How strict is final payment date...

mykeb14

Our final payment is due on the 13th and I find out on the 21st if I’ll have to be taking a mandatory training class the week I’m booked. I have only put down my deposit and nothing else can I’m still waiting to hear back.... any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should call Carnival and explain the situation but I don't think they'll hold it that long for you.

Didn't you get approval from your boss before you booked?

Yea but I’m in management for a large retailer and we are going through some big changes so everything is being turned upside down right now

I've seen people post on CC that they 'forgot' their final payment date, missed making the payment and their cruise was cancelled.

Some post on CC that they were trying to make final payment online ON the final payment deadline/drop dead due date, but issues with the website and LONG wait times on the phone made them either miss their due date or BARELY make it in time.

Overall, cruise lines take final payment dates very seriously. CALL CALL CALL ... get a phone app for your cell that records calls so you'll have a record of whatever information that is given to you.

If you don’t make payment by the 13th they may (and if they don’t hear from you by the 21st, probably) cancel your cruise. You’ll definitely want to call ahead to see if this can be arranged. BUT, I agree with another poster about doing insurance. If your employer is going through some issues where pre-approved vacation isn’t being honored, there’s always a chance this issue may pop up again. Personally I would get insurance that covers work issues for cancellation and then pay your final payment on time. Even if they allow you to hold off on paying your balance until the 21st, if you cancel after the 13th, you will still lose your deposit.

Even if they allow you to hold off on paying your balance until the 21st, if you cancel after the 13th, you will still lose your deposit.

That's an excellent point, if they do agree to hold it they would probably only do so if you (the OP) agreed to forfeit your deposit if you cancel.

I called and got a 3 day extension and then called again in 2 days and got a week extension for both mine and my daughters reservations. HOWEVER, we had already paid approximately 85% and 70% respectively towards our bookings. That may make a big difference since you have only paid initial deposit. It's always worth a try though...call them.

Like the others, I say call... be sure to ask Carnival what options are available.

My guess would be the best bet is to make your final payment and then if things hit the fan at work, call and reschedule on another ship. Paying a $50 fee per person, is better than losing everything.

Like the others, I say call... be sure to ask Carnival what options are available.

My guess would be the best bet is to make your final payment and then if things hit the fan at work, call and reschedule on another ship. Paying a $50 fee per person, is better than losing everything.

That's as long as things hit the fan before the actual final payment date.

If it's past final payment date when things hit the fan OP would lose at the least their deposit depending on when they had to cancel.

If the ship is sold out Carnival may have a waiting list and may not be that willing to grant extensions.

As everyone else says, call.

Good luck:)

Bill

Hopefully you purchased travel/trip insurance that has "work reasons" included. Typically you have 2 weeks from *initial trip payment* to get "cancel for work reasons" (ie, if you tried to buy it now, odds are the insurance will not cover this as it's kinda "after the fact").

Hope it all works out for you (you get to take your cruise and stuff).

Check the trip insurance website because you may still be eligible for the "work reasons" insurance since it is before final pmt. Options will be fewer and cost may be more, but you should still be able to find that option. Then if you need to cancel, you just need evidence that your vacay was approved when you booked but circumstances have changed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app