once every 18 months or so we'll feel different but for now $200 or so in OBC isn't worth the effort.

Free goodies? Transfer it. We do it all the time, and that's 60-90 days a year cruising.

The Celebrity reps just want you to spend your valuable travel money and enjoy their fleet. In fact when you have transferred a booking to a TA and then book new ones once onboard, the first question they'll ask is if you want to move the booking to that TA. You have to sign a paper saying that you want it left with Celebrity

We asked if he could match it and was told no and that we should book with our TA....and we did.

I wasn't suggesting he would match it. I was suggesting you book on board and get the onboard perks, then transfer to the TA and get their deal in addition. Worst case if they couldn't offer you the same deal on a transfer, you cancel the onboard booking and rebook directly with the TA.

Mike