Another wicked dream about my up coming cruise! Missed flight, forgotten passport & m

I have no idea why my subconscious is doing this, or a harsh reminder of making sure to get it together, and start getting ready for a Middle September Sunday cruise!

The newest twist I have now missed my flight trying to help someone else, and lost track of all time, & gone was fc hello middle seat coach. I left my passport @ home, but somehow I get onboard the correct ship of Oasis instead of Allure, and I forgot all my heart meds, so I am madly calling CVS to send down 10 days, and take Uber to go pu & back before the door closes!

Seriously this is really a tad unnerving, but I did almost miss my JB flight due to a rollover @ 5am on the MA Pike 4 an 11am flight down to PR! I do triple check passport with me til I have boarded the ship! I am spending night before @ Westborough, so it should be at most 20min to Framingham and then into Boston 4 a noon flight out to MCO! I guess next twist is none of my cc works, or I have zero cash with me which actually did happen, but BA banks are prevalent in FL!?!

Maybe it is a stark reminder don't screw this up! Anyone else going through something similar or just me!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

I have no idea why my subconscious is doing this, or a harsh reminder of making sure to get it together, and start getting ready for a Middle September Sunday cruise!

The newest twist I have now missed my flight trying to help someone else, and lost track of all time, & gone was fc hello middle seat coach. I left my passport @ home, but somehow I get onboard the correct ship of Oasis instead of Allure, and I forgot all my heart meds, so I am madly calling CVS to send down 10 days, and take Uber to go pu & back before the door closes!

Seriously this is really a tad unnerving, but I did almost miss my JB flight due to a rollover @ 5am on the MA Pike 4 an 11am flight down to PR! I do triple check passport with me til I have boarded the ship! I am spending night before @ Westborough, so it should be at most 20min to Framingham and then into Boston 4 a noon flight out to MCO! I guess next twist is none of my cc works, or I have zero cash with me which actually did happen, but BA banks are prevalent in FL!?!

Maybe it is a stark reminder don't screw this up! Anyone else going through something similar or just me!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

CVS, JB, MA, PR, MCO, BA, FL, fc, pu, cc....... please need more acronyms......

But relax, it will all be good :)

I had a similar dream recently, about my upcoming September cruise with my daughters. Showed up at the port with no passports/paperwork, no time to drive home for them either. Just as hubby looked at me in exasperation, I told him “No big deal! We don’t leave today anyway!” So even in my dream I knew it was a dream :o

After 60+ cruises I still experience cruise anxiety dreams before each cruise. They are usually cruise clothing/luggage related. So, you are not alone.

Also, it almost never fails that I encounter a Titanic/Night to Remember/Andrea Doria/Perfect Storm/Poseidon Adventure movie in the few weeks before each cruise. Coincidence? I think not. :rolleyes:;)

In all those cruises though, we only experienced one incident where our luggage did not arrive with us. It was scary but since we fly in on the day before, we were able to retrieve our luggage the next morning before embarkation.

Flying from the states to Puerto Rico is no problem, no passport required. If you are taking a closed loop cruise then pack a copy of your birth certificate, take a picture with your smart phone and leave the original with a trusted family member who could fax it to the port in the event you lose the other two. It's always good to have a back up plan if you can.

Edited by sparks1093

So funny!! Just last night I dreamt we were being dropped off at the port and we opened the back end of the car and our suitcases weren't there - no one had loaded them. Fortunately we are only 1.5-1.75 hrs away so I was going to hop in the car and make the round trip (because suddenly - as dreams do - I'm driving instead of being dropped off. Planned to leave DH there to try to hold the ship (ROFLMAO) in case I'm late getting back.

Leaving 4 weeks from Sunday. Guarantee the luggage will be in the car. ;p

(yn)Tell your subconscious to tone it down.

Have a nice glass of wine :wine-glass:, a Xanax ;p, or at least a cup of camomile tea :hot-beverage: before bed each night the rest of the month before your trip.

This "cruise nightmare" actually happened to me - True Story:

We live in San Antonio, TX but had a one-way rental car to New Orleans for a TransAtlantic cruise.

After dropping the car off at Avis in New Orleans, we took the trolley to the port. I had a suitcase, small backpack and my purse. My husband had a suitcase and a backpack. In my purse I had the passports, set sail pass, a brand new cell phone, $1000 cash in Euros, credit cards, tickets for our international flight home and U.S. cash and.......

I LEFT MY PURSE ON THE TROLLEY !!!

I just about had a heart attack and a stroke rolled into one. I ran back to where the trolley had dropped us off but, of course, it was gone. There were a couple policemen nearby and after frantically telling them what had just happened, one of them got on his cell phone and called "someone". About 10 minutes later, the trolley showed up again coming from the other direction and on the dashboard in front of the driver, was my purse. With everything intact. It could have ended horrible and we would have had to go back to Avis and rent another car back to S.A.

The 2nd best part of this story was my husband did not utter one word of blame to me (he was probably in shock, too) even though it was clearly my fault.

So, while I also have nightmares of things that can go wrong prior to a cruise, I actually lived through one.