Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

QSS, thanks for your post. Your sister is lucky to have all of you! Glad you can come here for some positivity.

Facebook is quite a sea of negativity at times. I have friends way out on both sides and I often hurt my neck from shaking my head in disbelief. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hope this is not too personal...

When my older sister was born (long time ago), the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, choking her brain of essential oxygen, and her brain was damaged - in the words of that time, she was born mentally retarded.  Of course my brothers and I all love her, and feel protective of her.  She is still with us.

A few minutes ago, I saw the insult "libtard" on a Facebook post and I just couldn't handle it anymore, the hatred, the downright meanness.  I know there are good people on both sides, but these haters are getting to me.

So I just stopped by the cooler for a break from all that.  Thank you all.

If it wasn't for my daughters' posts I'd be done with FB.  I certainly am for the night.  Wish I had a funny thing to post...

Some people are just mean☹️....so sorry you had to experience that and no it is not too personal.......we are all

here for one another.🙂  I don't use FB or Twitter.....I have no interest in either of those social media places. 

Cruise Critic is the only place I chat.........you can vent on here with us anytime you want!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hope this is not too personal...

When my older sister was born (long time ago), the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, choking her brain of essential oxygen, and her brain was damaged - in the words of that time, she was born mentally retarded.  Of course my brothers and I all love her, and feel protective of her.  She is still with us.

A few minutes ago, I saw the insult "libtard" on a Facebook post and I just couldn't handle it anymore, the hatred, the downright meanness.  I know there are good people on both sides, but these haters are getting to me.

So I just stopped by the cooler for a break from all that.  Thank you all.

If it wasn't for my daughters' posts I'd be done with FB.  I certainly am for the night.  Wish I had a funny thing to post...

I don't do FB, Twiter etc.  Actually if it wasn't for Q19 I probably would not be doing this. I don't like being made unhappy by others.  I can do that one my own. I guess that's why I hang in here.  Will be down your way Sat. Memorial service  in Midlothian.

Also have a sister-in-law in Glen Allen.

Hang in there we all can't be as understanding as Mysty and her following her.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind thoughts, feel better now.  I'm truly grateful. 

From now on, I'll restrict FB to a quick scan for family posts and out.  Don't have the thick skin for it.

Chas, we are south of of Richmond, Midlothian is not far away.  If there's anything we can do for you while you're down this way, let me know.  Weather here will be the coolest so far this fall, we'll all be bundled up! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

QSS - so glad you are feeling better - Many if not all of us are a lot more sensitive  to nastiness and slights than usual, me included.  It is not at all surprising in the circumstances.

I am rather thin-skinned too, and for that reason have not gone on Facebook or any other social media.  I find I get humour and kindness when needed on this very board!  We should all vent on here when necessary;  it does make things better.

Lola

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YES, we all need to hang in.  The weather here is getting colder today.  Not sunny and pleasant.   Down to 50F and rainy at 4-5 pm today.  Not fun or ideal weather.  Covid-19 numbers are going up here in our state, plus in many other areas around our country and for the world.  Not good news!!

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1960744701_ScreenShot2020-10-15at3_29_12PM.png.f7a5f0c6c0c166f4ae7070d38b8286e2.png

1086782939_ScreenShot2020-10-15at3_28_08PM.png.c5f0169f2b419e6ac00615a50d13f9de.png

• Like 1

The bits of joy are becoming harder to find as this pandemic thing refuses to loosen its grip.  I got lucky today!  I just spent the most delightful hour and a bit I have enjoyed since the virus turned our world upside down. I was able to attend the Silversea webinar hosted by Norman Rafelson and Fernando Barroso de Oliveira featuring Lawrence d'Almeida. Of course, the topic was wine!  I may be becoming a caricature at this point.  😁  Thank you so much to these three gentlemen and to the cruise line which cannot be mentioned for my bit of joy today!  I really hope you have all found one!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mysty said:

I really hope you have all found one!

I cleaned our kitchen today, inspired by the messiness of Emtbsam's.  Well, "clean" as in I emptied the dishwasher and put 4-days of dishes into it.  AND, I shaved today.  Well, my neck.  Partially.  

DW would be so embarrassed by my bachelor lifestyle if she saw it in person.

Edited by Stumblefoot
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I cleaned our kitchen today, inspired by the messiness of Emtbsam's.  Well, "clean" as in I emptied the dishwasher and put 4-days of dishes into it.  AND, I shaved today.  Well, my neck.  Partially.  

DW would be so embarrassed by my bachelor lifestyle if she saw it in person.

Excellent Stumble!  Did you sport a great big grin for those moments of joy?  😁

QSS, I'm so sorry you had to experience that, I too sometimes despair at these keyboard warriors hiding behind their monitors. Just try and take some comfort from knowing that they are way outnumbered by lovely people. 

A Big thank you to the person that made me chuckle on my 50th unbirthday, you know who you are! It brightened up an otherwise miserable day. 

Things are still crazy here. New restrictions coming in tomorrow in Wales so the registrar has moved heaven and earth and moved Saturdays wedding to tommorow. 

Rumour is that Wales is going into lockdown again on Monday so we will be closed down again. Our pitiful Mps should understand that this is a time that we really need them to work together, instead they just play politics and put their careers before saving lives, jobs and businesses.  I'm starting to dread waking up in the mornings.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Daveywavey70 said:

QSS, I'm so sorry you had to experience that, I too sometimes despair at these keyboard warriors hiding behind their monitors. Just try and take some comfort from knowing that they are way outnumbered by lovely people. 

A Big thank you to the person that made me chuckle on my 50th unbirthday, you know who you are! It brightened up an otherwise miserable day. 

Things are still crazy here. New restrictions coming in tomorrow in Wales so the registrar has moved heaven and earth and moved Saturdays wedding to tommorow. 

Rumour is that Wales is going into lockdown again on Monday so we will be closed down again. Our pitiful Mps should understand that this is a time that we really need them to work together, instead they just play politics and put their careers before saving lives, jobs and businesses.  I'm starting to dread waking up in the mornings.

Again no appropriate button to respond DW!  This virus is squeezing the life out of all of us (not literally but most effectively).  Best wishes for a short lock down.  Keep your pecker up dear lad!

5 hours ago, mysty said:

Excellent Stumble!  Did you sport a great big grin for those moments of joy?  😁

LOL Mysty!  I don’t think a grin is what I was wearing on my face.

2 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Hopefully she wouldn't become DxW... Better shape up, Stumbles!

Don’t you go telling her anything, JP, while she’s away from home. What she doesn’t know about my kitchen cleaning and shaving habits won’t hurt her.  😆

Now, where’s that extra serving of dessert?

• Haha 4